• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Forums Suggestion Thread - 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this was already asked in the Upgrade thread, but 26 pages. Is there any way to make links a little more conspicuous on the Black & White skin? They look almost exactly like everything else.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 11515

+1ing that suggestion

Also, this is a small suggestion, and I'm sure it's been suggested before, but never by me so.. would there be any way of changing the time between reports to 45 seconds or even 30 seconds? :3

oh oh i thought of something else
seeing as how it is technically 2012 and whatnot and the dawn of a new internet, why not up the gif limit in signatures to no larger than 1mb (assuming it's not hosted on SPPf)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragard

I wasn't even there.
Adding support for the app Tapatalk would be great. It's an app that makes forums easy to use on mobile devices. I believe it is free to activate.

http://www.tapatalk.com/index.php

SkyGardevoir

Gone Mon. to Thurs.
On the topic of new Skins, why not make some for the Villainous Teams? (Like a Team Rocket one with Giovanni, Mewtwo, and Grunts, a Team Magma one with Maxie, Grunts, and Groudon, a Team Aqua one with Archie, Grunts, and Kyogre, a Team Galactic one with the commanders, Cyrus, Giratina, Dialga, and Palkia, and a Team Plasma one with Zekrom, Reshiram, N, and Grunts?)

Cruxis

Banned
Serebiiforums should add a rep/neg system (srs)
Lettuce be cereal, a rep/neg system would improve the forum and the community.

For those of you who are unaware, the system gives every member rep/neg points. They have the ability to add reputation or take away reputation from other members.

Reputation should be given to people who post meaningful, helpful, and thoughtful posts. Any post that contributes to the thread in a positive way probably deserves positive reputation. This does not mean that you agree with what was said; the point brought up may be completely opposite to what you believe, but it may be a good point nonetheless, and worthy of a pat on the back. Giving positive reputation to someone because they are your friend and deserve to have a few more green dots next to their name probably isn't a good reason to give positive reputation.

Negative reputation should be given if the person is posting something that detracts from the conversation. If the post is rude, inappropriate, breaks forum rules, is not gracious, etc; these are all good reasons to give negative reputation. If you have a personal grudge with someone, their team, etc, is it not appropriate to give them negative reputation for no reason. Giving negative reputation because you don't agree with what was said is not an appropraite use of the reputation system. People are entitled to their own opinions, and just because you don't agree doesn't mean the user was wrong or not contributing to the conversation.

This system would help identify the good, contributing members of the forum and the bad members that should be ignored. Ive seen lots of forums with the system, serebii joe implement it you cheeky kunt or i will wreck u i swear

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
We had the reputation system on here before and from my understanding of that history it didn't work out too well (it basically got abused).

Cruxis

Banned
Ive been on this place since 04 i have no memory at all of the system

But i left for like 4 years so nvm

Still want the rep/neg system to get another shot tho

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
Ive been on this place since 04 i have no memory at all of the system

But i left for like 4 years so nvm

Still want the rep/neg system to get another shot tho

That would be cool. I've seen several popular forums with rep/neg systems. A little bit of recognition (in either direction) can do a lot of people some good. But at the same time, on a forum board as competitive as SPPf, it can be way too easily abused, like b&b mentioned.

D

Deleted member 11515

I remember the Rep system. It was really annoying. I remember a few topics would be made everytime someone got like..negative rep or st.
..I remember giving someone negative rep once, and they PMed me about it. ..That'd be their fault for making a flop post tho!!

If it were to come back, it'd have to be anon (because if someone gave someone negative rep publicly, the person could potentially just go neg rep a bunch of that person's posts as revenge)..and, then that would probably be used to troll. Believe it or not, not everyone here on SPPf is respectable/responsible enough to deal with such a system.

I hate to be a naysayer, but that's just SPPf for ya.

Dangertrout

I know there are more important things to think about right now, but I wanted to make an addition to this:
Would it make sense to combine all the shiny discussion threads into just one?
I see one for each generation, in which other generations are discussed anyways.
I also recall seeing a generic one in the general pokemon discussion sub-forum.
Since the shiny hunters tend to hunt in multiple games at once, maybe just the one general one would be better? Just a thought..

If there isn't going to be a merger to all the shiny threads, could we at least see a little rule enforcement so we don't have to hear about platinum chaining in the 5th gen thread anymore?

Cruxis

Banned
I cant belive i missed out on the rep system. Fukk. I am actually upset.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
On the topic of new Skins, why not make some for the Villainous Teams? (Like a Team Rocket one with Giovanni, Mewtwo, and Grunts, a Team Magma one with Maxie, Grunts, and Groudon, a Team Aqua one with Archie, Grunts, and Kyogre, a Team Galactic one with the commanders, Cyrus, Giratina, Dialga, and Palkia, and a Team Plasma one with Zekrom, Reshiram, N, and Grunts?)

We'll see how it goes after we've done seventeen type themes. Lets not get ahead of things here please, skins are being rolled out slowly, not all at once.

~Kari~

There should be an "away" check box. If you check it when you're away like if you go eat dinner or take a shower or whatever, it won't log you out and it shows in your status or by putting an icon by your username. I hate it when I get logged out just when I go to the bathroom or something.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Is this normal?!
[img139]http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/4323/ermc.png[/img139]
There's not TAG things there :/ nya~

Your settings are defaulted to Standard Editor, go into your options and change them to WYSIWYG or Advanced to get the tags back.

There should be an "away" check box. If you check it when you're away like if you go eat dinner or take a shower or whatever, it won't log you out and it shows in your status or by putting an icon by your username. I hate it when I get logged out just when I go to the bathroom or something.

Use 'remember me' to stop being logged out. It's a forum, not a chat room, unless you are chatting to someone in VM, I can't see any reason why you need to alert anyone that you're going to be away for a few minutes.

Cruxis

Banned
So bro.. How about dat der rep/neg system? It should be given another chance man.

Srs.

M4zz

Banned
Much like Smogon has, maybe a thing at the bottom of a page that shows who's viewing the thread you're viewing?

And I opt that the forums becomes a fascist society and that everyone with less than 500 posts be IP banned. A man can dream, can he not?

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Oh thanks :3 They're back XD

Btw, since the upgrade, I can never read any text in my phone on thread posts and PM's.
All I see is the username, location, usertitle, userbar postcount, Join date and posts - thats it and everything else is blank. Is there a way to fix this? D: nya~

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Are you using the mobile skin? And if so then maybe it is just the phone's browser issues or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.