• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii CCAT

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Serebii CCAT

Hello, and welcome to the Serebii CCAT (Community Create A Team) thread! As the name suggests, this thread is all about creating a team in a community, helping some of the less experienced players play with better teams, helping them get used to the metagame - but still teams that they have at least helped to create.

So, you may be wondering, how does this work? We go through several processes in creating the team, each one of them extremely important. Decisions are made through vote, helping the community create a team that they all like.

Processes in the CCAT
  1. Choose the first member of the team.
    This will be the pokemon that the team is based around. First, everyone posts a pokemon that they would like to see the team based around. Then, five of the most contributing members to Serebii will each decide which is their favorite. From these five, the community will vote on the pokemon that the team is based around.

2. Decide what playstyle the team will be.
    At this stage, we will have another vote. All of the playstyles in the current metagame will be listed, and we will decide which to use, depending on the pokemon we chose for the first process. Choosing a playstyle at this stage will help us mould the team well in later processes.

3. Choose, with careful deliberation, the rest of the team.
    Here, one by one, we choose the other 5 members of the team, according to the playstyle we chose. Sometimes we may pick two pokemon at once, if they synergise with each other. This process is by far the longest, as there is the most work to do.

4. Test the team, and put forward improvements.
    We will, at this stage, have a full team. We will all test it on PO, and then give our laddering peaks, to see how good the team is. Some of us may want to give improvements, which will then be voted yes, or no for. After we are all happy with the team, this process is over.

5. Make an RMT so that the Serebii community has easy access to the team.
    We will then write an RMT to show the team to the Serebii community, and so that everyone has easy access to it. This will be a role model RMT to help newer players to see how to make an RMT. When we are making the RMT, the thread will have constant updates so that everyone can see what it is like so far, and give help in making the RMT. In this process, help with xat may be used.

Team so far

640.gif

Virizion @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

485.gif

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

149.gif

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

121.gif

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump

385.gif

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Wish

386_d.gif

Deoxys-D @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 20 SAtk / 176 Spd
- Spikes
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Taunt

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power

Virizion @ Leftovers
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Starmie @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spd
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed

Deoxys-D @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 20 SAtk / 176 Spd
- Spikes
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Taunt

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Wish
Current Phase
At this moment, we are writing up the RMT. This is hard to do as a community, so we can't do it as we would perhaps like to. But, to make sure that everyone's views get included in the writing, we will ask you some questions about the team. We will use the results of this survey to write information about the individual team members, and the overview of the team.
Code:
[I][B]Overview Questions[/B][/I]
[B]What sort of team do you think it is? Do you enjoy playing with it?[/B]

[B]How high did you ladder with it?[/B]

[B]How solid do you feel the team is?[/B]

[B]Did you enjoy going through the CCAT process?[/B]

[B][I]Pokemon Questions[/I][/B] - Please answer these questions for each pokemon
[B]What do you feel this pokemon adds to the team?[/B]

[B]What do you feel the item does?[/B]

[B]What do you feel the EV spread achieves?[/B]

[B]What does the specific moveset do?[/B]
Obviously, this is a very extensive list of questions, that you might be unwilling to go through. If you try and do the Overview Questions, and one or two of the Pokemon Questions, that would be enough to help a lot. It would be appreciated if you did all of them though, but we recommend you do them over a period of time. The RMT phase will be open for a while, so you should be able to get them all done while only doing one a day.

None, as of yet.

