• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Just picked up the latest Ichiban today:

At the Pokemon Center on Akala, Moon learns from the Totem Pokemon from Lana and Mallow, while Sun and Kiawe are outside comparing their bank account balances (Sun deposits at Bank Spoink while Kiawe at Bank Alola). Sun sees the little sum Kiawe has saved for his overseas studies, and Kiawe also sees just how little Sun has saved for the 100 million margin. Moon drags Sun back into the Pokemon Center by using Grubbin's silk threads, and thinks he should learn about the Totems himself since he is the one doing the Challenge after all. Lana explains about an 8-meter creature in the waters of Brooklet Hill which is troubling the residents since it drags away rods, beach balls and floats. Sun wonders why as local powerful trainers, the Captains won't take care of the creature themselves. Lana starts to cry upon the question, and Moon thinks she must have her reasons and Sun decides not to ask any further.

Kiawe excuses himself to work, and Sun wonders if he could perhaps part-time in the mart as well. Moon keeps reminding Sun of his 'mission', and Sun asks why Moon is sticking around instead of going home, thinking that she must feel bored. Rotom-Dex is quite annoyed with Sun's attitude, and Moon alerts Sun to the fact that they actually don't have the Mirage Berries they are supposed to deliver to the Tapus. Sun freaks out, and asks for Moon's help to find the berry (since she seems bored). Moon agrees easily, much to Sun's shock, and Moon reveals that part of the reason she came to Alola is actually to find certain berries that only grow in the region, which is why she is touring the islands for her own reason, but only decides to help out Sun's mission as a bonus. Sun is worried about her charge for 'tagging along', but Moon says she doesn't charge. Moon then giggles to herself, and we learn that Kukui actually personally requested her to help Sun find the Berries (since he believed Sun may not find them). The Pokedex was actually her reward for agreeing to the deal. Mallow then decides to bring Moon to the Lush Jungle, while Sun heads off to Brooklet Hill with Lana.

At the Dimensional Research Lab, Kukui finds the document Burnet is looking for (the one with Palkia, Giratina and Bronzong). He contacts her via video conference (Burnet is at Kukui's lab on Melemele with Lillie), and she wants him to digitalize the first 10 pages for her. Burnet learns about Sun and Moon's progress, and reveals that Lillie is busy helping her fix the holes in the house which Kukui created. She thinks this helps to keep the girl occupied and suggests Kukui formally hire Lillie as his assistant since he will be repeatedly blasting holes in the house that needs fixing anyway. Burnet informs Kukui that she has learnt from old scripture that the Pokemon Lillie carries around is a legendary Pokemon called Cosmog. She thinks Lillie may not even know what it is, but she suspects that whoever Lillie is running away from has something to do with the Cosmog.

At Brooklet, Sun slips on the planks and drops a coin into water. He freaks out, and Lana tells him to forget it as it's only 1 yen. However, Sun argues that 1 yen is extremely important, especially when you only have 199 yen and wants to buy a 200 yen Pokeball. A wild Wishiwashi returns the coin to Sun, and he immediately falls in love with its cuteness (he has never seen one before). He asks Lana whether such small Pokemon will get eaten by the 8-meter creature, and Lana replies that she heard they are tasty. Sun decides to protect the Wishiwashi, adds it to his team and nicknames it Baht (the currency of Thailand. Its katakana is Ba-Tsu, which also means 'cross-out' as in 'wrong answer' in Japanese. He chooses this nickname because Wishiwashi's eyes are in X shape). Lana wonders why he isn't capturing it with a Pokeball but Sun says he shall do it later. He asks Baht if it knows where the 8-meter creature is, and Baht starts leading the way (Sun gets on Lapras Ride).

However, after 4-5 hours, every whirlpool or splash Sun encounters is just other wild water Pokemon. He starts to wonder if Baht really knows where the creature is. He hops into the water to see big schools of Wishiwashi, and starts to wonder if Baht was simply leading it to its home. En gets angry with Baht and starts attacking it, and ends up scaring it off. Sun tries to call it back, but when it does, it swarms up and becomes its giant form. Sun finally realizes that Baht and its friends are the 8-meter Totem Pokemon.

Meanwhile, in Lush Jungle, Mallow wonders if Moon is doing ok, and Moon replies that she has field training experience. Moon notices some pollen floating around, and wonders if they are what she is supposed to find. However, Mallow states that she has never seen them before. At that moment, they spot Tapu Lele floating high above, and it is apparently engaged in battle with something emerging from a dimensional rift (it's a Xurkitree)...

====================

So Sun gets a third Pokemon also named after a currency. I wonder how he is supposed to summon its swarm form in the future though. A bit of an original plot with the Mirage Berry, though I don't really recall any Alola-introduced or Alola-specific berries, so it's likely nothing we know.

At the end, they also showed the colorless cover of Vol. 53, which features Whi-two in her Plasma uniform in the middle (with Zorua and Foongy). On her right is Hugh, and on her left is Lack-two with his Gliscor and Kabutops. Background is Black Kyurem. We also see the cover of the Pedia, with Mato styled Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Gold and Silver on the right, and Yamamoto styled ones on the left. The later Dex holders are not on the cover.

