• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii CCAT2

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
Serebii CCAT2
shamelessly copied from CCAT1

Hello, and welcome to the Serebii CCAT (Community Create A Team) thread! As the name suggests, this thread is all about creating a team in a community, helping some of the less experienced players play with better teams, helping them get used to the metagame - but still teams that they have at least helped to create.

So, you may be wondering, how does this work? We go through several processes in creating the team, each one of them extremely important. Decisions are made through vote, helping the community create a team that they all like.

Processes in the CCAT

Choose the first member of the team.

This will be the pokemon that the team is based around. First, everyone posts a pokemon that they would like to see the team based around. Then, five of the most contributing members to Serebii will each decide which is their favorite. From these five, the community will vote on the pokemon that the team is based around.

Decide what playstyle the team will be.

At this stage, we will have another vote. All of the playstyles in the current metagame will be listed, and we will decide which to use, depending on the pokemon we chose for the first process. Choosing a playstyle at this stage will help us mould the team well in later processes.

Choose, with careful deliberation, the rest of the team.

Here, one by one, we choose the other 5 members of the team, according to the playstyle we chose. Sometimes we may pick two pokemon at once, if they synergise with each other. This process is by far the longest, as there is the most work to do.

Test the team, and put forward improvements.

We will, at this stage, have a full team. We will all test it on PO, and then give our laddering peaks, to see how good the team is. Some of us may want to give improvements, which will then be voted yes, or no for. After we are all happy with the team, this process is over.

Make an RMT -

so that the Serebii community has easy access to the team.
We will then write an RMT to show the team to the Serebii community, and so that everyone has easy access to it. This will be a role model RMT to help newer players to see how to make an RMT. When we are making the RMT, the thread will have constant updates so that everyone can see what it is like so far, and give help in making the RMT. In this process, help with xat may be used.

Choose tier of next CCAT
Nominate and choose a tier to make a CCAT for.

Choose leader of next CCAT
The leader of the next CCAT will be nominated and chosen, based off of knowledge of the selected tier and activity and usefulness in this thread. Leaders of one CCAT can not lead the next one, but they could lead more later on.

Team so far:

Playstyle: Offense

683.png

Landorus-T (M) @ Life Orb / Lum Berry
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

503.png

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 228 HP / 56 SAtk / 224 Spd
Modest Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power Ice
- Trick

669.png

Terrakion@ Focus Sash
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rocks
- Taunt / Swords Dance

sprite.php

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]

248.png

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 104 Spd / 152 HP
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower/Fire Punch/Ice Punch

212.png

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 244 HP / 12 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Quick Attack/Pursuit

Current Phase:
Nominating third
HTML:
Pokemon Questions - Please answer these questions for each pokemon
What do you feel this pokemon adds to the team?

What do you feel the item does?

What do you feel the EV spread achieves?

What does the specific moveset do?
Obviously, this is a very extensive list of questions, that you might be unwilling to go through. If you try and do the Overview Questions, and one or two of the Pokemon Questions, that would be enough to help a lot. It would be appreciated if you did all of them though, but we recommend you do them over a period of time. The RMT phase will be open for a while, so you should be able to get them all done while only doing one a day.

Obviously, this is a very extensive list of questions, that you might be unwilling to go through. If you try and do the Overview Questions, and one or two of the Pokemon Questions, that would be enough to help a lot. It would be appreciated if you did all of them though, but we recommend you do them over a period of time. The RMT phase will be open for a while, so you should be able to get them all done while only doing one a day.

