• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii CCAT2

I don't think Kabutops has been officially added yet since the 2nd post hasn't been updated to reflect such a change, so we should still be in the nomination process for that same round. That said, I personally like the idea of Scarf Rotom, and I'll probably be voting for that after Kabutops.

Eaglehawk

Banned
wait so kabutops is already on the team ok.

Like everyone said I'm going to nominate Scarf Rotom 'cause its a great spinblocker. We could also use Golurk but that would give us a big water weakness.

479.png

Rotom@Choice Scarf
EVS: 252 SpA; 252 Spd; 4 HP
Trait: Levitate
Nature: Timid
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Kabutops hasn't been officially added yet. We're still in the nomination round for the 4th slot.

Usatoday

Eternal God
Im still waiting for more noms

Eaglehawk

Banned

Manectrifier

AKA Treecko
Just for the sake of another nomination:

GATR TIME
Feraligatr@life orb
Adamant nature
Evs: 104 Hp / 252 Atk / 152 Spd
Trait: Torrent
~Swords Dance
~Aqua Jet
~Waterfall
~Return

Last edited:
Well, it's been over a week since the nominations started, so I guess we should start voting now?

I'm going to go ahead and put my vote in for Kabutops because blah blah spinner blah blah sweeper blah blah YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH etc. etc.

Usatoday

Eternal God
ya you guys seemed to like the kabutops sorry about the wait school is busy right now next set of noms

Okay, so I guess I'd like to re-nominate Scarf Rotom. I actually think this thing has been nominated at least twice now, and for good reason. We need a spinblocker somewhere, and right now we don't have a Scarf Pokemon for general revenge killing and such. Rotom is a decent offensive spinblocker, and it revenge kills stuff decently enough in general. Rotom also has Volt Switch, which works great by grabbing momentum and forcing opponents out, racking up even more hazard damage. Here's the set for the sake of reminding everyone.

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
-Volt Switch
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt / Hidden Power [Ice]
-Trick

It might be interesting to test HP Ice, but Shadow Ball hits things like Druddigon and Tangrowth almost as hard anyway, and sometimes it's just nice to have an Electric STAB to spam late-game without having to switch out.

Manectrifier

AKA Treecko
Spiritomb_v_2_by_Xous54.png

Spiritomb@Chesto Berry
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Hp / 156 Atk / 100 Def
Relaxed Nature
-Sucker Punch
-Shadow Sneak
-Hidden Power Grass/Will-o-Wisp
-Rest

Spiritomb can actually switch into Kabutops, which is something Rotom can't say. This set is designed to take care of the most common Rapid Spinners in the RU tier (tell me if i've missed any). Chestorest is great for a one time recovery, and fits better with our offensive playstyle than resttalk. Sucker punch and Shadow Sneak are also great moves for the team, removing frail offensive threats such as Accelgor. HP grass is the unorthodox move on this Spiritomb. It surprise kills Kabutops and 2HKOs Sandslash. Will-O-Wisp is an option if people want to have something that hits a wider variety of pokemon, such as Escavalier, which otherwise can't be touched. Just keep in mind that a lot of Kabutops and Sandslash carry a Lum berry.

The Evs ensure Spiritomb lives 2 stone edges from an Adamant Kabutops, and the leftover evs are dumped into attack to get a maximum damage output from Sucker Punch and Shadow Sneak. More defensive evs can be used if you want to be guaranteed to live 2 stone edges after SR.

0 SpA Spiritomb Hidden Power Grass vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Kabutops: 252-300 (96.18 - 114.5%) -- 81.25% chance to OHKO (guaranteed after hazards)
252+ Atk Kabutops Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 100+ Def Spiritomb: 127-151 (41.77 - 49.67%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Spiritomb Hidden Power Grass vs. 232 HP / 0 SpD Sandslash: 152-180 (43.55 - 51.57%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Spikes
156 Atk Spiritomb Sucker Punch vs. 248 HP / 168 Def Cryogonal: 162-192 (47.23 - 55.97%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Eaglehawk

Banned
look how dead this place is

I vote for rotom

Usatoday

Eternal God
sorry about that guys but more votes plz want to finish this so i can hand it back over to contrail

Usatoday

Eternal God
Rotom wins next nom

Eaglehawk

Banned
Okay. I think the majority voted Archeops, so time to move on to the next topic up for dscussion.

So, as Jesus and someone else mentioned above (I'm too lazy to look up the reference), we definitely need another spinner (if Pineco is running Rapid Spin) and a spinblocker. After playtesting what we have so far with some other interesting stuff (1900 on ladder, so not bad ig), I have a few suggestions I would like to throw out there.

First, Pineco should run Toxic over Rapid Spin. Even though Rapid Spin gives it team utility, I find Toxic more useful in accomplishing its secondary job: murdering walls and sweepers alike wth obnoxious troll stratagies. While laddering with F.E.A.R.C.O.N.E., I found myself saving Pineco for later for mid-game or not leading with it because of Aerodactyl, Cincinno, or Rhydon (all of which destroy Pineco). This leads into the more important issue mentioned earlier regarding a "second" Rapid Spinner. Pineco is meant to be more of a one-time use thing, which makes it even less useful as a Rapid Spinner. Based on this team composition so far, the natural trend is to go for an offensive spinner. When I think of offensive spinner, I think of either Hitmonlee or Kabutops. Kabutops is just notoriously known for being a good spinner in RU. Hitmonlee somewhat alleviates the problem this team has with dealing with super-fed boosting sweepers. Fake Out + Sucker Punch can usually get rid of them easily, but its very shaky due to the nature of Sucker Punch in general. So for the next nomination round, I'm going to nominate Kabutops

Kabutops @ Lum Berry / Rock Gem
Trait: Weak Armor
Nature: Adamant (+ Att, - SpA)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin

I think this spinner best matches the nature of this team. Kabutops can beat almost every single spin-blocker in the tier and can convert into a sweeper with Weak Armor and Swords Dance. Considering neither of the suggested items boost its damage output continuously, hazards definitely allows Kabutops to net KOs. Lum Berry is just standard fare without much speciality, but I also decided to throw in Rock Gem for funsies. While playtesting, I noticed how Kabutops attracted Tangrowths in a lot (and a lot of physically defensive things in general, which kind of sucks). Most of the time, I'll probably Swords Dance on the switch into Tangrowth. Even after a Swords Dance, Stone Edge does not KO Tangrowth, which sucks a lot for me. Considering how important Kabutops' role as a spinner is to the team, he can't afford to lose out against walls like Tangrowth and Defensive spinblockers such as Dusknoir and Spiritomb, Rock Gem pushes the attacks the extra mile and net those KOs at +2.
Re'nomnoming this.

Usatoday

Eternal God
Your right eagle check the second post