1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

September Plot Discussion

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by lolipiece, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lolipiece

lolipiece ✧* Ladies ~ *✧ Staff Member Moderator

Alola! It's Pokespe SM time for July!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This time it's more Ultra Beast shenanigans, Fallers are mentioned, more Sun bullying, and the debut of best Kahuna.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  2. Moni_22

Moni_22 Well-Known Member

Seems like things are progressing again. I'm glad that the manga has kept the Fallers since in USUM the term disappeared. So Sun's going to Poni alone? I wonder what Moon is doing meanwhile, maybe searching a way to open a portal?

3. shoz999

shoz999 Name's Looker, Detective Looker.

Not sure if this is relevant to the discussion but I'm pretty sure this will happen in some way, I hope in the next volume we get to see Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow again on Poni Island where the Battle Tree is located, especially Yellow. She is long overdue for both a short-time appearance and having her own main story arc. I can see Red being there with Pikachu and Snorlax being associated with the Z-moves, I can see Green being there because of his appearance on USUM, by extension I can also see Blue and Yellow there using one of the two Pikachu Z-moves, because as we know there are actually two Pikachu Z-moves. In fact I can see them being handled through a short cameo fighting off the Ultra Beasts while the main characters deal with Necrozma in the shortest way possible under a tight schedule. I really hope the writers do it, in fact I can see them likely doing it considering unlike Red, Green, and Blue who didn't have a lot to go on in the games for there return in the 6th generation, there's a lot of material for them to go on for the 7th generation. Also imagining Red and Yellow on a tropical vacation is just... I wonder what hilarity jokes will revolve around there.

Anyways my guess is it's going to follow closer to the USUM storyline, where they get to the top of the Altar only for Necrozma to pull a Giratina on all of them leading to... ULRAAAA SPAAAAACE through the help of Evil Nebby, the other Cosmog through a friendly Guzma who realizes his errors, I mean who else will create the wormholes after good Nebby gets taken over by Necrozma? It just makes so much sense! If Red and the crew do show up, I'm betting they'll be reduced to a minor role of helping the citizens stop the Ultra Beast and later visit the Battle Tree being offered as jobs at SM's ending through a quick glimpse due to Adventure's being pretty faithful to a lot of details while maintaining it's own liberties, on the way they rescue Lusamine based on the good SM storyline, not the generic USUM-storyline, and are off to defeat and befriend Necrozma with the help of Colress somehow, and Sun or Moon will get themselves an Ultra Beast Poipole, and we see Lillie making a farewell heading to Kanto while offering Nebby to Sun or Moon as there 6th and final team member, the better heartwarming ending from Sun and Moon. The only thing I can't see happening... is Team Rainbow Rocket. Unless the writers definitely want to go for an alternate plotline, they'll probably somehow merge it with the main story like they did with X and Y which wouldn't actually surprise me as the writers are very smart and clever of succeeding such a possible stretch, putting so much crazy detail in so short time without interfering with the main story. Other than that, I really can't see Rainbow Rocket done at all. Don't know about you guys but I feel the Sun and Moon arc is going to be around 5 to 8 volumes if they have no intention of doing Let's Go adaptations which I can be seen done in 2 to 3 volumes like the other remake arcs. What do you guys think? There already finished with 70% of Sun and Moon's story by Volume 3.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  4. e9310103838

e9310103838 Well-Known Member

Zygarde: Don't forget me... XD

We still need to know why Moon doesn't trust Pokemon a little (this seems to be related to Piplup) and her background. And we need Mew, Magearna, and Marshadow to appear.

About Let's Go PE, I am still waiting for the official to explain whether the rival is the grandson of Professor Oak.

5. Pokemon.Manga

Pokemon.Manga Member

Zeraora also needs to show up as well. I also think the Let's go protagonists could be disciples of Red, Blue, Green and Yellow if Red and Blue take over the battle tree in Alola. They can stay in Kanto in their stead.

6. lolipiece

If Sun and Moon has to end to make way for Gen VIII, then its magazine run will end with six volumes total.

7. shoz999

I feel like the other legendaries will be sort of last minute additions, similar to Diamond an Pearl, with backstories explained by characters. I can see Marshadow befriending Hau somehow and Magearna befriended by Colress, who favors man-made Pokemon. Mew is a curious Pokemon who can easily appear in a cameo in any of the Adventures arcs but other than that he's never really been caught or used by trainers, so I have no clue how his z move will work.