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power

Virizion @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spd
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed

Deoxys-D @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 20 SAtk / 176 Spd
- Spikes
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Taunt

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Wish

Last edited:

Usatoday

Eternal God
Serebii CCAT #2 RU
pineco.png

Pineco @ Berry Juice
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SDef
Hardy Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Spikes
-Pain Split
-Toxic / Rapid Spin

druddigon.png

Druddigon (M) @ Leftovers/ Life Orb
Trait: Mold Breaker/ Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake/Rock Slide
- Outrage
- Fire Punch

597.png

Archeops@Flying Gem
EVS: 252 Atk; 252 Spd; 4 SpA
Trait: Defeatist
Nature: Naive
- Acrobatics
- Earth Power
- U-Turn
- Roost/Stone Edge

141.png

Kabutops @ Lum Berry / Rock Gem
Trait: Weak Armor
Nature: Adamant (+ Att, - SpA)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin

Spr_4d_479.png

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
EVS: 252 Satk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Last edited:

silverangel

Metal Fairy
I propose that we should base the team around this pokemon with the following reasons:

251.gif

Celebi- the mascot of Serebii.net. It appears to be quite an underrated pokemon, as I haven't seen it in OU matches, despite its OU status. Like, never. I feel like this pokemon doesn't get as the recognition is deserves as an OU pokemon, and we should try to take it as far as we can in the OU metagame.

Klaus™

Banned
641.gif

Tornadus @ Sharp Beak
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def/ 252 SpA / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Focus Blast / Roost / Taunt

With the ban of Tornadus-T, the metagame lost its premier revenge killer and hurricane spammer, for better or for worse. Luckily, T-T's little brother, Tornadus Incarnate, can fill that spot just as well, if not better. Due to access to priority Tailwind, you can sacrifice it late game to bring about a sweep, by stuff like CB Kyurem-B, Specs Keldeo, Banded Terrakion, Thunderus-T, SubCM Jirachi, the list goes on. Add that to a very beneficial 125 base SpA, on top of the most powerful flying type move, and it is a very big threat to deal with. Tornadus's evs bring out the most in its 125 SpA and 111 speed. Its item, sharp beak, is used over a Life Orb because of Tornadus's general frailty, and that 10% increase in hurricane's power can actually matter with as high a SpA stat as tornadus. U-turn is used to help lure in some known checks, such as heatran, tyranitar, chansey, and jirachi, and gain momentum from it. Some good teammates to have would include:

• Dugtrio - To take out heatran, tyranitar, and jirachi, as well as revenge killing thingies
• Politoed - Ofc, this is the number partner, and arguably the necessity. Without politoed, you rely on a 70% accurate move. :[
• Lastly, any powerful sweeper. With tailwind, you allow a slower pokemon a chance to sweep. things such as keldeo, kyurem-b, and terrakion wont be revenge killed by latios anymore with that +2 boost.

Reasons why this pokemon should be used:

• Hurricane spam
• Access to +1 tailwind
• Outspeeds most top threats in ou with beastly 111 speed, backed up by 125 SpA
• Not too many counters, but enough that it needs support, resulting in teammates for the CCAT

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
683.png

Landorus-T (M) @ Life Orb / Lum Berry
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Why this Pokemon - You usually see this guy as an Offensive Pivot or with a Scarf, but this set makes him one of most deadly sweepers in the metagames. At +2 +2 he can outspeed and OHKO the whole metagame, bar Skarmory, with rocks up. You almost never see Lando-T using a set-up move, so this set also gives the opponent a surprises. He also has nice defensive bulk, and with Intimidate, can set up on many physical attackers. He can also be good Midgame to just rip holes in the opponents team.

Item - LO gives us some extra power, but Lum Berry allows you to grab another boost if the opponent tries to burn / toxic us. It also removes recoil, which can be annoying at times.

EV's - Most power possible and good speed.

Moveset - Edgequake coverage and your choice of boosts, depending on what you need, or maybe even both.​

Last edited:

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
I propose a team with the following pokemon:

134.gif

Vapreon w/ Leftovers
Bold Nature, and Water Absorb
-Baton Pass
-Substitute
-Wish
-Scald

EVS: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe

Use On A Team

A premier wish passer and support pokemon for many teams. Baton Passing Wish allows Vaporeon and the team to create more Substitutes, which can later allow frail sweepers such as Darmanitan or Cloyster to be able to set up quickly, or for the regular OU sweepers such as Keldeo and Scizor to sweep, who truly benefit from the barrier of the Substitute. Scald hits Taunt users, and any burns it may inflict will make it harder for a physical Pokemon to break Vaporeon's Substitute.

