• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Banner Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tochukaso

Me>U >_>
Congrats to everyone... but,

I'm just wondering, but did my not even placing have anything to do with the fact that I won last time?

And no offense, but it was kinda stupid to judge the contest with only two opinions. That isn't fair and is obviously biased.

This contest needs new management ASAP.

The contest should be ran by someone a little older, who actually has experience making banners.

Last edited:

Brandon-kun

lalalalalalalalalala
...Wtf

Someone doesn't know how to judge. :rolleyes:

No offense but I think K-os should've won. SS should've came in second, and then someone else should've came in third. I don't know how Magne's banner beat out SS's banner. Wtf is up with that?

We need a judge that knows how to actually make banner. ._.;

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
Gosh this is hilarious. People, if you don't like the results, instead of complaining about it, you should stop participating. Because if a contest without participants isn't going to be such a good contest. You guys aren't happy with the results? Fine, so the judges have poor tastes, they were bribed, or being just plain bias. But complaining about the results in a contest that you participated in and that you didn't win, don't you think that it makes you look bad? If you guys aren't happy with the results, don't participate in this contest. Admit it or not, contests like this are just to get attention, but if you don't participate, there's no attention and it will slowly die.

So whatever you guys want to do it's up to you, but no one is going to take over this contest unless blindskater says they can. You guys could always make a contest of your own.

blindskater; if I get anymore complaints about you, this contest is getting closed because it had poor rules and explanations in the first place.

Inazuma

Kyokudo <33
Wtf? I won?
I thought S_S was going to win -_-

You guys,if you aren't happy with the results,then don't participate.Just because you didn't like the resutls,doesn't mean you have to complain.
Just take it like a man,and deal with it.

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
If this contest closes, I'll probably restart it down the road
Seeing how it's going now, I don't think you'll be able to restart it. :/ Since you were one of judges this time and previously and people are complaining, you think people are going to participate in the contest you make?
Inazuma said:
You guys,if you aren't happy with the results,then don't participate.Just because you didn't like the resutls,doesn't mean you have to complain.
Just take it like a man,and deal with it.
Honestly, they're complaining about the judges and how they judged.

Take better care of your contest blindskater. SERIOUSLY.

OK, let me explain something. The reason why some of you think the results are off is because we had a hard time judging, loads of nice banners were entered this time. And the reason we didn't let Slicing Scizor win again, is because we wanted to give others a chance.
I've read your complains and still my opinion hasn't changed. I can't help to get a bit deffensive, but I've a lot of experience at making banners, and ofcourse some of you have a lot more, but if you want to judge yourself, you can always PM blindskater, instead of complaining a lot but not tell us WHY other banners should've won.

John's Knight

And the reason we didn't let Slicing Scizor win again, is because we wanted to give others a chance.

I'm only going to comment this part. I didn't see his banner and any others, so I don't know if he deserved to win or not, but that's not the point. If a person deserves to win, then he/she should win. It doesn't matter if that person won 100 contests before: you shouldn't care about "giving others a chance", because when all the good ones have won, the horrible banners will win, since they need a chance.

About new contests: I agree, and I don't think there should be a judge(s). The voting should be public, IMO.

John's Knight: You might be right, but still Slicing Scizor wasn't in my top three of the banners. So giving other peope a change wasn't the only thing why we didn't let him win.
You know, I totally agree with you, but a lot of young people visit this forum and I think it more important that some one else winns sometime and gets excited and starts making more banners than always letting the same person winn, who already knows he/she's really good at making banners.
It might sound unfair and if more people agree with you I will not be a judge in the next contest. Because I think it's important to let someone win who deserves it to win.

John's Knight

John's Knight: You might be right, but still Slicing Scizor wasn't in my top three of the banners. So giving other peope a change wasn't the only thing why we didn't let him win.
You know, I totally agree with you, but a lot of young people visit this forum and I think it more important that some one else winns sometime and gets excited and starts making more banners than always letting the same person winn, who already knows he/she's really good at making banners.
It might sound unfair and if more people agree with you I will not be a judge in the next contest. Because I think it's important to let someone win who deserves it to win.

That isn't completely right, because sometimes, not winning is more of a helper than victory itself. When someone doesn't win, that's a sign that it needs to work harder, that it can do better, and makes it work harder than before.
But since I don't want to start a war or something, I'll stop...

Inazuma

Kyokudo <33
Yeah,it's not fair that he didn't win,just bacause he won last time.
That's really gay.
He has talent,and should be recognized for it.

Azure Wolf

I also agree with Inazuma, SS's banner was a lot better and could have atleast gotten the 2nd or 3rd place if not the 1st, this is a contest, not a place of giving people chances, if they want to win, they must work harder and try to win without getting a chance. By the way, Blindskater is gone for 2 weeks so there must be somebody to host the next contest.

Jakotsu

Banned
eh, may i say something? >>;

if people are complaining about judges looking at things the wrong way, why parcipitate? it'll start up a war here and... there shouldn't be one. i think that the members in sppf should submit in a vote to a certain person and it'll be counted, it'll be kind of fair enough and people who are in the contest won't b*tch on the person who judge them. how can they bash on a person they don't know? they might as well shut the hell up. ;\

Yeah,it's not fair that he didn't win,just bacause he won last time.
That's really gay.
He has talent,and should be recognized for it.

life isn't fair. >>; well, that is true that he has talent and that he won the last contest, but some other members will get tired of entering the contest because one certain person always win first place. it's no longer fun for the parcipitants, and probably not fun for the winner. it's always good if there's a challenge. it's how i just veiw it. -shrugs- sorry if i want to say something.

if members voting which banner is good, why not let the mods vote...? i don't know, but i think is good to see what the others think about the people's work and see what they need to say, and if a person didn't won and they b*tch out... it's stupid. no need to rant and all that jazz because the votes came from the other members.

Jakotsu

Banned
not sure... but why avoiding my statement? is it bad? is it a bad idea?

Jakotsu

Banned
:3 i needed to know. sorry if i sounded like i was ****** with you. it gets annoying after a while people are whining about the results. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.