• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii CCAT: Generation 6 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I am voting for:

Swords Dance Talonflame
Life Orb Greninja
Swords Dance Mega Lucario

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
Dragon dance Mega Charizard-X
Swords dance Mega Lucario
Swords dance Bisharp

EonDragonFTW

Life orb Greninja
Mega Kangaskhan
Dragon dance Mega Charizard X

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Dragon Dance Mega-Charizard X
Swords Dance Bisharp
Swords Dance Mega-Lucario

Pretty stale options, if I'm honest. Rooting for Bisharp, and I hope that the team eventually has some more interesting pokemon in it.

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
Jirachi @ Expert Belt
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 188 Spd / 252 SAtk / 68 HP
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot

Zard-X's main counters are physically bulky Pokemon that can either KO it, cripple it, or phaze it out. This Jirachi set hits Landorus-T, Gliscor, and Hippowdon hard, eliminating the main defensive threats from stopping Zard-X's sweep. HP Ice hits Lando (T), Gliscor, and Dragons, Psychic is STAB, Thunderbolt can hit bulky waters that might be troublesome, and Grass Knot hits Hippowdon and Ttar. The EV's outspeed SubStall Gliscor, and the extra ones are thrown into bulk. Really just a lure set to try to help eliminate Zard's counters, not much more to say. Playstyle - Bulky Offense/Offense

Last edited:

McDanger

Landorus Incarnate@Life Orb
modest
252sp attack/4sp def/252speed
-earth power
-sludge wave
-hidden power ice
-rock polish

Ment to act as a counter sweeper as Landorus scares away stuff that would check or revenge charizard x such as hiddowdon, gliscor, and scarfed garchomp as it should earthquake making it easy to set up rock polish, or create chances/break walls for charizard x that are annoying such as azumarill and rotom wash while pressuring aegislash, tho this set has some trouble with mandibuzz tho charizard X scares it off but needs to watch out for toxic, while keldeo is a dick, tho charizard x can pressure it easily. Overall a nice part of an offensive core with Charizard X.

Functioning as a

EonDragonFTW

Lure Jirachi

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
252 SpA/ 4SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden power Ice
- Thunderbolt
LO gengar is a personal favourite of mine, and it fits this team quite well. It's clear that Char X is not going to be able to let of a game ending Outrage with Fairy pokemon about, so Sludge Wave from LO Gengar helps alot. I chose LO due to the sheer amount of damage it accomplishes with it. The EV spread is fairly standard and is for outspeeding and KOing as many pokemon as possible. Timid because gengar May be able to win a speed tie with non Scarf Latios and (I think) KO. Sludge wave is for fairy pokemon, as stated above, shadow ball is STAB, along with Sludge Wave, HP Ice hits Garchomp and Salamance very hard, as well as Gliscor, Lando T and Hippo, Char X main counters harder than Jirachi does, and I chose Tbolt because gengar doesn't need Focus Miss anymore and T-bolt hits Skarm harder than Shadow ball does. This may not fit Rachi's Bulky Play style, but having the whole team bulky is a little bit overkill and you might as well have 1 fast special attacking pokemon.

Last edited:

epicdrill

I would like to suggest Skarmory.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Sturdy ability
252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpA
Impish nature
-Defog
-Stealth Rock
-Roost
-Whirlwind
This Skarmory set provides a much needed Ground resist, hazard support and hazard removal. Defog is hazard removal that Charizard needs that can't be blocked by anything bar the rare and extremely predictable Taunt. Stealth Rock is a way to inflict extra damage on switch-ins to Charizard and other members to this team, as well as combining well with Whirlwind for some extra damage. Roost is needed recovery. Whirlwind can be used to blow away setup sweepers and switch-ins while providing a ridiculously easy answer to Baton Pass teams. The EV spread allows you to avoid a 2HKO from Specs Latios, although I have found the SpD EVs very beneficial in survivability-much more so than Defense or Speed EVs were. Leftovers is an option to improve recovery, although I prefer Rocky Helmet for some extra damage (Genesect does not like this switching into a U-Turn).

Last edited:

Eaglehawk

Banned
Latias@Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SpAtt / 4 SpDef / 252 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Surf / Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Even though Fairies exist, Double Dragon Offense is still pretty strong, and Latias fills the niche of playing both an offensive and supportive role for this team. Hazards are a huge issue for this team so far (Charizard-X and Jirachi w/out Lefties get hurt pretty badly by Hazard-stacking), and Latias is one of the best hazard removers in the metagame right now. Latias functions as a second wall-breaker to Jirachi simply because of the raw power coming out of her set. Running Surf gives her a sturdy coverage option and Psyshock allows her to punch holes in Special walls like Blissey. The last move, Healing Wish, is a great move to return offensive momentum to your team (akin to Memento Latios), especially after it has done its main job (Defogging). In extremely drawn-out battles, Healing Wish basically gives you a free full-health Pokemon (targer usually Charizard).

Status
Not open for further replies.