• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Forums Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
No the smilies are horrible. Nobody uses them unless they are spamming. Nobody puts them in a team list because the name of the pokemon is much easier to interprete than a silly flapping 2 frame gif. And the smilies are technically in order. It's the number of the pokemon between two semi-colons. Find out the number and use it. The fact that when there are lots of smilies on a page the slowdown crated by the animations is annnoying.

Sird

Johto native
No the smilies are horrible. Nobody uses them unless they are spamming. Nobody puts them in a team list because the name of the pokemon is much easier to interprete than a silly flapping 2 frame gif. And the smilies are technically in order. It's the number of the pokemon between two semi-colons. Find out the number and use it. The fact that when there are lots of smilies on a page the slowdown crated by the animations is annnoying.

I suggest removing them completely to prevernt spam, it is useless anyway, keep it in the "Edit Signature" area though.

lugia100

Like a boss!
I suggest removing them completely to prevernt spam, it is useless anyway, keep it in the "Edit Signature" area though.
Sird is right. You should only keep them in the edit signature area since the signature is mostly the only place where people put smilies on.

Dark Arceus

Worst. Name. Ever.
Although I use these smilies :))) occasionally, the pokemon are no use to me, so I would put the pokemon in the edit signature area (like everyone else) but keep the faces in.

007pikachu

ohhhhhhh yeah
I think that they should be placed in order probobly alphabetical because one day I looks for abnasnow and it took me TEN MINUTES

Blazios

I think that they should be placed in order probobly alphabetical because one day I looks for abnasnow and it took me TEN MINUTES

All you have to do is looks for it's dex number, then surround the number in semicolons.

;460;

See? That took me ten seconds.

Star Dust

live let live.
Why not be able to choose user ranks? Once at a high enough rank, you can choose all those ones behind it. Post counts are worthless anyway.

BarryL

Can we put this site on a better server so it can handle the extra users at the one time? I found it almost impossible to connect, let alone post on here last night. The site is constantly slow. (No, I'm not on a 56k connection).

Star Dust

live let live.
Can we put this site on a better server so it can handle the extra users at the one time? I found it almost impossible to connect, let alone post on here last night. The site is constantly slow. (No, I'm not on a 56k connection).

Not Happening

* Custom Avatars
* Donations
* Server Change
* Spam Forum

Read the first page. And this server is one of the best.

Dragon Dude

Serebii Forums
Suggestions Thread

2008 Edition

As with the old version this thread is for Serebii Forums suggestions. It is not for the site, and as such any posts regarding the main site will be considered SPAM. There are lists here at the start that I will keep updated at the end of every month that list ideas that have been taken into consideration or shot down.

Not Happening

• Custom Avatars
  • Donations
  • Server Change
  • Spam Forum

Taken Under Consideration

• Rename Fan Art Requests to Fan Shops and require Mod Approval
  • Enable Post Count in Digital Media section/Disable post count in Fan-Comics
  • Add Google Talk to list of available IMs
  • Removal of Pokemon Smilies
  • Removal of Thread ratings
  • Strike-Through tag
  • Smash Brothers Brawl Avatars
  • DP Anime Avatars
  • DP TCG Avatars
  • RBY Sugimori Art Avatars (not FRLG)
  • Over modding in Shipping Forum
  • Post Count banners turn on/off
  • Update Banners on all Skins
  • Fixing the text size glitch in sigs
  • Genders visible in posts
  • DP subforum for leagues, tournaments, etc.
  • Updated stickies for individual forums. Rules, FAQs, guides, etc.
  • Optional Swear Filter
  • Misc. Face-Offs
  • Thread starter ability to edit thread title

Shot Down - Official Response

Completed

why no spam forum
spam forums stop spam elsewhere

Dragon Dude

also idk if this is just me but i cannot see all of the avatars when i am selecting an avatar i can't see most of them

BarryL

Read the first page. And this server is one of the best.

Then an upgrade perhaps? The sever can't seem to handle the excess load.

I'd recommend cutting down on signatures. Some sigs are just huge, perhaps put a lower limit on their size - it might actually help. When you have almost everyone putting larger-than-necessary pictures on their sigs, it creates a problem. Maybe even restrict putting pics on sigs altogether... that may at least let more people connect at once. Especially for those who are overseas.

Spam forums are useless and lag the server more.

So are oversized signature pics.

Has the admin considered paid forum subscriptions as well, well... for certain services? That is one way to ease the burden of maintaining a server.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
We will not charge people for services they can get free elsewhere. There are also minors who come here who have no form of payment and so it is not fair.

Signatures also have next to no effect on anything regarding the server as all sig images are hosted out of the forum server and so its yuor computer accessing the server that those images are hosted on and not our server

The server doesnt need upgrading, it is as powerful as you can get...the problem is forums of the size of Serebii.net usually need 2 or more servers in order to work right and at the moment with the recession in the US and all its not currently financially viable

MBlack475

Falcon PUNCH!!!
here's a crazy thought we could have everyone in the forum who wants to, donate some money for an additional server. and we only do this every couple of years when spp and sppf need more room and more speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.