• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Forums Suggestion Thread - 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PerseusRad

I see you. And you.
An idea I just had would enable us to send a message along with your friend request to another user. Ex: User A: Hey let's be friends, because you seem really nice. *Message sent*
User B: That's a nice message *Accept*
It would be a little more convenient and would increase the chance of making a new friend. That is all.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
An idea I just had would enable us to send a message along with your friend request to another user. Ex: User A: Hey let's be friends, because you seem really nice. *Message sent*
User B: That's a nice message *Accept*
It would be a little more convenient and would increase the chance of making a new friend. That is all.

Can't you just send a PM or VM to speak to the person first? You'd increase the chance of making a friend by making conversation first, not just asking them out of the blue because you've read a few of their posts and decided you like them.

PerseusRad

I see you. And you.
Can't you just send a PM or VM to speak to the person first? You'd increase the chance of making a friend by making conversation first, not just asking them out of the blue because you've read a few of their posts and decided you like them.

Yes you can, but as you know they can block off PMs and VMs for people who aren't their friends. That makes it impossible to speak with them through the aforementioned ways. I know for a fact that Kirby had blocked off both a while ago.

I'm suggesting that the Pokemon Anime and Pokemon Manga discussion boards are merged. Same goes for Alternate.

I kinda don't see the point of having two seperate boards. If I'm correct, most anime's have manga and they're pretty much the same storyline, right?

Just an idea I had.

Flame Mistress

Yes you can, but as you know they can block off PMs and VMs for people who aren't their friends. That makes it impossible to speak with them through the aforementioned ways. I know for a fact that Kirby had blocked off both a while ago.

You can easily make friends just by getting to know each other on threads, whether it be by idle chatting on the Count to 60 Thread or discussing stuff at GPD. Besides, chances are that if you don't know them they'll just ignore your request anyway.

You can easily make friends just by getting to know each other on threads, whether it be by idle chatting on the Count to 60 Thread or discussing stuff at GPD. Besides, chances are that if you don't know them they'll just ignore your request anyway.

Not true. There are a bunch of people on here who will accept random friend requests.
You never know. That person you just rejected could've been one of your best friends. That's how I look at it.

Meowth City

Staff member
^ Aye, I'm one of those people who will accept random requests as long as the person requesting seems like a nice individual. However, I almost never initiate any requests myself.

Flame Mistress

Not true. There are a bunch of people on here who will accept random friend requests.
You never know. That person you just rejected could've been one of your best friends. That's how I look at it.

There's also a bunch of people like me who won't ever accept random friend requests. Seriously, strangers used to friend request me, I accepted them, then they wouldn't say a word to me, not even when I tried to start a conversation. What's the point of having a long list of friends who you can't keep track of?

To be honest, I got all my current good friends by getting to know them first in various forums. Maybe with the exception of fizzay, but still.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
There's also a bunch of people like me who won't ever accept random friend requests. Seriously, strangers used to friend request me, I accepted them, then they wouldn't say a word to me, not even when I tried to start a conversation. What's the point of having a long list of friends who you can't keep track of?

To be honest, I got all my current good friends by getting to know them first in various forums. Maybe with the exception of fizzay, but still.

This is me to a point. I've never accepted random requests, I always insist on people making an effort first. I even tell people who send me the request, but few in any go to the effort. I understand your want to let the person know why you want to be friends with them, but IRL, you don't walk up to someone and go "hey lets be friends because I saw you and seem nice". In order to become friends you get to know that person through conversation. If all we had to do was look approachable, we'd all be drowning in friends, instead of having a group of people we call real friends. IMO, anyone that blocks VMs and PMs to only their friends is someone who wants their friends to have earned the privilege. Anyone who has an open Profile (such as myself or Flame Mistress) you can try your luck but don't keep your hopes up. Anyone who accepts friends requests because they think the number on their profile denotes how popular they are, well knock yourself out. It doesn't.

Also; I don't think it's possible to send a message with a friend request.

Forum suggestions: Give RaZoR LeAf a 25% cost of living increase/raise/

Let's see... Multiply 0 by .25 (25%) and you still wind up with 0.
Mods don't get paid for doing their jobs.

Flame Mistress

Another suggestion: Mods should get paid. *shot*

Jokes aside, I noticed that the Quick Navigation scrollbar thing went missing after the forum update. Is there any way it can be restored?

G50

No longer posting
1) Would it be possible to alter what Invisible Mode means? Where Online/Offline is still shown, but everything else is not.

2) Mentions notifications, where it would let you know when your username is mentioned in a post.

3) instead of showing just the number of people viewing subforums and threads, have the names listed at the bottom.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Another suggestion: Mods should get paid. *shot*

Jokes aside, I noticed that the Quick Navigation scrollbar thing went missing after the forum update. Is there any way it can be restored?
I like the first one. =p

And it's still there, or leastways for me. Should be just below the page-select part of threads/sections.
1) Would it be possible to alter what Invisible Mode means? Where Online/Offline is still shown, but everything else is not.

2) Mentions notifications, where it would let you know when your username is mentioned in a post.

3) instead of showing just the number of people viewing subforums and threads, have the names listed at the bottom.
1 Idk about that (depends on the forum software) but isn't invisible meant to hide whether you are online or offline?
2) That's probably an add-on/hac, not sure if Joe changed his mind with those now.
3) I don't mind this (and it is possible going off other forums), although testing might need to be done on how much that affects the server...?

G50

No longer posting
And it's still there, or leastways for me. Should be just below the page-select part of threads/sections.
1 Idk about that (depends on the forum software) but isn't invisible meant to hide whether you are online or offline?
2) That's probably an add-on/hac, not sure if Joe changed his mind with those now.
3) I don't mind this (and it is possible going off other forums), although testing might need to be done on how much that affects the server...?

Invisible hides - offline/online, when a user was last on, and what they are doing and looking at.
I think if it's possible, whether a user is offline or online should still be shown, but the other two invisibility features should definitely be kept, since they prevent stalkers, etc. from knowing what they're doing.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Invisible hides - offline/online, when a user was last on, and what they are doing and looking at.
I think if it's possible, whether a user is offline or online should still be shown, but the other two invisibility features should definitely be kept, since they prevent stalkers, etc. from knowing what they're doing.
One can argue that the offline/online thing also stops stalkers (provided you're worried about that) though. I don't imagine it's possible (but it's an admin thing) to see if you can let users customise those features themselves, and I'd think there'd need to be a fair bit of support and reasoning to remove the offline/online part of it for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.