8. Gamzee Makara

Gamzee Makara Let people enjoy things...

Images aren't loading, just the bracket-IMG-bracket coding. Does that coding work on Firefox?

9. horrahforyou

horrahforyou Well-Known Member

try to open the page with Chrome as your browser. Mine is working just fine

10. Gamzee Makara

I have to right-click and hit "view image" individually on the. It's pretty annoying.

Why was Sun beaten up by a Crabominable? Who's was it(If Hala's, then it's character assassination at the hands of Adventures yet again)

11. e9310103838

It seems to just the wild Pokemon (Crabrawler and Crabominable) randomly rob of the mirage berry (?)

12. shoz999

There was one major plot point I forgot. How does Zygarde factor into all this? If it was my guess, he would be somehow related to the Tapu's and the Z-moves and he would see the Ultra Beasts as a threat to the ecosystem.

13. lolipiece

I use Firefox, and it works perfectly fine for me.

We can clearly see him being attacked by two Ultra Beasts in the first image, so why would he attack Sun?

Please wait until we get proper context for these images before spouting these outlandish claims, thank you.

If it's like the games, it's there to stop the Ultra Beasts.

Back when Sun and Moon first began, I was expecting the final battle to be Complete Zygarde vs Guzzlord, the "leader" of the Ultra Beasts. But with the current games, I'm guessing it'll be Complete Zygarde vs Ultra Necrozma.

14. Gamzee Makara

I didn't definitively claim it was Hala's. I just wondered if it was somebody's Crabominable, with me going to one of a few NPCs that own one(Hau and Kukui would be others) for a worried reference to PokéSpe's habit of character assassination. I was just speculatively worrying. Is that banned here?

Redstar45 likes this.
  15. Darthlord7

Darthlord7 Number 4 sucks

Whoa, that Kartana kinda looked like it was about to slit Nanu's throat O_O As expected, Anabel reveals that she's a Faller while Sun took quite a beating from that Crabominable. Hapu for the rescue and that was also a nice way to introduce the Machamp Pokeride lol

16. Redstar45

Redstar45 A champion of kind heart !

Things is Pokemon special manga and anime show have habit to doing just that and kusaka probably think that he shouldn't staying faithful to source material that much ......without making it look the canon to the Gameverses that Satoshi tajri did created himself.....that and he would like to doing his own thing with Pokemon lore for himself anyway .

17. e9310103838

Now we confirm that Anabel is a human from different dimension. Which space does she come from? She seems to be from a space where Ultra Beasts live? Does this mean that Ultra Recon Squad are also Fallers? But Anabel looks different (appearance) from them.... And is she the same person as previous Anabel? If she is, then when did she become a Faller? If not, what happened with the previous Anabel? o_O

18. shoz999

Not necessarily. She probably comes from a dimension inhabited by similar Ultra Beasts or contacted by those who know of the Ultra Beasts, like the Ultra Recon Squad who has the means to travel across wormholes. Each Ultra Beast come from separate dimensions as well, some apocalyptic (like Guzzlord) or some peaceful with many trainers (like Kartana). The reason why the Ultra Recon Squad have blue skin is due to the lack of sunlight from there dimension due to Necrozma, using Necrozma as a battery replacement creating artificial sunlight which probably causes different effects.

On a side note, I hope they explore Ultra Megalopolis more than USUM did! I really would like Pokemon Adventures to show GameFreak's vision for Ultra Megalopolis that the games couldn't like they did with other material that the games just couldn't capture, like Groudon and Kyogre's primordial chaotic lust for battle or Giratina showing it's violent nature during the Distortion world.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  19. lolipiece

They gave a lot of focus on that Crabominable. I smell a capture.

Pokemon is a multiverse, so there are an infinite number of different locations she could have come from. We skipped over the "Mega Evolution timeline" nonsense ORAS introduced, so I guess if they want to reference that, she could come from the non-Mega timeline and we've just been in the Mega dimension since the very beginning.

This, of course, brings in to question about where our other Anabel is. Do we have two? Maybe this is the same Anabel who fell into a wormhole, but then came back somehow?

20. e9310103838

And about why did Anabel become a Faller, I think it might be related to Hoopa (just guess). :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.