• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii CCAT2

Cosmic Potato

Sexy Trainer
Ok, this was unaminous and nobody has posted for a while, so the first team member is Landorus--T, courtesy of Sparkbeat!

We are now nominating playstyles.

Cosmic Potato

Sexy Trainer
If nobody else wants to nominate, I will. Hail Balance, because ytf not?

Landorus and niggurrsnow have decent synergy. He can take fighting moves and abomasnow can take on rain etc. Throw in a tentacruel, heatran, gengar, and a reuniclus and we got a team. I don't know I just think plain offense is so boring and weatherless is suicide right now.

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
If nobody else wants to nominate, I will. Hail Balance, because ytf not?

Landorus and niggurrsnow have decent synergy. He can take fighting moves and abomasnow can take on rain etc. Throw in a tentacruel, heatran, gengar, and a reuniclus and we got a team. I don't know I just think plain offense is so boring and weatherless is suicide right now.

Not if you have at least 2 mons that handle rain well. And Sand and Sun aren't too difficult to beat, especially since Lando-T synergizes well with Heatran.

Klaus™

Banned
Sun Offense because why not?

with Rock Polish and intimidate, landorus can take care of two huge threats to sun: terrakion and heatran. that alone makes it a sweet addition. It also easily removes tyranitar. but then, sun can easily remove checks to landorus, such as breloom, celebi, and others. it also puts a dent into any incoming politoed's.

Last edited:

HeyI'mChubby

and (kind of) proud!
Actually, Heatran has near-perfect synergy to Landorus-T. Heatran has 3 weakness: Ground, Fighting, and Water. Lando has 2 Ice Water. Heatran double resists Ice and Lando resists Fighting as well as being immune to Heatran's dreaded weakness. Using Heatran would either mean Sand or Sun if we're using weather, and because Sun would weaken Water, the two don't have to worry so much about it. If the Sun isn't enough to weaken waters, then we should add a grass, another pokemon who copes well with the synergy and Sun. Maybe Venusaur as special sweeper and use Heatran to support with SR.

Cosmic Potato

Sexy Trainer
Don't kid yourself, this landorus-t fails against terrakion. I'm not saying sun is a bad idea, but landorus-t can't simply eliminate terrakion when using this sort of set. I would actually like to suggest a bulkier version later on, but for now we have what we do.

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
Well, if Terrakion is what we're legitimately worried, then may I direct you to the Terrakion on Smogon? At the bottom would be his checks and counters, but I'm sure you already knew that.

It is referring mainly to his pivot set. I've used this guy on a pretty successful team of mine before and he doesn't like switching in on Stone Edge even with intimidate. It does around 30% iirc and it he stays in when you polish, then your sweep will be significantly shorter.

Cosmic Potato

Sexy Trainer
My DD landorus t team was Tyranitar/Rotom-W/Gengar/Landorus-T/Latias/Forretress. It sort of relied on smart play to bear kion. Anyways this is all hypothetical until we pick a play style.

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
Okay, so then what would you use to counter Terrakion? You've used him before, what has mainly given you trouble while using it?

Landorus-T can come in and check him, I had Hippowdon, and Starmie to revenge non-scarf sets, but this isn't my team its the CCAT, so this question is rather irrelevant...and Terrakion isn't that great a threat since it can't switch in safely, or stop our sweep, unless we're extremely low on health and aren't at +2 Spe.

HeyI'mChubby

and (kind of) proud!
Landorus-T can come in and check him, I had Hippowdon, and Starmie to revenge non-scarf sets, but this isn't my team its the CCAT, so this question is rather irrelevant...and Terrakion isn't that great a threat since it can't switch in safely, or stop our sweep, unless we're extremely low on health and aren't at +2 Spe.

Okay, sorry for the confusion.

Anyway, so when will voting for playstyle commence?

Cosmic Potato

Sexy Trainer
Voting time!

You can vote for:

Offense
Hail Balance
Sun Offense

I vote for offense.

Last edited:

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
I, too, vote Offensive . But I want to add, since everyone is concerned about Landorus-T's health, why not use the alternative Double Dance spread of 72 Hp/ 252 Attack/ 184 Speed? It's best used on a turn where Landorus-T is sure to force a switch and set up RP right away.