• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Forums Suggestion Thread - 2010 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its on the very bottom right side of the page.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
We don't need yet another place for fans to whine about what they want because they're so much better than Nintendo.

Well, SPPF has so many category forums for everything else, that I doubt anyone would really notice one more.

Last edited:

Raddaya

My Little Ponyta
Erm, I want to say something. The spambots are getting SERIOUSLY annoying if, for example, you want to search for a thread a few pages back. COULD there be something that stops users from posting links anywhere until, um 10 posts? That should be quick to attain and people can't whine that they can't post *insertstuff* because it's like 10 posts.. I know that could increase spam and "postcount+1" but maybe you could get a "Get your 10 posts here" thread. Just a suggestion.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
How about a specific board for all the claims thread? That way they aren't scattered all about. Just a suggestion =]

I don't see any reason to have a forum dedicated to a bit of text people put in their signatures. If claims meant something beyond "I have Togepi" then maybe, but it's a pretty pointless thing to have an entire forum dedicated to.

Erm, I want to say something. The spambots are getting SERIOUSLY annoying if, for example, you want to search for a thread a few pages back. COULD there be something that stops users from posting links anywhere until, um 10 posts? That should be quick to attain and people can't whine that they can't post *insertstuff* because it's like 10 posts.. I know that could increase spam and "postcount+1" but maybe you could get a "Get your 10 posts here" thread. Just a suggestion.

I'm not aware of any feature that currently exists on the forums to do that, and Serebii doesn't install hacks. It all seems like a long drawn out way of stopping adbots, which it wont, because there'll just be ones that don't post links, or find a way around it. The most annoying thing about adbots at the moment is people replying to them, because it means we have to give out several replying to spam infractions all the time instead of just banning the bot. The best thing to do is report it, or if you spot an active SuperMod or Admin online PM them.

Mr.Azy

Cradily's Victory!
In the 4th gen gamemechanics I don't think the IV man which can be found in the battle tower in D/P/P/HG/SS has been mentioned.

Electric

Serebii, when there is info about the new Pokemon games in 2010, can you please put everything about it in spoiler tags? I really really don't want to spoil myself.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
My ****ing god would you read like, two posts above your own? I can't believe how incapable of reading some of the people who reply to this thread are.

Last edited:
I would like something to be done to reduce the lag the forum has. I'm not sure of what can be done to reduce lag, but something to reduce the lag would be great. The other day, it took me about an hour to make a post.

If it's possible, then I think it would be a good idea. If it's not possible, then I'll understand.

Or are you already working on reducing the lag?

Raddaya

My Little Ponyta
Lag is unavoidable when we have such a huge number of members. Often the server(which is one of the, if not the best money can buy) can't handle it. I think.

Hey, I heard, tell me if I was misinformed, that reports go through as emails to mods. How about a Report CP? On a forum I mod there is one, so I thought it might help here.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Anything that can be done about the lag is being done, so stop posting about it please.

As for the reports, yes they do go to our emails, but the Report CP is probably a forum hack, which Joe will never go for.

Status
Not open for further replies.