• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 9th: PM2019 124 - The Semifinals III: Valor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
To be fair, Stealth Rock seems far too elementary and basic for Cynthia; considering it's the strategy the first Gym leader in Sinnoh uses.

Edit: Unless of course; we see a modified version of Stealth Rock with Anime logic.
I mean entry hazards are basic level but op in the anime still, wont really compare it to the games. I can see the entry hazard being a hindrance, and moreso Im just happy to see entry hazards used here lol, they were forgotten for a long while
I’m making a comparison I’m not saying that Cynthia committed genocide or anything. It just that like Cynthia Germany started out dominating but ended up shooting themselves in the foot.
Using stealth rock is shooting themselves in the foot?

I mean entry hazards are basic level but op in the anime still, wont really compare it to the games. I can see the entry hazard being a hindrance, and moreso Im just happy to see entry hazards used here lol, they were forgotten for a long while

I’m talking about overall. Cynthia decided to Dynamax Togekiss instead of Mega Evolving Garchomp and doesn’t see Lucario as a threat and doesn’t know about how powerful the bond phenomenon Aura Mega bond between Ashcario is, which is shooting herself in the foot. She should have used Destiny Bond on Lucario as Lucario is a bigger threat then Pikachu as Garchomp would destroy Pikachu

AJ97

Seems like a waste of a move slot to have Stealth Rock on Garchomp. I mean, she could've set up toxic spikes with Roserade. Actually, the latter might still be a possibility as we see Dracovish Poisoned.

AJ97

I’m talking about overall. Cynthia decided to Dynamax Togekiss instead of Mega Evolving Garchomp and doesn’t see Lucario as a threat and doesn’t know about how powerful the bond phenomenon Aura Mega bond between Ashcario is, which is shooting herself in the foot. She should have used Destiny Bond on Lucario as Lucario is a bigger threat then Pikachu as Garchomp would destroy Pikachu
This is simple-minded thinking. Ash is not your typical run-of-the-mill trainer. Cynthia can't beat him following a Linear formula. She's Not mega evolving Garchomp because, she thinks she has a better chance of winning without doing so. There's no other reason why she wouldn't want to Mega Evolve.

Pikachu currently objectively has Ash's Greatest feat. It took out the Mega Evolved ace of the Third Strongest trainer in the world; despite being in a position where it couldn't land a single hit on it.
Cynthia would be foolish to not take Pikachu seriously. I mean, Pikachu literally turned the match around for Ash by taking out Gastrodon and Spiritomb without taking any damage.

Sham

The Guardian of War

It’s also worth noting the tweet said if you attack before the Stealth Rock is activated the power is increased

Agreed. Didn’t Paul also use Stealth Rock in the Sinnoh League? At least it’s kinda competitive since it’s used pretty much all the time in online matches.

It’ll kinda be like a “I’m taking you down with me” before Garchomp is recalled and it damages Lucario. It also gives Togekiss a hand after Dynamaxing it

Hopefully it’s not replacing something like Dragon Claw or Dacro Meteor since those are iconic

In almost all iterations of her battles, Togekiss knows Aura Sphere. Add this to Max Knuckle and an already damaged Lucario

Last edited:

Rohanator

Even if Mega Garchomp doesn't happen I'm sure it won't be treated as Cynthia nerfing herself, whatever she does they'll probably just be like "Oh this is Cynthia's TRUE serious mode" or whatever lol

Dynamax Togekiss could actually be kinda genius if they do it right

Zen Headbutt = Psychic Terrain = Bullet Punch sealed

Air Slash = speed boost

Aura Sphere? = attack boost

Baton Pass = a more dangerous Garchomp than Mega?? Mega Chomp is normally slower than regular Chomp but this way it can potentially be as strong while also being way faster in addition to Lucario potentially having 1 move sealed.

Cynthia deserves to win and yet she’s loosing because of Aura and the powerful bond between Ash and Lucario OOOOH BOY

LazySpy

Kimty
Cynthia is literally THROWING and yet Lucario will get all the credit smh
Cynthia is pulling an Ash in the Kalos League and shooting herself in the foot. If you know you know.
No Cynthia is pulling a Germany in WWII
Mad?
Can you please go **** yourself? How deranged do you have to be to make that comparison, let alone your obnoxious idiotic psychotic behaviour throughout the forums for last few months. How can someone be this salty and mad? Holy **** XYZ broke you, get a life
Mad?
I’m making a comparison I’m not saying that Cynthia committed genocide or anything. It just that like Cynthia Germany started out dominating but ended up shooting themselves in the foot. How is this offensive? Plus I hate the Nazis
Mad?

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Can you please go **** yourself? How deranged do you have to be to make that comparison, let alone your obnoxious idiotic psychotic behaviour throughout the forums for last few months. How can someone be this salty and mad? Holy **** XYZ broke you, get a life
My friend, you need to chill out. This negativity is bad for you, and everyone around you. Just take a deep breath.

That's right, now you should be feeling better. Always stay positive and kind! :)

I feel like they made Aura way more powerful then they should have with Ash’s Lucario, because Lucario has two OP gimmicks while everyone else has one. Aura plus Mega Evolution automatically makes Lucario better then every other Pokémon. Like if Ash used Aura plus Mega against the Articuno he could of one-shot it.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
Even if Mega Garchomp doesn't happen I'm sure it won't be treated as Cynthia nerfing herself, whatever she does they'll probably just be like "Oh this is Cynthia's TRUE serious mode" or whatever lol

Air Slash = speed boost

Baton Pass = a more dangerous Garchomp than Mega?? Mega Chomp is normally slower than regular Chomp but this way it can potentially be as strong while also being way faster in addition to Lucario potentially having 1 move sealed.
This would be epic to see.

Pteranodonte

Air Slash = speed boost

Psychic Terrain does not affect Flying types, so kinda useless.
Bullet Punch bypasses the speed boost.
Attack boost can help with Zen Headbutt maybe.
If it actually has Baton Pass then yeah, a weakened Lucario winning against Cynthia's boosted Garchomp would be total bullshit, so let's hope not.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Cynthia using Stealth Rock more than halfway through the battle against someone who doesn't even switch......

OMG Tomioka is a genius. He's pulling out all the stops! This battle is surely going to go down in anime history, not just Pokémon!

I get that seeing entry hazards might be *unique* since it's been a while, but sheesh some people acting like this is some Light Yagami tier planning and tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.