Thankyou, I look forward to you efforts in contributing to the CCAT!​

Last edited:

Cometk

west side
Virizion @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 180 Def / 84 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

• Excellent typing and great defenses on both spectrums make it very hard to take down
  • Very capable of taking most rain teams' constant barrage of Water-type attacks
  • Beats out Scizor, who is the most common check to Virizion. Takes under 50% damage from Choice Band U-Turn and can continue to set up Calm Minds
  • Versatile Pokémon that can take hits and force switches / bait out enemy Pokémon or finish a match with a quick sweep
  • Works well with multiple entry hazards as it gives the switch advantage against most of the Pokémon it counters
  • 84 Speed EVs with Timid allows Virizion to hit 300, which is enough to outspeed neutral-natured base-100 Pokémon such as Salamence and Jirachi
  • Susceptible to Spikes and Toxic Spikes
  • Has trouble dealing with status-inflicting moves
  • Virtually worthless when facing Sun-based teams

Last edited:

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
[Seviper] @ [Choice Specs]
Trait: [Shed Skin]
EVs: [4HP/252SpAtk/252Spd]
[Timid]
-Sludge Bomb
-Giga Drain
-Switcheroo
-Dark Pulse

When is Seviper actually used? Not often. I say that we make a team based around this guy. Let's show some players that even NU Pokemon can be used competitively!

Salamander94

dragonslayer
Which tier are we aiming for exactly? Or is everything fair game?

OT:

Staraptor @ Choice Band
Trait: Reckless
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Quick Attack

Quite an effective lead. People don't seem to keep a lot of Flying resists on their team so an outright brave bird is sure to net you a KO at the beginning of the match. Maybe a team whose aim is to follow up on the advantage of one of the opponent's counters taken out so early? On the other hand, Staraptor is able to beat all weather starters except Hippodown if I don't miss my guess, so perhaps an anti weather team? Damn I'm not good at this...

abrar14

Statter Master
We should be doin a different tier each time. Like when BW OU is finished we could do ubers etc.

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 76 SAtk / 184 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Recover
- Substitute

As the divine creator of the Pokémon universe grasps the forbidden power of the Dread Plate with His one thousand hands, the brilliant holy light that once radiantly shone upon the Earth from the Original One's body is instantaneously replaced by a wicked aura which strikes and instills fear upon all of His creation. As Arceus now assumes the Forme of Darkness itself, He amplifies the energy He embodies with power drawn directly from His very own omniscient mind, before proceeding to pass unholy Judgment upon His foes, vanquishing each and every one of them in a blast of all-consuming darkness that blocks out even the light of the heavens themselves.

Zachmac

CCAT, huh? I've always been more of a DDOG person. Jokes aside, I think this looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait to see the final result.

380.gif

Latias @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Speed
Timid
-Dragon Pulse
-Substitute
-Calm Mind
-Recover

Okay, so the typical calm mind Latias, except with Substitute over hidden power fire. But now, it's completely wall by steel types. However, in many situations, Substitute could be more helpful then hidden power could ever be. First, Substitute blocks all status. This means any Ferrothorn lacking Gyro Ball is just set up bait, and same goes for any Heatran lacking the rare choice specs. It helps block random crits as well, which is great, since crits ignore any boost from calm mind. This also takes away risk from trying to get an extra boost or two. Finally, it blocks pursuit, so if your enemy sends in a Tyranitar, you can swap out without taking any damage.

With base 130 defense and 110 speed along with recover, setting up calm minds isn't a problem. I've even set up on Ice Beam and HP Ice with the set before, and even got to +6! As for her Dragon STAB, it's only resisted by steel types. While she doesn't have that coverage herself, it's easily handled by another pokemon, such as Infernape. She works great against weather as well. She can take the boosted fire and water moves from sun and rain, along with solar beam and thunder. Sure, Ice Beam will be common in rain as well, but as I've said before, thanks to her high speed, special defense, and recover, she can just shrug it off.​

Last edited:

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Guys, BW OU for Round 1. We might do other tiers at other points.

It would be good if we came up with something slightly unusual, but a good team is all we're aiming for at the moment.

Shaymin @ Leftovers
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SAtk / 180 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rest

shaymin is pretty good in this metagame. mainly because it has the ability to take a **** on the standard volt turn teams. unlike celebi, it's not pursuit weak, and only has a 1x weakness to u-turn, making it much harder for landorus and similar mons to take it out. if we assume the standard volt switch team as tyranitar / rotom / scizor / landorus / celebi / terrakion or something similar, it's easy to see that shaymin fares quite well. shaymin also does well against rain teams. politoed ferrothorn tentacruel gliscor jirachi all struggle against shaymin. interesting mon to say the least.

