• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii! - about art!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legally, Cascade is right legally. But I do arguee with Joe, why the hell don't you ask the other sites to take it down, Hmm?
I am not a Joe fan boy, but what he said is right. Although the fact is, its just a Pokemon card. Pokemon.

Man, what a **** hole the pokemon community is.
X
~Danny~

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
Because Serebii is probably the place Cascade goes the most. :/ And he knows that most people go there.

Vent's Theme

Pretty Dolls
In a genuine legal action, you're correct, it doesn't work like that, but this concerns, as the author himself said; just a game and, having passed this card around the community, and having it accepted as a genuine pokemon, it comes with the territory, so, attempting to get it taken off of the site is ridiculous and frankly, I see no reason for him to attempt to do so other than to wh0re even more attention, and cause problems.

What harm does the card's presence on the site do; none whatsoever.

What harm does having hundreds of brainless posters spam up the forums with cries of “I find new pokemonzlol11elevintyone.” do; plenty.

Man, what ***holes the pokemon community are.

This isn't directed at anyone in particular, but, quoted for truth, reading these forums makes me despair of the fandom as a whole.

Last edited:

Fiery Blaziken

Vent: People beliving in fake Pokes won't harm either. POKEMAN ON THE INTERNETS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!

Legally, Cascade is right legally. But I do arguee with Joe, why the hell don't you ask the other sites to take it down, Hmm?
I am not a Joe fan boy, but what he said is right. Although the fact is, its just a Pokemon card. Pokemon.

Man, what a **** hole the pokemon community is.
X
~Danny~

4 letter swearword ending in -hole. tf? o0; Edit: sh*thole lol.

So are you "agreeing" or "arguing" with Joe? Spellcheck plzkthxbai.

Last edited:

Vent's Theme

Pretty Dolls
Because Serebii is probably the place Cascade goes the most. :/ And he knows that most people go there.

So, just so we've got this all straightened out:

Cascade enjoys all of Serebii's hard work.

Cascade makes a fake which, in turn, fills Serebii's forums with spam.

Cascade then demands, after reaping the benefits of all the work Serebii does, and forcing him and or his moderators to deal with the idiots who believed in the fake, that Serebii take down the picture of the fake pokemon which he is using to save himself a great deal of hassle.

Ingratitude is fun, isn't it?

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
Ingratitude?

Pokemon is serious business, guys :/

And just because someone comes to the forums often doesn't mean they 'appreciate Serebii's hard work'. That is lol. There are a fair bunch of people who don't like Serebii himself at all, but they love the forums because they're WHOAMG ACTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!11114

agreeing, the one word I CAN never spell. =P
But yeah, the s word is what I meant. Swearing is so clever.

This isn't directed at anyone in particular, but, quoted for truth, reading these forums makes me despair of the fandom as a whole.
Quoted for truth.
X
~Danny~

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
So, just so we've got this all straightened out:

Cascade enjoys all of Serebii's hard work.

Cascade makes a fake which, in turn, fills Serebii's forums with spam.

Cascade then demands, after reaping the benefits of all the work Serebii does, and forcing him and or his moderators to deal with the idiots who believed in the fake, that Serebii take down the picture of the fake pokemon which he is using to save himself a great deal of hassle.

Ingratitude is fun, isn't it?
It shouldn't matter if he's "ungrateful for Serebii's hard work." It's Cascade's art, and he should be able to have it not showcased where he doesn't want it showcased.

Vent's Theme

Pretty Dolls
Ingratitude?

Pokemon is serious business, guys :/

And just because someone comes to the forums often doesn't mean they 'appreciate Serebii's hard work'. That is lol. There are a fair bunch of people who don't like Serebii himself at all, but they love the forums because they're WHOAMG ACTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!11114

Yes. Ingratitude.

I don't see how being grateful to the person, regardless of his personality, who sacrifices his free time to provide myself and others with up to date, accurate information about Pokemon is taking things overly seriously.

Call me old fashioned but I'd just call that common manners, something many people seem to be lacking nowadays.

It shouldn't matter if he's "ungrateful for Serebii's hard work." It's Cascade's art, and he should be able to have it not showcased where he doesn't want it showcased.

I repeat, if he didn't want his work to get plastered all over the fandom, then he should have told everyone that the cards were fake straight off. It's common sense; if you don't want to kill people you don't join the army, and if you don't want to be burgled you don't tell people that you're currently keeping the Mona Lisa in a five dollar safe.

Anyway, I'm done here.

