• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Banner Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
You know, after I made my announcement all you've people have been doing is repeating what I've said. Actually get something done, move on to the next contest, or this thing is going to get closed. Oh that's right, you guys can't because blindskater is gone for two weeks and didn't leave any explanation to this contest. Geez, the guy can barely judge and he doesn't take care of his own contest? If he said something to somebody about the contest, speak up please. :/

Virtual Chatot

Circa 2006
Seeing how it's going now, I don't think you'll be able to restart it. :/ Since you were one of judges this time and previously and people are complaining, you think people are going to participate in the contest you make?

Honestly, they're complaining about the judges and how they judged.

Take better care of your contest blindskater. SERIOUSLY.

My only job was to look through the list and pick the top 3 favorites...
When I picked, and I clicked "Send"
Serebiiforums suddenly went down and I couldn't get back on for a few hours...
When I got back on, they had already made a decision...
NOT MY FAULT

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
My only job was to look through the list and pick the top 3 favorites...
When I picked, and I clicked "Send"
Serebiiforums suddenly went down and I couldn't get back on for a few hours...
When I got back on, they had already made a decision...
NOT MY FAULT
Saying it to me isn't really going to do anything. I'm not one of the people who participated the contest and complained about the judging. Since now I know what blindskater had said, do whatever you guys want to the contest. I'll allow it. But don't blame me if you see fewer people participate.

Well, several posts back, we had a discussion about this. We suggested some things about judging and who should host this competition, because Blindskater isn't always making the right decisions, no offense blindskater. I suggested Slicing_Scizorto host the next/current banner contest, and also Umi, but can you handle two contests (avy + banner)? SS is on all the time, and he has experience in banners, so... yeah.

And about the judging. When the contest ends, and the judging begins, I suggest making a new thread with a poll, having links to all of the participant's banners, and then people could vote for who they want to win. I don't think having judges control it, I'd rather have more than just 3 people to do the judging... IMO of course.

Nagashi

Master Coordinator
Polling is really the only way to do this - however, to keep from biased voting, I think a rule should be made that every person who votes must also post a reason why they like said sig. Otherwise, things could get out of hand.

Virtual Chatot

Circa 2006
The problem was that he tried to end it to early...
Without asking the judges if they were ok with it or even if they were even on at the time...

Nagashi

Master Coordinator
^...Or we make a new thread to keep it organized. ._. And Judges would take away the whole point of public polls.

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
Well it's been nearly a month and there has been no contest here. Last time I checked, the title says "Serebii Banner Contest" yet there hasn't been a contest here in nearly a month. blindskater, (and blindskater ONLY) you have 10 days to make a contest here or this is getting unstickied and closed.

Well, I'm not blindskater or anything, but I'm just here to say that we're "in the middle of" judging. Apparently, blindskater's... gone? Since judging shouldn't take more than a week or so.

Oh. I just checked the 6th page, and I saw the results. Never mind! I don't see the point of having this thread here, since we have another one going on. Even though it's about to end.

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
Oh. I just checked the 6th page, and I saw the results. Never mind! I don't see the point of having this thread here, since we have another one going on. Even though it's about to end.
Uh huh. :/ And people wonder why this contest is getting so much bad criticism. A judge didn't even realize the previous contest ended and thought there was still "judging" to be done. blindskater has had that "gone for 2 weeks" thing in his sig for nearly a month. He's still got 8 days before I close this thread.

Turbo

Why don't we just make a new thread for every contest (If that's what we're even talking about, but it would be less confusing)?

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
Why don't we just make a new thread for every contest (If that's what we're even talking about, but it would be less confusing)?
If you've been paying attention to any contest, you'll find out that all contests have a separate thread. Unlike this one which started out with rules that weren't even clear. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.