• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Forums Suggestion Thread - 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abstinence Pistols

Could we make a spin trading thread? I've always really wanted to use this and it can be quite fun if everyone puts in something halfway decent. You might argue that spin trading isn't very open ended, but neither is pokeshifting, and we have one for that.

manaphy72

if you like pokemon say it out loud when you read this

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Could we make a spin trading thread? I've always really wanted to use this and it can be quite fun if everyone puts in something halfway decent. You might argue that spin trading isn't very open ended, but neither is pokeshifting, and we have one for that.
Unfortunately, that's local as opposed to WiFi so it's not really feasible, else I would since I love the idea of it

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Could we have a forum where you can make blogs? A blog forum?
Blogs require a bit more money to have (VBulliten has a built-in feature for it) and although when it was raised a few years ago and Joe was willing to put it up discussions by everyone on it lead to the decision not to have it then. Not that we can't necessarily have it now but it has been suggested before.
How about a subforum in the "General Pokemon Discussion" just for theories? "Pokemon Theories"?
Would there really be enough threads to have such a subsection active and enough other threads in PGD to let it remain active if all the 'theory' threads in it were moved out?

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
Allow us to search for our avatars using a search bar.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
PM us when you delete our threads
I usually give an infraction, which gives you a PM, then delete it. In some cases, I will delete it, then ask higher mod to look at it and he/she infracts you. If you are in GPD, your post could have been placed in the closed container thread.

Allow us to search for our avatars using a search bar.
I think this may be impossible due to the way VB avatar system works.

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
i have a suggestion for the site. when i check any pokemon's page in the 5th gen, probabilities for secondary effects (fire punch-burn &co.) do not appear. its easy to figure out for 4th gen moves, but it leaves me at a loss for things like 'how often does heart stamp cause flinch' or some such.

note - im not asking about heart stamp. just an example.

chocoboy

In School
Wish the smilie list was more easily navigable.

Asterveil

Go figure.
Suggestion! I used to be a member of ACC, and what I thought was cool is that you can have more than one person in a PM. Yeah and that's about it.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
i have a suggestion for the site. when i check any pokemon's page in the 5th gen, probabilities for secondary effects (fire punch-burn &co.) do not appear. its easy to figure out for 4th gen moves, but it leaves me at a loss for things like 'how often does heart stamp cause flinch' or some such.

note - im not asking about heart stamp. just an example.
this thread is for the FORUMS not the WEBSITE, which has its own thread.

Suggestion! I used to be a member of ACC, and what I thought was cool is that you can have more than one person in a PM. Yeah and that's about it.
you can send pm's to multiple people at once if that's what you mean. but anything more than that i don't think is possible with vb.

Asterveil

Go figure.
@Ellie Okay... I actually meant like having a thread in a PM; except with no topic. :p
But that goes under 'anything more than that' so yeah, thanks for answering my suggestion. :)

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
Not sure if I'm supposed to post here or not, but I'll give it a shot.

Whenever I log in on http://serebiiforums.com, it keeps logged in for that right? Well, when I go on http://www.serebiiforums.com, I am not logged in. The strange part is that I am still logged in on the former, my suggestion is perhaps you should merge the two somehow or someway or something? I don't know how to word it right, maybe someone else can.

Captain Brain

this thread is for the FORUMS not the WEBSITE, which has its own thread.

you can send pm's to multiple people at once if that's what you mean. but anything more than that i don't think is possible with vb.

Considering that people simply can not get this through their heads' as both you and Razor Leaf have noted on multiple times I recommend closing both threads and starting a new thread entitled "Serebiiforum's and website Suggestion thread". Otherwise people will spend more time correcting people's inability to read instructions and possibly completely miss the good ideas that actually come through the respective threads. (I did look at the opening post that describes already given suggestions and this one was not on it). ;025;

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
Considering that people simply can not get this through their heads' as both you and Razor Leaf have noted on multiple times I recommend closing both threads and starting a new thread entitled "Serebiiforum's and website Suggestion thread". Otherwise people will spend more time correcting people's inability to read instructions and possibly completely miss the good ideas that actually come through the respective threads. (I did look at the opening post that describes already given suggestions and this one was not on it). ;025;

wowies. i looked and i cant find it. i guess i cant get anything 'through (my) head'.

maybe someone could point me to the direction to where i should post? please 'get this through (my) head'.

Status
Not open for further replies.