• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Alola, it's Pokespe SM time for July!

D_1YPN6U4AEr3nI.jpg

D_1YPN4UEAAUZIF.jpg

D_1YPOxU0AEh_vn.jpg

D_1YPQdUcAAR095.jpg

The identity of the Moon imposter is...exactly who we though it was. No surprise there.

Sun gets an evolution, the Captains and co. begin moving out.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Is Gladion going to give Faba what he deserves? Because I am waiting for this.

Moni_22

Well finally we get Incineroar. Seems like Gladion is there to stop Faba, he says "It's over". And Plumeria seems to be pissed at Moon because they came back safely but Guzma is nowhere to be found (as far as she knows that is). Hmm things seem to be coming to an end soon.

TotallyNotCrt

200px-Roseanne_Adventures.png

Prof. Rowan and what looks like Roseanne...
Mistook her for Platinum. Confirmation bias and getting teased by Yamamoto-sensei. Aghh.

---

Pokemon Adventures / Pokespe Sun and Moon Chapter 33 Summary:

(Pictures here)

The chapter starts off right after the previous chapter where Moon asks if Faba looked into her, even though he had no idea who she even was just six months ago.

Apparently, Moon was born into a prestigious family, and had an obsession that started with Poison-type Pokemon to delving into creating poison herself. She also obtained her PHD at the age of six and known to people as “Miss Poison.”

Faba goes on to to discuss her failings (probably to put himself in a light that he’s so much better than her aka conscending), but she asks him to stop and says that she knows her own path better than anyone and doesn’t need him to recite her past.

Yes, the other Moon is actually just Plumeria. Moon wondering whys he’s in those clothes, but the conversation goes nowhere when she pries further on why she’s helping Faba and she tells her to shut up, muttering why was it just her that came out of the sky. Moon realizes that Guzma’s never returned in these six months and asks Plumeria for confirmation, but she gets ignored…

Faba wants to bring despair to Lillie and Lusamine. He doesn’t want them to be happy and he wants to destroy hope. Moon asks why would he go that far to do such a thing and he basically says that he doesn’t expect a child to understand. (* might be a bit off)

Back on Mount Lanakila, Samson Oak surmises that if Zygarde came to Alola to protect the Light, then Necrozma obviously views Zygarde as an existence that interferes in its goal. Sun has his Pokemon battle Necrozma and En evolves into an Incineroar.

At the observatory, the Trial Captains and Kahuna board Soph’s and Mo’s airship. They proceed to get going but get hit by a horde of Ultra Beasts.

Dollar and Sun’s friendship never really blossomed nor did they get along. Dollar was motivated to get the Island back, and when that didn’t happen, it just lost all reason to do anything. Dollar never got over Sun’s Grandpa’s death. That’s why it never evolved (needs high friendship)

Sina and Dexio and the others make it to the elevator to take themselves down to get Lusamine to safety. But Dexio gets sniped. Misunderstandings intensify as Lillie sees someone resembling Moon from far away with a bow. Lillie begs for “Moon” to don’t do it.

Back at Aether Paradise, someone confronts Faba, both with no title and no *honorific* and wonders who it could possibly be. It’s revealed to be Gladion who just says that “it’s over.”

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I have a feeling Faba may have actually dig himself a bigger hole because he sent Plumeria to the group of friends who know about Guzma's whereabouts. If you think about it further, who else could he seek help to if he ever gets in trouble? Practically no one except maybe Ryuki. I'm kind of curious what's with Ryuki's role here because considering that Faba is not exactly a charismatic relatable individual like Giovanni or Lysandre, I take it he has some kind of dirt on Ryuki, taken a hostage (maybe one of his Pokemon?) or maybe that he has something that Ryuki wants, maybe a Gym or something dragon-related like knowledge on Ultra Necrozma?