Cosmic Potato

Sexy Trainer
I swear to god like 2 days ago I told BH I was going to post this...
whatever
tumblr_lnwdqrLvzC1qekruyo1_400.png

Feraligatr (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance

Feraligatr uis obviously a pretty unusual choice for the BW OU metagame, but he still maintains a niche. Feraligatr has access to a movepool and ability that leave him as oneof the best rain sweepers available. Swords dance is the most important move on this set and increases his power. In the rain, his aqua jet hits almost as hard as choice banded scizor's bullet punch. With torrent activated it hits much harder. Superpower is feraligatr's second attack, and is key for ferrothorn, gastrodon and others. Ice punch hit sgrass and dragon types hard. The EVs are a bit strange but Gatr has very good bulk even with no defense or specizl defense investment and can take lots of hits.
Calcs- factor in torrent, life orb, swords dance boost and rain (credit to Smogon)

Aqua Jet vs 36/0 Haxorus 65% - 76%
Aqua Jet vs 192/64 Reuniclus 101% - 120%
Aqua Jet vs 4/0 Rotom-W 70% - 83%
Aqua Jet vs 252/0 Scizor 105% - 123%
Aqua Jet vs 252/0 Skarmory 81% - 96%
Aqua Jet vs 4/0 Virizion 73% - 85%
Ice Punch vs 252/0 Multiscale Dragonite 114% - 134%
Ice Punch vs 252/252+ Tangrowth 61% - 72%
Ice Punch vs 244/12 Toxicroak 76% - 90%
Superpower vs 252/252+ Eviolite Chansey 121% - 142%
Superpower vs 252/88+ Ferrothorn 122% - 144%
Superpower vs 252/0 Gastrodon 103% - 122%

Last edited:

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I'd suggest this pokemon:

Chandelure @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
{Flash Fire}
-Substitute
-Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-HP Fighting

-Works in a similar manner to SubDreigon
-Hits hard with the most powerful (Life Orb) Timid Fire Blast outside of Ubers
-Can 2HKO Politoed and Dragonite (after SR) with Shadow Ball and outspeeds with given EVs
-Sets up on many pokemon, and eliminates some common threats, nailing a 2HKO often with HP Fighting on 252/76 Tyranitar
-Loves Sun and Paralysis support to an extent
-Slow Speed means many faster things can revenge it
-Hates Chansey/Blissey and any Water Type, especially in the rain

ROBO PIKA Tek 2

Kid with Pantz
CCAT, huh? I've always been a DDOG person. Jokes aside, I think this looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait to see the final result.

WIN.

Anyway, Hail is underrated and is probably my favorite playstyle even though its been said to be one of the worst. Then I saw Delko's Christmas RMT and I know its possible.

Abomasnow @ Leftovers
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 120 HP, 232 Atk, 156 Def
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
-Leech Seed
-Protect
-Ice Shard
-Seed Bomb

Leech Seed- This can slowly ware down your opponent and can bring it down if its one-on-one.
Protect- Scout a move, ware others down with Hail, or get a free Leech Seed.
Ice Shard- Priority is something he needs with that awful speed of his or we could screw this set and use a mixed Scarf set.
Seed Bomb- Nice STAB, but maybe Wood Hammer is better.

Why this Pokemon- Well if we're going for a Hail team then Abomasnow is best unless you want to actually use hail. The ProSeed set works tremendously well as residual damage packs onto the opponent quickly and gaining much HP is awesome as well. ProSeed can become Pro-SubSeed if Seed Bomb is left behind to work out even more damage. The EVs print out as a bulky attacker of sorts.

