• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii, Coronis & PK's DP Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Ok, thats it from me as well, Tomorrow i'm going to be page making and PokéHunting in the Battle Tower

HOWEVER

Another Rant

In my browsings not too long ago, I went to a Italian site, that we have had dealings with in the past, and what did I see. EVERY DAMNED PICTURE THAT CORONIS AND I HAVE TAKEN WITH OUR CAMERAS WITHOUT CREDIT. OUR OWN PICTURES. Its not like emulators where you can have the same picture, albeit unlikely, these are the pictures owned by us.

And I know they read this thread. So remove or credit, that goes for every last one of you who have used them too, I'm not kidding, this is not right or fair

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Okay... so you guys exploded my photobucket account... that's a first -_-"

Anyway, really feeling like the evolution guru now. Uncovered another whole batch of new evolutionary methods today, first presenting a few new pokemon pic to you.

Beroberuto - Lickitung evo. Level up, Lickitung must know Rollout as one of its 4 moves:
Dex_Beroberuto.jpg

Mojanbo - Tangela evo. Level up, Tangela must know Ancient Power as one of its 4 moves:
Dex_Mojanbo.jpg

Megayanma - Yanma evo. Level up, Yanma must know Ancient Power as one of its 4 moves:
Dex_Megayanma.jpg

Manmuu - Piloswine evo. Level up, Piloswine must know Ancient Power as one of its 4 moves:
Dex_Manmuu.jpg

Other evolutions involving moves:
Eteboosu - Aipom evo. Level up, Aipom must know Double Attack (new move) as one of its 4 moves:
Dex_Eteboosu.jpg

MimeJr --> Mr. Mime: Level up, MimeJr must know Mimic as one of its 4 moves
Bonsly --> Sudowoodo: Level up, Bonsly must know Mimic as one of its 4 moves

A very interesting new way of evolution I must say. Let's take MimeJr as an example, it learns Mimic at level 18, so once it does, it can evolve everytime it levels up. However, if you choose not to evolve it, then overwrite Mimic with another attack later, it can no longer evolve, unless you use the Heart Scale man who is in the 4th gym's city.

For Tangela, Yanma and Piloswine, they can now learn Ancient Power as a level up move in D/P, a move they weren't able to get before, so the evolutions make sense. But Lickitung is badly designed, coz it already could learn Rollout via the Emerald Tutor back in the 3rd gen. People are gonna start asking why their Lickitung didn't evolve before :p

Oh, and for Tamanta, it evolves into Mantine via level up when you have a Remoraid in your party. And no, they don't merge, your Remoraid will still be there after Tamanta evolves.

Got most new evolutions tracked down now, just gotta work on the others :D

Coronis~

Last edited:

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Two more evos for you. Thanks to Serebii for helping me track down Dusclops's item :D

Yonowaaru - trade Dusclops with held item Spirit World Cloth
Dex_Yonowaaru.jpg

PorygonZ - trade Porygon2 with held item Eerie Patch
Dex_PorygonZ.jpg

In search of Electrabuzz and Magmar's trade evo items now, and a way to evolve Nosepass and Magneton.

Coronis~

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Ok, since I'm flooded with PMs about Pal Park, I'll just try to elaborate further.

There isn't really any time constraints so to speak, or at least I haven't dwelled there long enough to be kicked out. The 6 pokemon are distributed across the park areas according to their habitats (well, you'll know, most of them are either in the short or tall grass, haven't transferred one that's in the pond yet).

You just run around and around until you encounter them, and you catch them. Even legendaries like Celebi and Kyogre are fairly easy to encounter. Just keep moving around in the grass. I haven't tried giving up before I caught all 6, so I don't know what happens if you retire before you capture all. But take my word, the whole process shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes.

There's only one option when you encounter the pokemon, and that is to capture it. I think you can run away, but why would you?

The 'time constraint' is actually just for the price at the end, which the guy will grade you according to time and diversity of pokemons trasferred over. He will give you a better berry if you manage to top your previous score, and a trivial berry if you did worse. Your first score to beat is your rival's, which isn't really that high to begin with.

Coronis~

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Right, bit of info from Coronis

Eevee is given to you by a girl in a house next to the Pokemon Center in the City with the 5th Gym

There are Wild Porygon in the grass behind a big mansion

To get the non-Shinou Pokémon that are around the routes, you have to use the Honey to lure them to the trees...it can take a while and its not guaranteed either

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Two more evos for you.

Jibakoiru - level up Magneton in Tengan Mountain
Dex_Jibakoiru.jpg

Dainoosu - level up Nosepass in Tengan Mountain
Dex_Dainoozu.jpg

Down to Eleki and Maggy now.

Coronis~

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Right, while Coronis is hunting for the final item to evolve Magmar (I'll save the boring assorted details)

ZoraJolteon has pointed out how to get Minomucchi's form to change

It seems when you faint Minomucchi, it'll get the look of its surroundings. If you're in a building when it faints, you'll get the Pink Version, in a Cave and you'll get the Yellow, in grass then you'll get Green

Once you evolve it, the form stays as every Minomadamu form is kinda like a different pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.