There are many alternative moves to this set. Acid Armour is an option for teams with generally weak defences, and Roar is also an option to phaze the opponent. However, I personally believe that Wish has much more of a significant role on a team than Acid Armour, and that should Vaporeon run Roar, it can easily become taunt bait by stallers such as Gliscor, which can especially become frustrating if Vaporeon is the final pokemon in a battle.

Partners

Other pokemon with high defences are welcomed by Vaporeon. Gliscor works well alongside Vaporeon, as Gliscor can benefit from passed wishes to continue it's stalling, and the occassional baton passing Gliscor set can work well in tangent with this Vaporeon set. Celebi too, is also very effective, as they share resistances to water types, and Celebi can benefit from the substitute if using a sweeper set, as it can use the substitute to quickly gain a boost from nasty plot or calm mind, depending on whether the event pokemon is used or not. Gliscor taunts opponents that threaten to ruin Vaporeon's baton passing chain, whilst Celebi can keep boosting to ensure the chain's durability.

Many offensive sweepers benefit greatly from the baton passing wishes and substitute from Vaporeon. Metagross is a prime example, as it can resist toxic spikes and stealth rocks, a wide variety in movepool with moves such as meteor mash and hammer arm, and can use the substitute to boost it's speed with agility, which can further it's sweeping. Fire typed sweepers also work well with Vaporeon, as if the threat of a water pokemon is switched in against the fire pokemon, Vaporeon can be switched in and take the water attack with water absorb. Good examples of this include Volcarona and Ninetales. Volcarona is useful to boost Quiver Dance with a Substitute, whilst Ninetales also benefits largely from the subs and wishes to increase durability of the weather war and also to sweep itself.

Counters

Rotom-W is one strong counter, as it can resist scalds, quickly break through substitutes with hydro pumps or thunder(bolts), and use it's own subs or pain splits to improve it's own durability. Then, it can later stall and inflict a burn onto Vaporeon, which can decrease the amount of potential wishes and subs. This means switching out to a sweeper to take it out is crucial, and the aforementioned Gliscor and Celebi work well in taking out Rotom-W. Vaporeon can take trouble from other walls, however the main purpose of this set is to set up for other sweepers, and if needs be, scald can dent walls like Skarmory and Ferrothorn good enough.

Vaporeon can easily become setup fodder itself, by the likes of Jirachi and Espeon. Jirachi's steel type means it cannot be worn away by toxics from Gliscor, and magic guard users like Espeon and Reuniclus can boost with calm mind and resist scald, and easily sweep later. With that, Roar finds good use on this set, however support from team mates can assist in this problem instead, and it also means that Vaporeon will not fall to the common taunt users. Special Walls like Blissey and Chansey love walling Vaporeon, so strong fighting pokemon like Breloom and Lucario are needed. Breloom in particular works well with Vaporeon, as it can use the subs and wishes to prepare for a sweep, and it's spore can also incapacitate opponents long enough for Vaporeon to heal itself and set up even more subs, or for Breloom to boost with swords dance.

Well, that's it from me, and I hope you consider this set ^_^ If we go with a team focusing on the website's mascot, Vaporeon can work very well here, but I guess it's up the judges.

Last edited:

Cosmic Potato

Sexy Trainer
Community vote on which pokemon/set to choose is the plan. If something is just atrocious (like ambipom or some ****) I will not list it as an option in the vote. I am going to have people PM me their vote so I can Ctrl + F for easy counting.

philzone

Ready for trumpets
Xatu @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Roost
- Heat Wave

Well, This isn't what you expect to see on a xatu, but this is the only set I really use. It gives offensive momentum, and has nice synergy with the tornadus set posted by That Crazy Russian™, since it can u-turn out, and let xatu return the SR, though dual flying type isn't the best. You rarely see xatu, let alone offensive xatu, so it classes as an underrated set. It adds a way to stop stealth rocks and other hazards, and unlike most xatu, can hold its own in battle, and finish off stall pokemon. It also loves being baton passed boosts, though baton pass is xd only, so no passing them on. I prefer this over espeon, since it can come in on earthquake, and cause damage.

