• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Forums Suggestion Thread - 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Light

I've noticed the sticky's have a dark green background, and the regular threads a light green background.

Can this just be a dark green background for all threads? Cause it's hard to see which threads have new posts with the light green background

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

Mshnik

Resident Planeswalke
A "Forum Jump" dropdown menu would be great. They've got it on some of the other forums I go to, where you click it and a list of all the major folders in the forum drops down, so you can navigate from there. Makes it much easier and quicker to get where you're going.

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
A "Forum Jump" dropdown menu would be great. They've got it on some of the other forums I go to, where you click it and a list of all the major folders in the forum drops down, so you can navigate from there. Makes it much easier and quicker to get where you're going.

We have that already... under "Quick Navigation". It's a standard feature of vBulletin

D

Deleted member 11515

Jooooooooooooooooe :3 You finally updated to vB4.
Good for you. There's a lot of potential here, and I think if you guys work at it, SPPf can look great.

I do like the new main banner. I..just think that it should kinda be like the banner on the site and stretch across the top of the screen and adjust to screen resolutions.
It just makes it look a bit more professional than it just being stuck in the top left corner.

xxoo

edit:
One thing I have noticed, and this is more aesthetic than anything, is a bit of a problem with some avatars on the VM page.
tumblr_m0fowyXfUv1rqp4smo1_400.png

Compare the top VM with the last three VMs.

That being said, good luck with everything!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cassiopeia

No more massacres.
One thing I have noticed, and this is more aesthetic than anything, is a bit of a problem with some avatars on the VM page.
tumblr_m0fowyXfUv1rqp4smo1_400.png

Compare the top VM with the last three VMs.

That being said, good luck with everything!
I think that's because sprites are transparent.
Also, I agree with erik destler. Bulbagarden skins are way better.

D

Deleted member 11515

Just a small suggestion/question: are you going to stick with descriptive URLs for topics/forums/etc ([noparse]http://www.serebiiforums.com/member.php?11515-Erik-Destler[/noparse] versus [noparse]http://www.serebiiforums.com/member.php?u=11515[/noparse]) or are you going to back to the the way it was? :O
That is one thing I do prefer. But..it's not that big of a deal. n_n

~Light

Can the button on the top left that links to Serebii.net directly link to the homepage? Cause if you click it now you still have to click "Enter Site".

Flame Mistress

Are you planning to add more skins after the Dark/Poison/Flying-Type ones? Or are you just gonna stick with them? I hope you're gonna add more, because to be honest I didn't like any of those in the previous version.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
How about Gym Leader skins? That would be cool :) or each PKMN Trainer character.. Maybe shiny forms of PKMN

The new layout of the forums really looks like AnimeLeague in my opinion, nya~

That is because they're both vBulletin (although that forum is running on version 4.1.9) ; did you think every vBulletin board would get a unique update?

Last edited:

M4zz

Banned
As I have said far too many times, we are still building skins. We had to do these two quickly.

So are there going to be new skins?

Dunno if this has been brought up, but when I log in using the "remember me" function, I get an invalid url message.

Yellow De Viridian Grove

I just wondering if you could make the notification bar thing brighter. I totally missed the fact that I had a PM until a day later. Just wondering if it could be more noticeable or not. (This was using the Serebii.net style skin btw)

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Uhh.. i was registered there since last year, nothing changed, nya~

vBulletin 4 has been out for well over a year

I just wondering if you could make the notification bar thing brighter. I totally missed the fact that I had a PM until a day later. Just wondering if it could be more noticeable or not. (This was using the Serebii.net style skin btw)

Will do some fiddling

Status
Not open for further replies.