• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii CCAT

I haven't actually tried Virizion yet but BU Breloom was the MVP when I played. You just have to not throw it around like a set-up and sweep in one turn kind of poke. I'm neutral though. Virizion is a fun Pokemon too.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
OK, I'm going to open up the vote again. We need this to be more active, guys!

Anyway, please vote for Swords Dance Virizion or Bulk Up Breloom please.

If we don't get more activity soon, I might move this to the RMT stage.

EDIT: Congratulations to the people who have posted often in this thread! We have reached more views than the Lost Heroes Thread, making us the third biggest thread in RMT!

Last edited:
I vote Virizion.

though Breloom means that something can be put to sleep...

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
I am throwing the vote for Bulk Up Breloom - I have had more success with it rather than Virizon and I feel Breloom fits better into the team with its bulk and healing ability.

Jerp

Lurker...
I know my word here means nothing, as I'm currently a beginner trainer, and since I don't play on Pokemon Online's server, I cant say that much w/ credibility. What I can say is that I peaked at 34 on Smogon's server in OU. So here's a question for all of you:

Why are you trying to make either Virizion or Breloom your setup sweeper? You already have one of the bulkiest possible sweepers in the game: Dragonite. If you ask me, Breloom should be changed, but not in that way. I'd suggest this for Dragonite:

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch

This allows it to set up w/ DD and sweep. It's free from damage for one turn due to multiscale, and the lum berry keeps it from being statused.

Also, I noticed that since you already had multiscale on dragonite, your in DW tier. If so, here's another set for Breloom:

Breloom (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
Hardy Nature
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch

I've tested that out extensively, and I've had lots of success with it. STAB Mach Punch boosted by technician is deadly to terrakion, who your team seems to struggle with.

My apologies if I'm violating any rule in this post, but I'm new here, and hopefully you'll take my consideration seriously.

Yellow De Viridian Grove

I know my word here means nothing, as I'm currently a beginner trainer, and since I don't play on Pokemon Online's server, I cant say that much w/ credibility. What I can say is that I peaked at 34 on Smogon's server in OU. So here's a question for all of you:

Why are you trying to make either Virizion or Breloom your setup sweeper? You already have one of the bulkiest possible sweepers in the game: Dragonite. If you ask me, Breloom should be changed, but not in that way. I'd suggest this for Dragonite:

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch

This allows it to set up w/ DD and sweep. It's free from damage for one turn due to multiscale, and the lum berry keeps it from being statused.
We have already decided on a Dnite set...
Also, I noticed that since you already had multiscale on dragonite, your in DW tier. If so, here's another set for Breloom:

Breloom (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
Hardy Nature
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch

I've tested that out extensively, and I've had lots of success with it. STAB Mach Punch boosted by technician is deadly to terrakion, who your team seems to struggle with.

My apologies if I'm violating any rule in this post, but I'm new here, and hopefully you'll take my consideration seriously.
DW Dnite has been release for a while. We are in Standard OU, so Techiloom cannot be used without putting us into DW

Sorry, but you are wrong.

Sevans

Battle Subway Boss
Hi I'm just seeing this thread and it looks like a good idea.

I'd would prefer Virizion > Breloom

The team needs more speed than it has IMO.

also...
Bulk Up breloom can only sweep a team where nothing with a ~neutral~ STAB special attack outspeeds it. Sounds like a long qualifier, but it's very common. After all, base 100+ definitely outspeeds, and you have stuff like
chandelure, lati@s, alakazam, starmie, Gengar, Espeon, Frosslass, Infernape, Celebi, Jirachi, Volcarona,
and others
that will just come in and OHKO.

I can't mentally think of breloom as a sweeper unless it has substitute to block stuff for a turn.

Ttar's stone edge

League Legend
Yeah, i agree with Sevans. Sub breloom is amazing, and it doesn't have to be focus punch + seed bomb, but it can be looked into. That, or CM Virizion. Work up just doesn't cut it, and i personally haven't found a lot of success with SD virizion, as it doesn't have the bulk to successfully pull it off all the time.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Hi I'm just seeing this thread and it looks like a good idea.

I'd would prefer Virizion > Breloom

The team needs more speed than it has IMO.

also...
Bulk Up breloom can only sweep a team where nothing with a ~neutral~ STAB special attack outspeeds it. Sounds like a long qualifier, but it's very common. After all, base 100+ definitely outspeeds, and you have stuff like
chandelure, lati@s, alakazam, starmie, Gengar, Espeon, Frosslass, Infernape, Celebi, Jirachi, Volcarona,
and others
that will just come in and OHKO.

I can't mentally think of breloom as a sweeper unless it has substitute to block stuff for a turn.
If pokemon are bad just because they can't take hits from one side of the spectrum, then why is Heatran OU? Every physical attacker in OU can hit is for super-effective damage and just about always OHKOes it. Heatran, and Breloom, patch up holes in teams and can completely decimate the opponent once their counters are down. Breloom's job on this specific team is to put pressure on Landorus (once Loom has set up a couple of BUs), and to shred Rain teams without Tornadus and Starmie, being a good swithc-in for both of them.

