• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii CCAT

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Yes, but it also OHKO's more of Volt-Turn's common pokes, granted it also gets KO's more quickly. Jirachi with Wish still helps with this a little, but it would require Virizion to switch-out and have to set-up again...

Scizor's U-turn will do about 70% (iirc), then it can be easily revenged by either a scarf landorus or scizor's bullet bunch. Landorus will pivot out to Scizor, and Rotom-W will burn it.

Ok, I tested this team out a little bit, and I have to say that BU Breloom worked out pretty well, mainly because Spore is just so useful for screwing over whatever. Maybe I just don't have good luck with SD Virizion, but I didn't have much success with it. I did, however, find CM Virizion do be pretty useful in that slot. Between Leftovers and Giga Drain, it can last a pretty long time. It also handles just about everything the SD set does, besides having a bit of a harder time getting past Blissey and Chansey. That said, I'm testing out the Life Orb for that 2HKO on Blissey and OHKO on CB Scizor with Focus Blast at +1, but it may not be necessary.

Utopian

faults & feats
Deo d @ e belt
timid
252 sp att | 252 speed | 4 def
-flamethrower
-ice beam
-psychic
-taunt/magic miror

GG

Yellow De Viridian Grove

Ok, I tested this team out a little bit, and I have to say that BU Breloom worked out pretty well, mainly because Spore is just so useful for screwing over whatever. Maybe I just don't have good luck with SD Virizion, but I didn't have much success with it. I did, however, find CM Virizion do be pretty useful in that slot. Between Leftovers and Giga Drain, it can last a pretty long time. It also handles just about everything the SD set does, besides having a bit of a harder time getting past Blissey and Chansey. That said, I'm testing out the Life Orb for that 2HKO on Blissey and OHKO on CB Scizor with Focus Blast at +1, but it may not be necessary.

I hate CMVirizion... Maybe it is just Focus Miss... I'd use Work Up>CM any day.... But, of course, that is just me and if it works, then it works... I think we just need to decide on something and stick with it until we get an RMT up. Otherwise, it will just be a back and forth on which is better...

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
I hate CMVirizion... Maybe it is just Focus Miss... I'd use Work Up>CM any day.... But, of course, that is just me and if it works, then it works... I think we just need to decide on something and stick with it until we get an RMT up. Otherwise, it will just be a back and forth on which is better...

Agreed. I think that most people have had the most success from BU Breloom. I'm all for keeping the team the way it is at the moment, and starting the RMT phase.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Well, Virizion has an overwhelming majority of the votes at the moment, so I think that I can call that it wins.

So, do we want to run Lum Berry, Leftovers, or Life Orb?

Last edited:

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I'm going with Work Up + Expert Belt like Jets.

Something like:

- Work Up
- Close Combat
- Giga Drain
- Hp Ice

Eaglehawk

Banned
Wait. It's been a long time since I last checked this thread, but did we actually replace the whole reason this team was built.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Wait. It's been a long time since I last checked this thread, but did we actually replace the whole reason this team was built.
Well, it was outclassed by other pokemon, hence why it left the team. You shouldn't restrict yourself to keep the original pokemon on your team, because it can hinder you.

Yellow De Viridian Grove

I'd rather use the Work-up set, but only if others want it. I haven't said this yet, because it takes at least 2 turns to really be deadly imo. But on the flip side, it beats Blissey, has recovery, and can run a LO while still hurting rain teams and with Giga Drain, it also has recovery. The only bad thing is the splitting of EV's when the offensive stats are already so low at base 90 each...

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
I'd rather use the Work-up set, but only if others want it. I haven't said this yet, because it takes at least 2 turns to really be deadly imo. But on the flip side, it beats Blissey, has recovery, and can run a LO while still hurting rain teams and with Giga Drain, it also has recovery. The only bad thing is the splitting of EV's when the offensive stats are already so low at base 90 each...
Well, personally I would prefer a Bulky Swords Dance or something, because we have Wish on Jirachi. It gives much more power, and the loss of recovery is redundant.

Eaglehawk

Banned
Well, it was outclassed by other pokemon, hence why it left the team. You shouldn't restrict yourself to keep the original pokemon on your team, because it can hinder you.

Eh, whatever, but the whole point of CCAT technically is for the whole community to work together to make a underrated threat or underrated playstyle viable through teamwork. Just look at Smogon's OU CCATs. They both were able to keep the underrated pokemon the team and still use it with success. Even the NU CCAT tries to build a stall team, which is really hard to do in the current metagame. RU had a team built around friggin' Meganium and still haven't given it up. And Megaium is outclassed by a lot of things for bulky Grass.

C'mon people. You can do better than this.

We select Pokemon that work well around our Pokemon and fit the team style and test it.

Note: Only the first Pokemon has to be an underrated threat; the rest can be anything that supports it.

Last edited:

Cosmic Potato

Sexy Trainer
Virizion (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge
LumSD virizion is the best it can do against stalll

Eh, whatever, but the whole point of CCAT technically is for the whole community to work together to make a underrated threat or underrated playstyle viable through teamwork. Just look at Smogon's OU CCATs. They both were able to keep the underrated pokemon the team and still use it with success. Even the NU CCAT tries to build a stall team, which is really hard to do in the current metagame. RU had a team built around friggin' Meganium and still haven't given it up. And Megaium is outclassed by a lot of things for bulky Grass.

Yeah but both of Smogon's CCAT's came out like crap. There's nothing wrong with changing the team around if it makes the team better.

If you want to show the world how great an underrated threat is go ladder Lost Heros.

Utopian

faults & feats
Who needs to KO blissey with focus miss when you can OHKO with close "Neva eva miss" combat!