Will get pictures up later.

Edit: thanks to Obscurites, the nickname of Wishiwashi is more likely Baht (currency of Thailand), rather than my initial thought of Vatu (currency of Vanuatu).

Coronis~

Last edited:

Moni_22

Thanks for the summary! Looks like the story has progressed a lot, and I really like that other UBs apart from Nihilego are going to be featured in the main story.

I wonder if maybe the Mirage Berry is something that is going to be introduced in USUM...

I also wonder about Vatu, since Wishiwashi needs other Wishiwashi to obtain the big form, how is it going to do it everytime?

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Interesting...a caught Totem?

And Whitley gets Zorua...YESSS!

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Some images:
1) Sun and Kiawe getting ready to 'compete' on their bank accounts
2) Moon dragging Sun into Pkmn Center by Grubbin
3) Sun annoying Rotom-Dex
4) The truth about Moon's Pokedex
5) Lana crying over Sun's challenge on why she didn't take on the Totem herself
6) Lillie hurting her finger while fixing Kukui's house
7) Wild Wishiwashi finding Sun's coin
8) Baht's nickname
9) Sun getting on Lapras Ride
10) En attacking Baht
11) Wishiwashi Totem
12) Tapu Lele vs Xurkitree
13) Covers of Vol. 53 and the PKSPedia

Coronis~

Last edited:

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
So Volume 54 will have White Kyurem and B2W2 will probably end in Vol. 55 with XY beginning in the same volume.

I am serperior

The Ultimate trainee
I knew sun is gonna catch a Wishiwashi,I'm hoping he gets a dhelmise,I think it suits him imo.Im liking what I'm seeing so far

iml908

The Vol. 53 just further hints at Zorua going to Whi-Two. At least now she'll have two, maybe three with Gigi.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Wishiwashi can be found in several locations in Alola. Either Baht will only transform in those, or they'll just have him summon them from those locations?

Wishiwashi is a strange choice, though. Most Pokedex holders don't usually have fish Pokemon that cannot move on dry land, and when they do, the story avoids putting them on dry land so they can fight properly.

Gold's Mantine can fly thanks to its Remoraid jetpack, Ruby's Feebas rarely ever fought on land; it usually stood on Ruby's shoulder or something, Sapphire had Wailord and Relicanth, which were mostly used for transportation and summoning the Regis, and ORAS replaced Relicanth with Gallade anyway, and White's Alomomola can float.

Hey, wait a second. This puts a hole in my theory that Sun would have an all-cat team. Now I'm questioning if he'll get Solgaleo now.

...Cats eat fish. Does that count?

Last edited:
Wishiwashi can be found in several locations in Alola. Either Baht will only transform in those, or they'll just have him summon them from those locations?

Wishiwashi is a strange choice, though. Most Pokedex holders don't usually have fish Pokemon that cannot move on dry land, and when they do, the story avoids putting them on dry land so they can fight properly.

Gold's Mantine can fly thanks to its Remoraid jetpack, Ruby's Feebas rarely ever fought on land; it usually stood on Ruby's shoulder or something, Sapphire had Wailord and Relicanth, which were mostly used for transportation and summoning the Regis, and ORAS replaced Relicanth with Gallade anyway, and White's Alomomola can float.

Hey, wait a second. This puts a hole in my theory that Sun would have an all-cat team. Now I'm questioning if he'll get Solgaleo now.

...Cats eat fish. Does that count?

Well, Alola is a bunch of small islands, so it shouldn't be too hard to often fight with a body of water nearby.

...and is it worth mentioning that 'sol' is the currency of Peru?

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
It's a Totem, just say it floats due to having Totem aura. But wow really digging the pace and progression as well as Sun's new capture. I hope Pokespe continues to take creative liberties with the games, I always dislike it when the chapters feel like game summaries in the sense there is no difference. They're doing great here.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
FWIW he did not catch it...

He gave it a nickname. There would be no point in doing that if he wasn't going to keep it.

Also, if he caught it beforehand, then he wouldn't need to fight it, which is kind of against the point of a Totem battle.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Some images:
1) Sun and Kiawe getting ready to 'compete' on their bank accounts
2) Moon dragging Sun into Pkmn Center by Grubbin
3) Sun annoying Rotom-Dex
4) The truth about Moon's Pokedex
5) Lana crying over Sun's challenge on why she didn't take on the Totem herself
6) Lillie hurting her finger while fixing Kukui's house
7) Wild Wishiwashi finding Sun's coin
8) Baht's nickname
9) Sun getting on Lapras Ride
10) En attacking Baht
11) Wishiwashi Totem
12) Tapu Lele vs Xurkitree
13) Covers of Vol. 53 and the PKSPedia

Coronis~

Nice! Nice stuff all around for the SM chapter. I love how money hungry Sun is. To worrying about charging Moon to losing one yen to the sea. I've been waiting for a character like Sun for a long time in special. Moon totally could have trolled him with payment just to keep a funny dynamic going. Poor Lillie's finger.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
The Vol. 53 just further hints at Zorua going to Whi-Two. At least now she'll have two, maybe three with Gigi.

Why would Whi-Two get Gigi? Did I miss something in the previous few rounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.