Last edited:

Magma Leader Maxie

Non caedor caedo
It's common sense; if you don't want to kill people you don't join the army, and if you don't want to be burgled you don't tell people that you're currently keeping the Mona Lisa in a five dollar safe.

That does -not- apply to image theft. If I came round to your house and set it on fire, that would be your fault, for not stopping me? (if you don't want an SPPf forum member to set your house ablaze, don't let him get through your front gate) Your logic makes no sense, I suggest you don't post these ridiculous explanations any more, for your own good. Unless you wish to leave the impression that you're a moron.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
By publically passing it off as real and trying to fool people he loses all rights and responsibilities in my eyes.

Unless he's going to go through all the sites asking it to be removed then it stays as if it goes, people will start to again and continue to believe it as a real Pokemon and me having to sort that out will be many wasted man hours in which I could then counter sue for loss of earning income. If for example I have to do it instead of doing an assignment, I then consequently fail that assignment and fail my course and thus screw my career up, that'ld be a pretty hefty sum

Besides, you should be proud that your artwork has been displayed on a site that reaches over 120,000 each day, even though we destroyed your plot in doing so. Sounds to me that you're just bitter

Fiery Blaziken

By publically passing it off as real and trying to fool people he loses all rights and responsibilities in my eyes.

Unless he's going to go through all the sites asking it to be removed then it stays as if it goes, people will start to again and continue to believe it as a real Pokemon and me having to sort that out will be many wasted man hours in which I could then counter sue for loss of earning income. If for example I have to do it instead of doing an assignment, I then consequently fail that assignment and fail my course and thus screw my career up, that'ld be a pretty hefty sum

Besides, you should be proud that your artwork has been displayed on a site that reaches over 120,000 each day, even though we destroyed your plot in doing so. Sounds to me that you're just bitter

In your eyes? Apparently not in the copyright holder's eyes. :/

Yami Ryu

people who make fakes, and pose them as real, then complain that its on a fake page should be shot in the nads, imo.

do you see anyone else complain that their fake is on the page? no.

Yeah but either because they gave permission, or they don't know, or don't care :/ I wouldn't like it if my art was taken and used without my permission- hell I had someone mutilate two old splices of mine to make chaos. I didn't like it.

And 'just not posting art on the internet' won't keep it safe. I bet Cascade wanted to show off his skills to his friends- I don't see anyone *****ing when PK made the fake starter trio :/

I mean with how Joe puts it, if its' fine to use art without permission from an artist because oh it's fake, therefor it needs to be in the fake section, then all fake pkmn should be there- including the pokegods, and if someone ripped off from Joe's site, then it's his/her right because 'Oh I need the information'

:/ two wrongs /= a right. BUT TWO LEFTS DO. Or was it three.

Anyways I agree with Cascade, Joe could have asked first atleast :/

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
At first I didn't know who made it. I put it up there because it was made and people were believing it left right and center...it was detrimental to the community. Every other site had it posted as real, it had to be stopped and so it goes there

The other people who made fakes (numerous in amount) don't care...in fact they're happy their work is being shown

Grow up

DragonDance

thrasher
Yeah but either because they gave permission, or they don't know, or don't care :/ I wouldn't like it if my art was taken and used without my permission- hell I had someone mutilate two old splices of mine to make chaos. I didn't like it.

And 'just not posting art on the internet' won't keep it safe. I bet Cascade wanted to show off his skills to his friends- I don't see anyone *****ing when PK made the fake starter trio :/

I mean with how Joe puts it, if its' fine to use art without permission from an artist because oh it's fake, therefor it needs to be in the fake section, then all fake pkmn should be there- including the pokegods, and if someone ripped off from Joe's site, then it's his/her right because 'Oh I need the information'

:/ two wrongs /= a right. BUT TWO LEFTS DO. Or was it three.

Anyways I agree with Cascade, Joe could have asked first atleast :/
he still posed it as real, therefore should be shot in the nads.

Cipher 2008

He NEVER passed it off as real and he NEVER tried to fool ANYONE. YOU'RE trying to do what YOU think is right by trying to convince everyone that he has no rights or responsibilies, when that's a load of bull. He IS, and always WILL BE, the creator of that content, and there is nothing you can do that will change that, so it will ALWAYS be a violation of copyright.

Besides, Cascade never posted it in the first place! He created it, yes, BUT he never actually posted it. And don't come back at me by saying that doesn't make any difference because I KNOW that it DOES.

Status
Not open for further replies.