• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Community Create a Team

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
-Sucker Punch
-Iron Head
-Knock Off
-Pursuit

I mentioned this earlier, but Bisharp is probably the best in the game when it comes to Pursuit trapping Aegislash, who Mega Gardevoir really hates. That aside, standard Bisharp is standard. Being a Defog deterrent is pretty cool seeing as how Mega Gardevoir appreciates hazard support to help net as many KOs as possible, even if it's just Stealth Rock support. The combination of Bisharp and Mega Gardevoir gives stall a lot of headaches, which gives us a little more room to take a more defensive approach with future members.

I'm gonna second this. Like Jesusfreak said, the offensive pressure Bisharp has allows more room to build with the rest of the pokes, and can help against stall thanks to Knock Off.

Jus putting my thoughts out there since there's not a lot if action. Feel free to point out why or why not. I'm a noob so critiques I'm sure are necessary.

For Mega Gardevoirs Steel counter I rank them this way. 1 being the highest.

1. Heatran It's jus perfect IMO. Typing Etc. There's a Kings Shield and then there's a Lava Dome :)
2. Bisharp Utility plus boosting opportunity. Read yesterday a Banded sucker punch OHKO 'd a Gardevoir. Powerful stuff.
3 my Landorus. Great physical attacker , intimidate utility , and Uturn.

Actually, Dread Plate would probably be better since the set has Pursuit > Swords Dance, come to think of it. I'll edit that in. Thanks!

KillerDraco

Bisharp for sure. The ability to trap Aegislash is invaluable, since not only is it a huge problem for Mega Garde, but also a lot of teams rely so heavily upon it.

Saph~

Serebii Champion x.x
Just gonna say that Sacred(Secret?) Sword exists on Aegi. Anyways voting Mandibuzz. My sets still cool and all js :$

gardsharp

I read today downgrading Mega Gardevoir. Let's kill !!

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Not sure if my vote counts, but I'd go for Bisharp, definitely with Black Glasses, though...

My bad guys, I was really busy last few days and completely blanked on this >_>

Obviously Bisharp won this round so time to nominate our third member! Remember our playstyle is balanced. Our team so far:

gardevoir-mega.gif

Gardevoir (F) @ Gardevoirite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

bisharp.gif

Bisharp @ Dread Plate
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
-Sucker Punch
-Iron Head
-Knock Off
-Pursuit

Deadline to nominate is the 15th

Manectrifier

AKA Treecko
445.gif

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 8 HP / 224 Atk / 24 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Garchomp is a great choice for a balanced team. It forms a Fairy/Steel/Dragon core together with Gardevoir and Bisharp, and also provides an Electric immunity and Stealth Rocks. Fire Blast lures out Ferrothorn and Skarmory, Helmet punishes Rapid Spinners, all standard stuff. The cool thing about Garchomp is that often people are forced to revenge kill it with an Outrage from another Dragon, giving us a free turn with Gardevoir.
36 SDef Ev's to always survive Thundy's HP Ice after Rocks when it doesn't carry a boosting item. Negative nature for Fire Blast doesn't really matter because you 2HKO Ferro and Skarm regardless of nature.

Last edited:
Fun fact: with a spread of 8 HP / 224 Atk / 24 SpD / 252 Spe, you can still survive Leftovers Thundurus's HP Ice after Stealth Rock and have both a tiny bit more physical bulk and an extra point in Atk. Not a huge deal, but it's something to consider. That aside, I really like Garchomp. It's one of those Pokemon that you can toss on just about anywhere and it will probably make the team better. This set gives us Stealth Rock, which is a must for a team trying to utilize a wallbreaker like Mega Gardevoir, and it offers pretty nice offensive presence in its own right. This is kind of the road I wanted to go down if I were to make a nomination later (strong and bulky Stealth Rock user), so Garchomp fits the bill really well. The other things I was considering nominating are Stealth Rock Terrakion or Landorus (maybe even Landorus-T), but I might think those over and nominate one later.

Manectrifier

AKA Treecko
Fun fact: with a spread of 8 HP / 224 Atk / 24 SpD / 252 Spe, you can still survive Leftovers Thundurus's HP Ice after Stealth Rock and have both a tiny bit more physical bulk and an extra point in Atk. Not a huge deal, but it's something to consider. That aside, I really like Garchomp. It's one of those Pokemon that you can toss on just about anywhere and it will probably make the team better. This set gives us Stealth Rock, which is a must for a team trying to utilize a wallbreaker like Mega Gardevoir, and it offers pretty nice offensive presence in its own right. This is kind of the road I wanted to go down if I were to make a nomination later (strong and bulky Stealth Rock user), so Garchomp fits the bill really well. The other things I was considering nominating are Stealth Rock Terrakion or Landorus (maybe even Landorus-T), but I might think those over and nominate one later.
Thanks for noting that. I edited in your spread.

megawurmple

Aegislash seems very threatening to the two Pokemon we have so far. Gardevoir is weak to Ghost and steel, and can't really dent 'Slash with the current moveset. Bisharp fares better, getting off a super-effective dark type move, but it is easily OHKO'd by Sacred Sword. Given how strong 'Slash is in the current metagame, a counter is needed.

The solution?

;479-w;

Rotom Wash is, in my experience, one of the best counters to Aegislash in the game. Will-O-Wisp cripples it completely, and then 'Slash goes down after a couple of Hydro Pumps or T-Bolts. Rotom-W also boasts the ability to take down most physical attackers with its good typing and Will-O-Wisp. The bulk it brings is a nice balance to the power and relative frailty of Gardevoir and Bisharp, stopping sweepers before they can kill our biggest threats. The specific set is this:

Physical tank Rotom
Item: Lefties
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP/168 Def/88 Spd

Hydro Pump
Thunderbolt
Will-O-Wisp
Substitute

This set is designed to tank physical hits like a champion. Hydro Pump and Thunderbolt give Rotom good STAB coverage. Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers and slowly kills them. Substitute can be set up before knocking out one pokemon so that you get a free hit on the next. This is particularly useful if you use the free hit to land a Will-O-Wisp, enabling a safer switch-in for your next pokemon. It also allows Rotom to act as a pseudo-wallbreaker: it stops non-attacking moves from hitting him, and he's bulky enough that the sub will probably last a couple of turns, allowing you to wait for them to die of burns if they don't switch out beforehand.

The EVs in speed allow Rotom to outrun threats such as Scizor, meaning that he can get in a Will-O-Wisp or Substitute before they can do anything about it. The rest of the EVs are to make him as bulky as possible.

Eaglehawk

Banned
Honestly this needs more Deoxys-D or Sticky Web. Gard benefits greatly from bot, maybe both together.

Reserving this post for a Shuckle nomination.

Come on guys I can't really help this. Lack of knowledge :/

I too feel that Gardevoir out speeding the opponent is very important. I mentioned sticky webs early also but is Tailwind a better Speed support option ?