• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 9th: PM2019 124 - The Semifinals III: Valor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Conway was truly DP’s dark horse.

AJ97

I feel like they made Aura way more powerful then they should have with Ash’s Lucario, because Lucario has two OP gimmicks while everyone else has one. Aura plus Mega Evolution automatically makes Lucario better then every other Pokémon. Like if Ash used Aura plus Mega against the Articuno he could of one-shot it.
This isn't even true.
AG as a gimmick is far more OP.

The reason AG is OP is because it can keep getting stronger during battle; the more in sync it is with Ash. Lucario also seems to have a version of this, but for now; it seems to be limited to the aura sphere boosts.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
The all-out battle royal in this thread between people who like the episode, criticize the episode, Cynthia simps, Ash haters and the trolls is more exciting than the PWC so far.
Dont forget about us Diantha lovers who are still salty...

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Poor Dracovish, getting curbstomped twice despite having Strong Jaw.

Rohanator

That would mean Togekiss has to switch out, meaning Lucario would still have to defeat Togekiss when it comes back in, making the battle against Garchomp less climactic.
I did think of that, maybe they could bend the rules slightly where as Togekiss is getting recalled Lucario gets one last hit in which KO's it while the Baton Pass boosts still get transferred or something.

Alternatively, Cynthia could bow out gracefully knowing Togekiss is in no shape to win, a forfeit could kinda tie into her will to retire (or the opposite happens and as Cynthia tries to call it quits Togekiss insists on fighting till the end which makes Cynthia reconsider retiring, seeing the passion of her Pokemon)

Psychic Terrain does not affect Flying types, so kinda useless.
Bullet Punch bypasses the speed boost.
Attack boost can help with Zen Headbutt maybe.
If it actually has Baton Pass then yeah, a weakened Lucario winning against Cynthia's boosted Garchomp would be total bullshit, so let's hope not.
Psychic Terrain prevents priority moves from being used, hence why I said Bullet Punch would get sealed.

Pteranodonte

I did think of that, maybe they could bend the rules slightly where as Togekiss is getting recalled Lucario gets one last hit in which KO's it while the Baton Pass boosts still get transferred or something.

Alternatively, Cynthia could bow out gracefully knowing Togekiss is in no shape to win, a forfeit could kinda tie into her will to retire (or the opposite happens and as Cynthia tries to call it quits Togekiss insists on fighting till the end which makes Cynthia reconsider retiring, seeing the passion of her Pokemon)

Psychic Terrain prevents priority moves from being used, hence why I said Bullet Punch would get sealed.
No since Togekiss is a Flying type, and thus wouldn't be protected by Psychic Terrain.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
My friend, you need to chill out. This negativity is bad for you, and everyone around you. Just take a deep breath.

That's right, now you should be feeling better. Always stay positive and kind! :)
Bro you still on this?
Cynthia using Stealth Rock more than halfway through the battle against someone who doesn't even switch......

OMG Tomioka is a genius. He's pulling out all the stops! This battle is surely going to go down in anime history, not just Pokémon!

I get that seeing entry hazards might be *unique* since it's been a while, but sheesh some people acting like this is some Light Yagami tier planning and tactics.
Since this is clearly a dig at me
When I say Tomioka is pulling out all the stops, I mean how he's implementing various strats from the games as he possibly can to include in the battle, including the entry hazard concept which was prevalent in Paul's battle so it is finally nice to see it be used here and brought up.
They hyperbole of claiming I said this battle will go down in history or its some Light Yagami plan is funny as a way to act as disingenious as possible, so props on that

Status
Not open for further replies.