• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Forums Suggestion Thread - 2010 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Aw, that's not fair. At least let Serebii have his say.

Serebii will say the same damn thing, it would be stupid to add a pokemon to the Favorite List every time we get a new pokemon, and I find it kind of silly that you are already fangasming over a pokemon we know almost nothing about.

Disgruntled Goat

has his moments
Threads are closed as opposed to deleted so people can still access them in searches, see responses and so forth
Surely there are still thousands of crappy useless threads (spam, dupes or others with only a couple of posts) that are locked? You should clear all those out, wouldn't hurt to lose them.

Yeah it's been broken for over a year. I'm sure it will be fixed when we update the skins.
When's that happening? Are you completely redoing skins? Anyway you could do it now in five minutes if you wanted, just do a search/replace in your skin file.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Surely there are still thousands of crappy useless threads (spam, dupes or others with only a couple of posts) that are locked? You should clear all those out, wouldn't hurt to lose them.

It's not hurting keeping them there. Deleting that many topics at once will slow the forum down.

When's that happening? Are you completely redoing skins? Anyway you could do it now in five minutes if you wanted, just do a search/replace in your skin file.

We are completely redoing the skins. It'll be done when it's done, there is no ETA on it. Only Serebii has access to the skins files.

Zyst

Guess this is as good as any place at a glance..

I had an idea for serebii as a resource guide. With the PokeWalker, you see how much exp your Pokemon has (from what I can tell, haven't used any of the HG/SS pages yet). I was wondering if a page could be designed that gives the exp each pokemon needs to reach individual levels.

Zyst

Ah, I'll have to post there next time, assuming I find it.

But to not confuse others, just this one last post here as a suggestion, if the discussion can go on, I'll move it over there.

There are 6 groups of Pokemon, each having a different EXP value when they reach level 100, right? Perhaps just a chart with Levels 1-100 on the left side of the table, and the groups on the top, and the values being in the rest of the cells of the table. Then having a list with what Pokemon belong to each group. But even without this list of actual Pokemon, we can look them up on the Pokedex(es) on the site and see what group they're in, then look on that table.

Disgruntled Goat

has his moments
There seems to be a bug with the quick reply box. It ALWAYS submits the post twice. I'm definitely only clicking once on the button (not double-clicking or anything stupid like that)

But every time I post on quick reply I get taken to the "This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts....." page.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
it's an error to do with the forum lag. there's nothing that can be done right now, but you won't get punished for accidental double-posts.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Pre 3rd Gen Pokemon Sprites for Avatars.

Including Shiny G/S/C Pokemon.

Gentleman

Sitting on Horsea
Hey, uh, not sure if this has been brought up before, but the HG/SS Discussion forum's text says "upcoming remakes" I guess it hasn't been released in some places yet, but given that it's now out in America and such, wouldn't it work better removing the upcoming from that?

Just my thoughts on that.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
It's out in the UK in less than a week, and since the forum is UK based technically it's still upcoming. We'll change it when it's released here.

Darkmagiciangirl

OpInIoNaTeD at <3
I apologize if this has already been suggested, but what about putting the smilies in chronological order?

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
If it were up to the mods, then smilies would be got rid of. Serebii wants to keep them, so they stay. If you want to know the number of a pokemon, look at the pokedex.

Darkmagiciangirl

OpInIoNaTeD at <3
Status
Not open for further replies.