• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 9th: PM2019 124 - The Semifinals III: Valor

Status
Not open for further replies.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Obligatory pray for a good part 2. Part 1 was good (for Journeys standards), please keep it up.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Woah woah wait a minute what’s this about Cynthia using Dynamax? How out of the loop have I been these past couple days :eek:
Anipoke tweet implies she’s Dynamaxing Togekiss as a strategy because Ash is already aware of it.
Im so glad my class got cancelled tomorrow lol so I can watch this episode live as well!!
Congrats !

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Okay so the first part of the match went like this:

Dragonite vs Spiritomb: Spiritomb and recalled
Gengar vs Roserade: Roserade is recalled
Gengar vs Spiritomb: Spiritomb and recalled
Pikachu vs Togekiss: Togekiss is recalled
Pikachu vs Spiritomb: Draw

So predicting the part of the battle that will be shown here I think this is how the match ups will go based on what we know and some speculation:

Dracovish vs Roserade: Dracovish but is badly poisoned
Dracovish vs Garchomp: Garchomp and recalled
Sirfetch’d vs Milotic: Sirfetch’d
Sirfetch’d vs Garchomp: Garchomp and recalled
Lucario vs Togekiss/Dynmax Togekiss: Lucario

Then the episode ends maybe the episode ends with Cynthia sending Garchomp out and the next episode will just focus on the battle between Lucario and Garchomp.

I don’t think that they would have Lucario battle and beat Milotic considering it’s already going to be getting a Dynmax Togekiss and Garchomp.

I suppose there is a possibility that Ash Dynmaxes his Sirfetch’d here and that Lucario will just rely on its aura boost to get it through the battle with Garchomp so they can save Mega Lucario for the battle against Leon.

I say this because would they have really Dynmax Togekiss and then have her Garchomp go up against a Aura Boosted Mega Lucario.

nuzamaki90

Anipoke tweet implies she’s Dynamaxing Togekiss as a strategy because Ash is already aware of it.

Congrats !
Woah what a twist. From a game perspective it makes sense because Dynamax Togekiss is better than Mega Garchomp in literally every way but at the same time no Mega VS Mega battle in the entirety of Journeys is a tad disappointing.

I guess we’ll see. Why wouldn’t she Dynamax Garchomp though?

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Since this is clearly a dig at me
When I say Tomioka is pulling out all the stops, I mean how he's implementing various strats from the games as he possibly can to include in the battle, including the entry hazard concept which was prevalent in Paul's battle so it is finally nice to see it be used here and brought up.
They hyperbole of claiming I said this battle will go down in history or its some Light Yagami plan is funny as a way to act as disingenious as possible, so props on that
Yeah no **** that you didn't literally say it was some Light Yagami plan but describing Stealth Rock as "this is writing heaven, jesus christ Tomioka is pulling all the stops" was so obviously exaggerated as though it was some big brain move. Also, Stealth Rock this late in the battle is more of dumbass move rather than anything tactical. She could've set up Toxic Spikes when she first sent out Roserade as her entry hazard early on. Since her Garchomp is the only one who can use Stealth Rock in her team, it also means she sacrificed an offensive move for it.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Wonder will they give Cynthia a new unique scene that’s different than the others for when she Dynamaxes and is it even on her wrist

Ash vs Cynthia is not good writing and yet people are enjoying it

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
Please let Sirfetch'd cleanly beat Milotic, no shenanigans with ties.

If it doesn't I'm gonna have a very public meltdown and it will be everyone's problem.

Rune Knight

I was also thinking that after Mega Lucario beats D-Max Togekiss it will be so worn out that it will revert back to its regular form; paving way for a standard Lucario vs. Garchomp battle.

I hope that they play one of the Sinnoh Opening or Ending songs during their last battle like Type Wild during Pikachu vs. Tapu Koko.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
I think Ash vs Cynthia is like mostly fine (so far). Sure, there are contrived moments in the battle, but also pretty epic moments. Cynthia in particular has been depicted as a true veteran trainer. Though I am confused as to why she waited until like the middle of the battle to set up Stealth Rocks.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
I was also thinking that after Mega Lucario beats D-Max Togekiss it will be so worn out that it will revert back to its regular form; paving way for a standard Lucario vs. Garchomp battle.

I hope that they play one of the Sinnoh Opening or Ending songs during their last battle like Type Wild during Pikachu vs. Tapu Koko.
Saikou Everyday would be awesome!

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Stealth Rock is cool and stuff, but why
A) waiting until the middle of the battle?
B) waste a move like that on Garchomp?

She should have started with Garchomp putting on Stealth Rock and then doing the Spritomb strategy. THAT would have been OP.!

Status
Not open for further replies.