• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Conquest 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
Luc_zpsa781aaf1.png

Hello and welcome to the second Serebii Conquest! This tournament will force you outside your comfort zone and you will have to be able to make the best out of what is given to you to achieve victory. This tournament will be hosted by myself, and now that I've done this once before, things should run even smoother than before.

~~~

Overview

Now this tournament will be quite different from most in more ways than one. The first is that this is an open bracket tournament. This means that you can play whoever you want whenever you want. There will be no bracket, only a chatroom to arrange battles on. However, there are a few restrictions for this to prevent johning and inactivity, but we'll get to that later.

Next, this tournament will force you to be creative in your teambuilding by only giving you a certain amount of Pokemon that are considered viable in the current OU metagame. When sign-ups are closed, everyone will receive 4 random viable Pokemon. There is a list of possible Pokemon below (See the Restricted Pokemon spoiler under the section Participants and Pokemon). You may not use any of these Pokemon, except for the ones you receive. If a Pokemon isn't listed below, then you may use it on your team to fill in your remaining slots, ie if you have your 4 Pokemon, but you only wish to use 3 for your battle (Synergy reasons) you use unlisted Pokemon for the remaining 3 slots of your team. Every battle will be 6v6.

~~~

Victory and Defeat

Since there is no bracket, there will never be someone who "reaches the end." In this tournament, you must be the last man standing to win. To achieve this, you must capture everyone else's Pokemon by defeating them. When you defeat someone, you must select 2 of their Pokemon, and they become yours to use until the same thing happens to you. To lose, you must lose all of your Pokemon. When you are eliminated, you are out permanently. There will be no "giving away Pokemon" if someone drops out. When there are only eight participants remaining, they will be put into an 8-Man, single elimination bracket, and seeded via RNG. Once we enter this stage, the participants Pokemon are locked, meaning you no longer take two Pokemon from people you defeat in the bracket. Whoever comes out on top of that wins the tournament.

~~~

Inactivity, Disqualification, and Drop-Outs

If you wish to drop out of the tournament, post in the thread and send me a VM. You may not under any circumstances give away your Pokemon when you drop out. They will be put in an rng along with every remaining participants name, and that player will receive the Pokemon. The same rule applies for inactivity. For this tournament, you must have at least 1 game every 4 days. If you are unable to do so, send me a PM/VM explaining why, and I will make the final verdict. All decisions regarding inactivity are final. You will be disqualified from the tournament if you are caught using Pokemon on the list that you do not own. You will also be disqualified if you deny challenges while you are in the chatroom. If you do not have time to accept challenges, then simply do not login to the chatroom. The only time you may deny a battle is if it has been less that 24 hours since your last one.

~~~

Rules

Standard Smogon XY OU banlist and battle clauses
All battles must be completed on Pokemon Showdown! or Pokemon Online
All matches will be Best of 3
Once you start a Bo3, finish it. You can teambuild in the period after you challenge someone and before the Bo3 begins, but not after the Bo3 begins.
You may have a maximum of 3 Pokemon with Baton Pass.
SmashPass is banned.
The combination of a weather inducing ability + a speed boosting in weather ability is banned, unless you receive a Pokemon with both of the abilities. For example, you cannot use Politoed and Kabutops, but if you receive Charizard and Venusaur, you can use Chlorophyll Venusaur.
All the rules stated in the paragraphs above

~~~

Application and Battle Forms

Notes
~Fill out the form completely~
~Unless you would like ^ to be in the tournament instead of you, type your name out~
~Your GMT can be found on the bottom of the page. No excuses~

Application
HTML:
Serebii Username:
Timezone: (GMT Format)

By Posting this form, you acknowledge you have read and understand all rules and regulations regarding this tournament and understand that decisions made
by the host, Sparkbeat, are final.

Battles
HTML:
Your Serebii Username:
Opponent's Serebii Username:
Game 1: (W/L)
Game 2: (W/L)
Game 3: (W/L)
Pokemon You Are Taking:

~~~

Participants and Pokemon

HTML:
Absol
Aegislash
Aerodactyl
Alakazam
Amoonguss
Azumarill
Bisharp
Blissey
Breloom
Chansey
Charizard
Chesnaught
Clefable
Cloyster
Conkeldurr
Deoxys-Defense
Deoxys-Speed
Diggersby
Dragonite
Excadrill
Ferrothorn
Garchomp
Gardevoir
Gengar
Gliscor
Goodra
Gothitelle
Greninja
Gyarados
Hawlucha
Haxorus
Heatran
Hippowdon
Hydreigon
Infernape
Keldeo
Kyurem
Kyurem-Black
Landorus
Landorus-Therian
Latias
Latios
Lucario
Magnezone
Mamoswine
Manaphy
Mandibuzz
Manectric
Mawile
Medicham
Mew
Mienshao
Pinsir
Quagsire
Rotom-Wash
Scizor
Scolipede
Skarmory
Slowbro
Smeargle
Staraptor
Suicune
Sylveon
Talonflame
Terrakion
Thundurus
Thundurus-Therian
Togekiss
Tornadus-Therian
Tyranitar
Venusaur
Volcarona
Weavile
Wobbuffet
Zapdos
Zygarde

1. Sparkbeat - Greninja / Talonflame / Conkeldurr / Zygarde / Latios / Aegislash / Excadrill / Thundurus-T / Suicune / Cloyster / Manaphy / Togekiss / Bisharp / Magnezone
2. TheDragonKnight - Skarmory / Chansey / Zapdos / Chesnaught / Landorus-I / Scizor / Gyarados / Smeargle / Thundurus-I / Weavile / Clefable / Bisharp / Zygarde
3. SilentReaper - Thundurus-I / Togekiss / Gengar / Haxorus / Absol / Tyranitar / Togekiss / Kyurem (Normal) / Zygarde / Deoxys-Speed
4. Saph~ - Latias / Lucario / Conkeldurr / Dragonite / Slowbro / Wobbufett / Mandibuzz / Latios / Gengar / Medicham / Rotom-W / Kyurem (Normal) / Skarmory / Zapdos
5. Mean Mr. Snorlax - Alakazam / Conkeldurr / Manectric / Wobbufett / Terrakion / Tyranitar / Cloyster / Ferrothorn / Infernape / Hippowdon / Mienshao / Rotom-W / Greninja / Excadrill / Quagsire / Mawile / Gothitelle / Suicune / Kyurem Black / Excadrill
6. The Master Chief - Staraptor / Diggersby / Staraptor / Charizard / Aegislash / Alakazam / Tornadus-T / Quagsire / Manectric / Rotom-W / Thundurus-I / Kyurem (Normal)
7. Zamrock - Zapdos / Azumarill / Sylveon / Keldeo / Kyurem (Normal) / Zygarde / Rotom-W / Hippowdon / Volcarona
8. D0nut - Landorus-I / Manaphy / Goodra / Garchomp / Mawile / Gothitelle / Conkeldurr / Infernape / Volcarona / Mandibuzz / Aerodactyl / Heatran / Conkeldurr / Gliscor / Gyarados
9. Moony - Gothitelle / Absol / Alakazam / Suicune / Magnezone / Wobbuffet / Ferrothorn / Infernape / Greninja

~~~

Credits goes to Anakbae for the fantastic banner, and thank TDK for compiling pretty much all of the banlist. A link to the xat where you can arrange battle is in my sig. There is also an IRC channel if you cannot use xat - #serebiiconquest. You can arrange battle via VM/PM, but that isn't recommended. Replays are also a good idea, since if you don't post them, every battle will need to be confirmed by who you battled. Also, a general tip. "Counter teaming" is a large part of this tournament. You should be making a new team after every battle, as well as preparing a team to use against whoever you might battle next. Remember to try to always give time between when you challenge someone and when you begin the battle for teambuilding purposes. So, that's about it. Signups will close in a week or when there hasn't been a new participant in 48 hours. Have fun!​

Last edited:

Saph~

Serebii Champion x.x
Serebii Username: Saph~
Timezone: Gmt -5

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
Serebii Username: King Infernape the III
Timezone: (GMT Format) GMT -4, Also known as U.S. Eastern
Question: Can we trade pokemon?

epicdrill

Serebii Username: epicdrill
Timezone: GMT -6

I'm not sure where you got that list of viable pokemon, because while most are good, some do not belong in XY OU, ever. As in if you even say their name in a serious XY OU discussion on Smogon you will be mocked to hell and back.

Rising Star

Certified Boss
Serebii Username: Rising Star
Timezone: (GMT Format) GMT-5

ya know i had to come out of retirement for dis :]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.