• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Forums Suggestion Thread - 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
You think we're just sitting here doing nothing? We ARE trying to bloody fix it. Christ

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
You think we're just sitting here doing nothing? We ARE trying to bloody fix it. Christ

No no no, I never said I thought you were just sitting around doing nothing, I just said that until the ReCAPTCHA problem is sorted out - and I do understand you are working on it - there's nothing else we can really do.

Nebbio

NINJA!
Perhaps a pokemon history section. e.g. 1989 Game Freak formed.

D

Deleted member 11515

because the forums are obviously the same thing as the site.

• dream world art avatars
  • 5th gen smileys!!!!!! ;124; ;124; ;251;
  • was it really necessary to create a completely separate wifi section for trades? idk, i'm sure the fourth gen one could've sufficed o_O
    Or, you could've just closed the 4th gen and moved it all together. It seems a little redundant tbh.
  • make a decision on upgrading. we were talking about this nearly 2 years ago. :|
  • a creative alternative to upgrading would be to switch forum hosts. XenForo is an up and coming forum software that's actually really amazing. I've messed around with it and it's pretty cool. It's made by the key team of vB (who quit in transition from 3 -> 4) so you know it's actually pretty good.
    It would also give SPPf a chance to start over and fix a bunch of its errors and whatnot [are they even fixed? idk.]
    And, even then, I think there's a way to transfer data over from vB to XenForo? idk. @_@;

Regardless, check it out. :}
    quick link to the demo

that's all i can think of right now!!! ^_^

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
because the forums are obviously the same thing as the site.

[*]dream world art avatars
[*]5th gen smileys!!!!!! ;124; ;124; ;251;

Omigosh, it's Erik Destler! I haven't seen you in a while!
-I expect Joe is waiting for the remainder of the DW Art to 'appear' before releasing DW Artwork as avatars. IIRC, there are still several Pokemon without DW Artwork, including Vanilluxe and Druddigon.
- Because we all obviously love smilies. But yeah, the smilies should at least remain consistent. It doesn't really make too much sense to not add 5th Gen ones [eventually] tbh.

Tyranitar Terror

Tyranitar Trainer
^Yeah, maybe some 5th gen smilies^
That would be great for the forums.

Tyranitar Terror

Tyranitar Trainer
The only thing that would be better than 5th gen smilies, is no smilies. At all. Ever.

Well it looks like they added 5th gen smilies- see sig.
And don't be so grumpy but smile like the smilies!

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Well at least they're static. If only we can get rid of the annoying bouncy crap the old ones do.

I think they should all be static. Then they would match, and could be cute without being annoying.

Nebbio

NINJA!

fhqwhgads

I have high amounts of respect for people that talk to smilies within their posts, and even more respect for those that post a dozen of whichever is their favorite ****er in the sidebar at the end of their posts for no reason.

PokemonAdventures149

When it comes to your spam bots problem there is a very easy solution that I used on my old vbulletin forum. Just set it so the new members have to verify their emails. Maybe you tried this already, I don't know because I didn't read everything but if you did then I apologize for wasting your time.

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
When it comes to your spam bots problem there is a very easy solution that I used on my old vbulletin forum. Just set it so the new members have to verify their emails. Maybe you tried this already, I don't know because I didn't read everything but if you did then I apologize for wasting your time.
I'm pretty sure users have to go through authentication. But I know the admin control panel is screwy so maybe they took that feature off to stop crashing the forums.
I have high amounts of respect for people that talk to smilies within their posts, and even more respect for those that post a dozen of whichever is their favorite ****er in the sidebar at the end of their posts for no reason.
Talk to smilies eh?

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror

They do have to verify their emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.