Move wise, calm mind bolsters up stored power's power by 40 each use, and get even more dangerous as its sp att/def is boosted. Stored power gives out solid damage. roost to heal oneself and heat wave gives scizor and ferrothorn a shock.

EVs are for physical bulk, and this is a good set for special set up sweepers, since xatu is very dangerous.

Item lets it last longer, as health regenerates. Also, this thing can take on sigilyph, who is becoming quite used.

EZ Target?

You Lack Da Moxie
485.gif

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 244 HP / 44 SDef / 220 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Torment
- Lava Plume
- Protect

In a metagame which seems to have more choiced mons then ever and Scizor being everpresent, this set is extremely annoying and difficult to take down. this set can be deadly with any form of residual damage. The EVs give the highest leftovers recovery number and speed outspeeds jolly Ttar. the moveset needs no explanation as all these moves are required in order for opposing users to gouge their own eyes out.

Potential partners would be Rotom-W and Celebi for their ability to harm bulky waters and being pretty solid answers to big threat Landy-I. anything that spreads status or sets up hazards especially toxic spikes is recommended and also Ttar and Hippo make good partners due to the fact they introduce sand.

Reasons TormentTran should be chosen:
Really,Really, REALLY annoying
great matchup vs dragmag and sun
really rare in this gen
in a great pivot switch and an anti meta threat but requires quite a bit of support

Cosmic Potato

Sexy Trainer
Ok I think that does it for the first nomination stage! Your choices are below. Make sure to bold your answer.

ThatCrazyRussian's Tornadus
Sparkbeat's Landorus-T
I-am-the-peel's Vaporeon
philzone's Xatu
spiderman123's heatran

My vote goes to Landorus-T.

patthecat11756

I vote for lando-t, its one of the few pokes to really put offensive pressure from the start.
Heatran is stopped by priority mach punch from breloom.
Xatu is walled by heatran and ttar.
Vaporeon wont put any offensive pressure from the beginning, its a support poke where we have no idea what team it needs to support.
Tornadus without rain is useless if you're running hurricane. Sub/bulk up with acrobatics/brick break is something different entirely.
I don't even see celebis set

May I ask how soon you have nominations for? I was going to submit something today, but saw the first round was done...

Dr.Chaos

stick in the mud
Yeah seriously the nomination round was like 1 day. and you didnt even list celebi...

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
My vote goes to Landorus-T.

I vote for lando-t, its one of the few pokes to really put offensive pressure from the start.
Vaporeon wont put any offensive pressure from the beginning, its a support poke where we have no idea what team it needs to support.

:(

TBH, when looking through that, Vaporeon was probably better off being nominated as the fourth/third member of the team, after the sweepers are decided. I can see why you are all leaning more towards Landorus T tbh, so I think I probably should have saved that nomination for later, nevermind though :D

Cosmic Potato

Sexy Trainer
1.)
The Celebi nomination didn't meet the requirements of the OP, which I assume is why it wasn't included.
In addition I VMed him asking him to change it.
2.) I moved this on because no one posted anything for 30+ hours. I assumed no one had more to post. Make sure to post quick in the next round.
3.) Please bold your choices.

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
Hmm, I think tornados seems like a really good pokémon to build a team around, so my vote goes to Tornadus

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Aww sorry Russian but I REALLY love double-dancin Lando-T im sure you know. >.<

I gotta give it to Landorus-T! And actually, Sub Passing with Vape to that kinda Lando seems like a cool idea 2~
Just in case we can implement the two. You know, just passin around ideas.
plzforgivemerussian

Last edited: