• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Conquest 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rising Star

Certified Boss
Someone mentioned this earlier but I want to know why are there so many non-OU pokemon on the restricted list. Normally i wouldn't mind, but i've realized that including this many "extra" pokemon causes a problem. A lot of the legitimate OU pokemon aren't being evenly distributed. For example, I see 3 quagsires and 3 kyurems (non-OU), while actual OU pokemon like garchomp, talonflame, tyranitar, dragonite, etc. are only given out once.

Next, this tournament will force you to be creative in your teambuilding by only giving you a certain amount of Pokemon that are considered viable in the current OU metagame.

Yes, these lower tier pokemon are viable in OU, but it doesn't make sense to me that they should be included more than pokemon that are ACTUALLY in OU. Not to mention, some of the OU pokemon weren't given out at all, like Breloom and Pinsir, which are considered staples of OU. Given that there are 29 participants, and each have 4 pokemon from the restricted list, a total of 116 pokemon were distributed, meaning that all 76 of the pokemon on the restricted list should have been given out at least once. But instead, pokemon like quagsire, kyurem, and zygarde (who aren't even OU) are repeated multiple times (upwards of 3+) while some weren't given out at all. Huh?

Personally, I think this makes it a lot less fun because it severely limits our options. A lot of the pokemon on here like Hawlucha, Kyurem, Absol, Thundurus-T aren't even OU and shouldn't be on this list - they just take up space and minimize the availability of OU pokemon being used. I wish to propose some sort of re-distribution or amendment because as mentioned by others earlier, a lot of the pokemon on this list just do not belong there.

Last edited:
Your Serebii Username: The DragonKnight
Opponent's Serebii Username: Ger9119
Game 1: (W/L) Win
Game 2: (W/L) Win
Game 3: (W/L)
Pokemon You Are Taking: Chansey and Suicune

Utopian

faults & feats
people already playing games and i havent even looked at my mons yet l o l

edit: why tf is chesnaught a restricted mon? ............

Last edited:

Moony

Your Serebii Username: Moony
Opponent's Serebii Username: Mean Mr Snorlax
Pokemon You Are Taking: Gothitelle and Conkeldurr

Saph~

Serebii Champion x.x
Your Serebii Username: Saph~
Opponent's Serebii Username: NeoHopeSTF
Pokemon You Are Taking: Conkeldurr, Quag

Snorby

Snorby
Your Serebii Username: MMS
Opponent's Serebii Username: Ger9119
Pokemon You Are Taking: Wobbufett, Manectric

epicdrill

Someone mentioned this earlier but I want to know why are there so many non-OU pokemon on the restricted list. Normally i wouldn't mind, but i've realized that including this many "extra" pokemon causes a problem. A lot of the legitimate OU pokemon aren't being evenly distributed. For example, I see 3 quagsires and 3 kyurems (non-OU), while actual OU pokemon like garchomp, talonflame, mawile, dragonite, etc. are only given out once.

Yes, these lower tier pokemon are viable in OU, but it doesn't make sense to me that they should be included more than pokemon that are ACTUALLY in OU. Not to mention, some of the OU pokemon weren't given out at all, like Breloom and Pinsir, which are considered staples of OU. Given that there are 29 participants, and each have 4 pokemon from the restricted list, a total of 116 pokemon were distributed, meaning that all 76 of the pokemon on the restricted list should have been given out at least once. But instead, pokemon like quagsire, kyurem, and zygarde (who aren't even OU) are repeated multiple times (upwards of 3+) while some weren't given out at all. Huh?

Personally, I think this makes it a lot less fun because it severely limits our options. A lot of the pokemon on here like Hawlucha, Kyurem, Absol, Thundurus-T aren't even OU and shouldn't be on this list - they just take up space and minimize the availability of OU pokemon being used. I wish to propose some sort of re-distribution or amendment because as mentioned by others earlier, a lot of the pokemon on this list just do not belong there.

This. Not just this, but also the original list is ****. Wobbuffet? Infernape? Honestly? Like I said before, some things on this list are not very good to borderline unviable, and those were two that I noticed.

people already playing games and i havent even looked at my mons yet l o l

edit: why tf is chesnaught a restricted mon? ............

Chesnaught is actually very viable as a tank, unlike some things on that list.

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
No idea why people are complaining about the list it is fine, even so it's a tour where the op makes the rules and in this case picked which pokes are listed. The tour has started so nothing can be done. You could see the list at the start if you don't think it's going be fun then why sign up. Anyway good luck all and thank you spark for opening this tour.

Last edited:

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
I didn't feel I had enough experience in the current meta since this is really the only thing I want to continue running in comp at the moment, so the list was made by someone else. All Pokemon were decided by RNG, so that isn't under my control. More people = access to more Pokemon. To be completely honest, Infernape is more outclassed than unviable in my opinion, and Wobbuffet was even restricted last year if memory serves correctly, and no one complained. If you didn't like the Pokemon on the restricted list, either bring it up before the tour, like with Alomomola, or don't join. And if you're complaining about it making team building difficult, then good, it's supposed to be. Speaking of teambuilding, you should maybe have one team built before your battles. What you should be doing, is after you challenge someone, wait about 10 minutes before battling for both of you to build teams to use against each other, since countering who you're about to fight is a large part of the tournament.

Last edited:

Snorby

Snorby
Opponent's Serebii Username: Rairyan/Naoto
Pokemon You Are Taking: Aegislash, Terrakion

Snorby

Snorby
Opponent's Serebii Username: Jets
Pokemon You Are Taking: Tyranitar, Latios

Last edited:

Moony

Opponent's Serebii Username: Rairyan
Pokemon You Are Taking: Alakazam and Infernape

Last edited:

Moony

Opponent's Serebii Username: TheDragonKnight
Game 2: (W/L) Lose
Game 3: (W/L) Win
Pokemon You Are Taking: Gyarados and Suicune

Snorby

Snorby
Opponent's Serebii Username: The Last Jedi
Pokemon You Are Taking: Conkeldurr, Cloyster

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Opponent's Serebii Username: The Last Jedi
Pokemon You Are Taking: Conkeldurr, Cloyster

confirming games.

Rising Star

Certified Boss
Spark, can you mod a couple of people on the xat? Preferably people who are active. A lot of people have tried to go on but cant do anything because there are no mods to member people.

Also, don't take my post from the wrong way. Wasn't try to be offensive, I was just pointing out some grievances expressed by a few people and my take on the matter. The RNG process was flawed, but yeah I guess nothing can really be done now.

Last edited:

Snorby

Snorby
Opponent's Serebii Username: Bronslinio
Pokemon You Are Taking: Ferrothorn, Infernape

Opponent's Serebii Username: Bronslinio
Pokemon You Are Taking: Ferrothorn, Infernape

sadly both 1-0 even though you had a brigade of OU mons and I had a scrappy team of upstarts

Status
Not open for further replies.