Partners: Kyurem, Chandelure, etc.​

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
i'd like to see Dragonite in it. and Jirachi is an excellent partner for it. D-nite could run either a Bulky DD set, or a straight up offensive set because with Multiscale, it's near guaranteed to get a chance to set up. Jirachi is able to Paraflinch easily with Serene Grace, and it's Wish helps to restore D-nite to Multiscale status.

Last edited:

Usatoday

Eternal God
Isn't this just the lost heroes challenge version 2.0 anyways i think i'll go down one more tier than you all

Piplup @ Choice Specs
Nature Modest
Ability Torrent
Evs 252 sp atk 252 spd 4 hp
hydro pump
ice beam
grass knot
hp electric
I have legitly swept with this thing in my tailwind rain team hydro for stab ice beam for dragons grass knot for gastro and hp electric for gyrados

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
no this is not lost heros at all.... Together we as a community are going to create a team.

Klaus™

Banned
omg, this thread is a pretty neat idea, nice job!

personally, i've always wanted to make a team based around armaldo in the sandstorm.

armaldo @leftovers
-battle armor-
careful
252 hp/ 4 defense/ 252 SpD
rapid spin
knock off
x-scissor
stealth rock/rock slide

can make a great sponge in sand. i believe in the sand its SpD, maxed, is 566? 283 x 2? plus, provides a neat support role in spinning and knocking items off. x-scissor would probably be main STAB, with rock slide being able to be used in place of rocks if rocks is available.

some team members: tyranitar/hippowden, gastrodon for water weakness and rock/steel resists, spikes layer, phazer

weaknesses:
¤ water, rock, and steel weakness. patched up by gastrodon
¤ stealth rock weakness

Last edited:
Tentacruel @ Life Orb
Timid
Rain Dish
252 Speed / 252 Special Attack / 4 HP

Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin
Giga Drain / Toxic Spikes

Life Orb Tentacruel is a pretty underrated offensive tank in Rain. Unlike Starmie it's not Pursuit or Bug weak so it handles Scizor and Tyranitar a lot better. Also unlike Starmie it keeps Toxic Spikes off the field, survives Special hits and even heals itself in Rain (making the net Life Orb life loss only 3.75%). It's very fast too. While not as fast as Starmie it still outruns some important Pokes like Lucario, Hydreigon, Haxorus and Mamoswine while OHKOing them all (well ok not Hydreigon but you get close). Unlike other offensive Rain tanks like Jirachi Tentacruel has added utility in Rapid Spin. The last slot is mainly for whatever the team needs most. Giga Drain 2HKOs Rotom W, Gastrodon and offensive Politoed but Toxic Spikes adds to it's utility.

Tentacruel can run Liquid Ooze too if the team doesn't run Rain as Liquid Ooze lets it easily beat Conkledurr, Virizion and some Venusaur.

Utopian

faults & feats
Tentacruel @ Life Orb
Timid
Rain Dish
252 Speed / 252 Special Attack / 4 HP

Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin
Giga Drain / Toxic Spikes

Life Orb Tentacruel is a pretty underrated offensive tank in Rain. Unlike Starmie it's not Pursuit or Bug weak so it handles Scizor and Tyranitar a lot better. Also unlike Starmie it keeps Toxic Spikes off the field, survives Special hits and even heals itself in Rain (making the net Life Orb life loss only 3.75%). It's very fast too. While not as fast as Starmie it still outruns some important Pokes like Lucario, Hydreigon, Haxorus and Mamoswine while OHKOing them all (well ok not Hydreigon but you get close). Unlike other offensive Rain tanks like Jirachi Tentacruel has added utility in Rapid Spin. The last slot is mainly for whatever the team needs most. Giga Drain 2HKOs Rotom W, Gastrodon and offensive Politoed but Toxic Spikes adds to it's utility.

Tentacruel can run Liquid Ooze too if the team doesn't run Rain as Liquid Ooze lets it easily beat Conkledurr, Virizion and some Venusaur.

dont take my set (d)