Of course, it may be true that Virizion is better for the team, in which case we should use that.

Sevans

Battle Subway Boss
If pokemon are bad just because they can't take hits from one side of the spectrum, then why is Heatran OU? Every physical attacker in OU can hit is for super-effective damage and just about always OHKOes it. Heatran, and Breloom, patch up holes in teams and can completely decimate the opponent once their counters are down. Breloom's job on this specific team is to put pressure on Landorus (once Loom has set up a couple of BUs), and to shred Rain teams without Tornadus and Starmie, being a good swithc-in for both of them.

Of course, it may be true that Virizion is better for the team, in which case we should use that.

I am in no way trying to say or imply that Breloom is a bad pokémon.
Just that a BU set makes a bad ~sweeping~ set.
Heatran is in the spot he's in because teams don't usually try to setup and sweep with him, and he has flame charge for those who do

Breloom is easily outsped and KOd. Plus, don't you think that a rain team would have multiple special attackers that could just ice beam breloom?

Even if breloom does well after its counters are down, it's very difficult to get to this stage, because most teams have at least 2 or 3 things that can easily dispatch of breloom lacking substitute.

(Also, Am I allowed to suggest another pokémon in one of the spots, or have they already all been decided? (don't want to suggest a poké if I'm not supposed to...))

Sietse23

*Brainfarts*
I vote for Leech seed Breloom derp.
My vote goes to Virizion as I tested it and Virizion fitted better in the team.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
I am in no way trying to say or imply that Breloom is a bad pokémon.
Just that a BU set makes a bad ~sweeping~ set.
Heatran is in the spot he's in because teams don't usually try to setup and sweep with him, and he has flame charge for those who do

Breloom is easily outsped and KOd. Plus, don't you think that a rain team would have multiple special attackers that could just ice beam breloom?

Even if breloom does well after its counters are down, it's very difficult to get to this stage, because most teams have at least 2 or 3 things that can easily dispatch of breloom lacking substitute.

(Also, Am I allowed to suggest another pokémon in one of the spots, or have they already all been decided? (don't want to suggest a poké if I'm not supposed to...))

Of course, we are in the improvements stage of the team.

BU Breloom is widely regarded as the best Breloom set. It's not a sweeper though, and will not sweep through teams. Most teams have less special attackers than physical, and quite a few of the special attacker lose to it too (Rotom-W especially, on volt-turn teams). Normal Breloom simply doesn't have the tanking abilities to break through volt-turn, as volt-turn will repeatedly break its subs and revenge it. Virizion, although alright at countering volt-turn, can't OHKO Landorus with +2 Leaf Blade, which I am slightly worried about. If the general community wants Virizion though, it's what they want.

Heatran is easily outsped and KOed. Why is it one of the most use pokemon in OU?

Yellow De Viridian Grove

Of course, we are in the improvements stage of the team.

BU Breloom is widely regarded as the best Breloom set. It's not a sweeper though, and will not sweep through teams. Most teams have less special attackers than physical, and quite a few of the special attacker lose to it too (Rotom-W especially, on volt-turn teams). Normal Breloom simply doesn't have the tanking abilities to break through volt-turn, as volt-turn will repeatedly break its subs and revenge it. Virizion, although alright at countering volt-turn, can't OHKO Landorus with +2 Leaf Blade, which I am slightly worried about. If the general community wants Virizion though, it's what they want.

Detailed Result: 252 +2 Atk Life Orb Virizion Leaf Blade vs 4 HP/0 Def Landorus: 101.56% - 120% Guaranteed OHKO <--- I used Life Orb though, which, imo, is a better item.
Detailed Result: 0 SpAtk Life Orb Virizion Hidden Power Ice vs 4 HP/0 SpDef Landorus (-SpDef) : 101.25% - 120% Guaranteed OHKO <--- Unboosted HP[Ice] OHKO's if they run Naive nature.

Life Orb seems to be batter as it handles Volt-Turn better, or at least Landorus better. It also needs the Life Orb for a +2 CC to OHKO Scizor.

Heatran is easily outsped and KOed. Why is it one of the most use pokemon in OU?

With a Life Orb, Virizion handles Volt-Turn quite well. The only thing is, without Leftovers, Virizion doesn't have any recovery and repeated attacks/switch-ins from rain teams can be a hassle.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
With a Life Orb, Virizion handles Volt-Turn quite well. The only thing is, without Leftovers, Virizion doesn't have any recovery and repeated attacks/switch-ins from rain teams can be a hassle.
Oh, I didn't run LO, which might explain it.

I doubt that Virizion will get many more set up opportunities where Breloom can't, but if the community wants a faster pokemon then it's what the community gets, I can't make any overriding decisions.

Either would be equally as good for the team, I personally just found more success with BU Breloom.

With Life Orb Virizion is worn down and destroyed by Volt Turn.