• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii! - about art!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
It is simple logic

Explain why Cascade isnt going round to all the other sites demanding it down then?

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Why I don't wanna be mean, it does sound like WPM would do that....not saying he did.

And, Serebii credited Cascade on the fake page, so what's the big deal?

Vent's Theme

Pretty Dolls
That does -not- apply to image theft. If I came round to your house and set it on fire, that would be your fault, for not stopping me? (if you don't want an SPPf forum member to set your house ablaze, don't let him get through your front gate) Your logic makes no sense, I suggest you don't post these ridiculous explanations any more, for your own good. Unless you wish to leave the impression that you're a moron.

Seems like I just can't resist this thread.

First up, lol for not only irony, but also that you think I care about what kind of impression I leave. Word to the wise, all those "hawt chixz0rs" you've left with good impressions are all forty year olds with food stuck to their beards.

Second up, Serebii didn't just come and steal Cascade's art, Cascade published it on the internet, and, if he didn't promote the pictures as genuine himself, he sure as hell didn't do anything to stop people from thinking that.

To borrow your analogy, he covered his house in gasoline and then handed some random stranger a match.

Cascade invited this upon himself.

Cipher 2008

Last edited:
Have you gone about to track down who orignally stole the thing then? That is where you start before going for the sites.

The whole fiasco is an invansion of copyright all round eally as Wizards don;t allow the modifcation of their cards and if they're then shown as a real of theirs, thats even more into the legal deep end.

First, sort the issue of the actual picture stealing When that's done you calmingly issue a statement to all website parties telling them the circumstances and that you wish to negoitate a way round the issue taking into account what the orignal stealer has done and add suggestions about what could be possible.

Going on all guns blazing, on a legal front does not help your case. Joe did not steal from the orignal creator, he picked up on something that was goind around that had no tags attached that was fooling people into thinking it was real. Like anybody he took the liberty to try and resolve the issue by pointing out it was NOT real.

THEN later this came about, the copyright infringement stand point from this is regarded differently, because of the circumstances.

Just FYI since a lot of people don;t seem to grasp basic laws.

Sandra

Kitsune

This Place is Death.
OK, I htink you're both flawed.

Cascade, I agree with Serebii. I want to hear YOU, not someone else, post and tell me why you're only requesting for it to be off of Serebii. I think you're just disappointed because you're scam is now public and ruined.

Serebii, it was created by him, and no matter your argument, he can request for you to remove it from the main site. I personally think it should be there, but he apparently doesn't agree.

Joe...Censor evasion...Wow. That took me by surprise >>

Fiery Blaziken

tsk tsk tsk Joe, censor evasion. The admin should set a good example. :<

And Cascade can do whatever he wants. He's the copyright holder.

Read my post, by invoking their own copyright on an act of severity and not civility, it screws THEM over for the copyright THEY have invaded before it even comes down to here.

There is also a lack of proof of this being the orignal image, without that, well all bark and no bite needless to say. Can't say anything at all regarding infringements without :) You have a very vague understanding of the law and this doesn;t concern you, it doesn;t concern anybody other than the ORIGNAL ARTIST the supposed THEIF and ALL AREAS WHERE THIS ART IS CURRENTLY STORED.

Sandra

Last edited:

Fangking Omega

Boulder Trainer
Indeed and only one site has "permission" and thats WPM's site.

The only reason hes here telling me to remove it is because WPM told him to

I personally think, Serebii, it's probably because you accused him of dodgy artmanship which is probably the last thing anyone should be accusing Cascade of. I've never seen anybody pull off such a realistic hoax, which IMO is not dodgy artmanship. He can be found out as a fake because of the full size original card which had errors on the blank, but that's because they wouldn't show up on the small scale of the photograph.

It was a real test of Cascade's skill to see if he could fool people with that.

Fake Pokémon are part of the fun of a new game coming out, IMO. Hoaxers always test their skill at this time of the cycle. Cascade's just happens to have been one of the best. It's completely harmless, and in the end all the people who were fooled can LOL at themselves afterwards. Let's face it, nobody's died here.

Some people overreact to the fakes. The threat of banning hoaxers is a little OTT. This is Pokémon for goodness sake!!! It's a video game.

Although, Joe, you give me credit where it's not due. I am not responsible in any way for the creation of Kiisanda/Kitthunder. I merely found the hoax to be fun (I was even fooled until Cascade told me!) and helped Cascade move it around. I was in on it, but not the creator ;)

Now assuming the role of a mediator, I believe that now it SHOULD stay on the site and be credited to Cascade. This will prevent unfortunate mishaps with n00b armies, and credit is given where credit is due. Also, perhaps to avoid apparent rudeness towards the artwork, the proof should be that the copyrights are old and there were inaccuracies on the card back. That way nobody is offended.

Only a technicallity, but in fact it was actually proven fake by my admission at the request of WPM before it got completely out of hand, as nobody would actually believe the reports that the Pokémon was fake and attempted to find things proving its realness. Obviously Cascade intended to own up to it, but as it got so out of hand, it had to be cut shorter than he hoped - no "plan" was spoilt.

Cheers
The Fangking

PS. On another note, this "War of the Webmasters" is ridiculous and pointless. Nobody should criticise the webmasters who do fantastic jobs on their sites, and who cares if a tiny bit of misinformation pops up? It happens. Joe, you're quick to accuse WPM of anything and everything from what I've seen. You guys ought to bury the hatchet before it turns into a full scale "IF YOU GO TO POKEBEACH YOU'RE BANNED FROM SPPF ROFLMAOLOL" business. I judge some of your comments towards Cascade to be somewhat obnoxious, but merely inspired by your dislike of WPM.

Cascade of the Sky

Cascade Gonpory!
It is simple logic

Explain why Cascade isnt going round to all the other sites demanding it down then?

im not going around to all these other sites, coz they never said my art was DODGEY! - you can keep the art there, PLEASE - just change the word DODGEY! - seriously.. it's not horrible art! it was very convincing!

Cipher 2008

I still can't believe he did that, actually...that was at Comic-Con, wasn't it? And why does he hate you so much anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.