ShadowForce720

You know is it just me or does this Chapter seem to be foreshadowing Sun's Alolan Meowth(aka "Dollar") evolving into a Alolan Persian, because if you look at it they highlighted the fact that the friendship between Sun and Dollar never blossomed and showed a silhouette of Alolan Persian behind Dollar, so I wonder if this is going to lead to basically Sun and Dollar wind up realizing that they have a stronger bond then they though which causes Dollar to evolve into Alolan Persian.

shoz999

You know is it just me or does this Chapter seem to be foreshadowing Sun's Alolan Meowth(aka "Dollar") evolving into a Alolan Persian, because if you look at it they highlighted the fact that the friendship between Sun and Dollar never blossomed and showed a silhouette of Alolan Persian behind Dollar, so I wonder if this is going to lead to basically Sun and Dollar wind up realizing that they have a stronger bond then they though which causes Dollar to evolve into Alolan Persian.
I don't mind if he evolves into Alolan Persian but I kind of prefer that Dollar/Cent stays as an Alolan Meowth.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The other two Alolan Meowth with Sun in the flashback are Peso and Cent (yeah, that won't be confusing in the English version).

Oh, Moon got a PHD at 6? Will that make people stop saying a cop at 12 is ridiculous even though one of the most recurring concepts of Pokemon is that children are better than adults in a lot of ways?

shoz999

On a side note, I re-read Pokemon Adventures Sun & Moon from the start to the most recent chapter and honestly, it feels like a really good Pokemon Adventures chapter. I think it has to do with reading the rounds as a nearly complete package as opposed to them individually, waiting one-by-one for them to be released. To be honset, it's kind of strange because I haven't felt like this with previous story arcs. Sun & Moon feels like they have so much character progression, Lillie & Gladion have an interesting sibling dynamic together, the Trial Captains, Kahuna's and other Elite Four Members feel like they have a lot of character progression as a group of supporting characters in much of the same way as Gym Leaders and the build-up to Necrozma is great. I do feel though that Lusamine needs a bit more character development and Hau feels too much of a supporting character that's part of a group rather than an individual like Hugh from BW2. So far, this is my 9th favorite Pokemon Adventures chapter and with how exciting the Necrozma plot could be wrapped up, it might even go past that.

Moni_22

I don't mind if he evolves into Alolan Persian but I kind of prefer that Dollar/Cent stays as an Alolan Meowth.
I wouldn't mind that, but I would kinda prefer if he evolves, to prove that Dollar has surpassed the grandpa's death and now he acknowledges Sun as his new owner.

So that's what the fake Moon was for. Still I don't see much point in that. What would Faba gain for confusing Lillie into thinking Moon attacked her? Just to hurt her feelings? Well, it's not like Faba's going to last much longer, he's not that powerful by himself.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
I wouldn't mind that, but I would kinda prefer if he evolves, to prove that Dollar has surpassed the grandpa's death and now he acknowledges Sun as his new owner.

So that's what the fake Moon was for. Still I don't see much point in that. What would Faba gain for confusing Lillie into thinking Moon attacked her? Just to hurt her feelings? Well, it's not like Faba's going to last much longer, he's not that powerful by himself.

Probably because if the family is still in disarray, he can keep taking advantage over Lusamine and keep himself high in the Aether ladder. The problem is we only have a few more months until SW/SH and the next saga. It's cramming a lot of stories into a single story and not all of them are sticking together.

Maxim

Beyond repair
God, I just can't describe how much I hate those unrealistic "child prodigy" stories. And this one is especially ridiculous.

How about Ryuki? They showed a glimpse of him in the previous chapter and now they're pretending that he isn't around at all?

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Will that make people stop saying a cop at 12 is ridiculous even though one of the most recurring concepts of Pokemon is that children are better than adults in a lot of ways?

"Hey kid, you can be anything you put your mind to. Stopping time and space from resembling a garbled VHS tape? You can do that. Prevent the destruction of all life on the planet? Piece of cake. Stopping PETA? Well, someone has to. Being a cop, a business owner, or a well-educated individual? Blasphemy!"

shoz999

I wonder what that could mean... Platinum's parents... looking shocked and worried over this little girl like that girl is their daughter... that girl who is Moon... the very same Moon who does look a lot like Platinum... and is from Sinnoh... and supposedly has strong ties to the Berlitz Family... I guess will never know until the next chapter!

Status
Not open for further replies.