• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Forums Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prinplup

Super, super =D
How about, every year, all the users get 1 FREE POkemon (with EVs and everything) for Christmas?

That's impossible since there are over 10,000 users on the forum.

But I like the idea of new skins. I like the Firered & Leafgreen one because it seems very Christmasy but I use the Dark Type Pokemon one.

Last edited:

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
How about, every year, all the users get 1 FREE POkemon (with EVs and everything) for Christmas?

as the others said, it would be impossible for the staff to organize considering there are over 100,000 accounts registered on this forum. however, if a user wishes to organize this and give out free pokemon to some people, i'm sure that would be reasonable.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
What do you mean by birthday avatars?

aclover

VICTORiOUS
can we have this as and avvietar please?
id like this and i think others will too.

FlameRose

Um...I thought of an idea. The anime section has a sub-forum, the Character Discussions. Far as I've seen, it's worked out great, and there's been some great conversations. Now...could the manga section maybe get a similar sub-forum? I think it'd work out nicely, since it seems no particuliar manga character from any of the manga's are hated, so you could pretty much discuss Special, DPA!, Magical Pokemon Journey, and all the others. If the mods feel like this won't work, I understand.

siburke939

<------ my 1st shiny
as the others said, it would be impossible for the staff to organize considering there are over 100,000 accounts registered on this forum. however, if a user wishes to organize this and give out free pokemon to some people, i'm sure that would be reasonable.

maybe a mod could make a "secret santa" thread where the mod PM's everyone that wants to be involved & they pick numbers & one person must trade a special pokemon to the other person or something?

obviously i've put little-to-no thought into the actual logistics but they often do it on a transformers forum i post at (but with real TF's) & it's great fun

Kyogre911

now getting tsutaja
i don't know if it has been said before, and i know it sounds pretty dumb, but i wish there was some place we could speculate games yet to come(5th gen). it would be very controlled, of course, to keep it from getting filled with spam, but i think it would be a very popular topic. also, it could be divided into several different topics, each one about something very specific. bulbagarden and pokecommunity both have speculation things like that, and i think serebii should get one as well.

godudette

/me cresselias
Okay. So here's an idea. Why can't you just delete threads that (new) members post with a stupid question that could easily be answered in either a question thread or by reading one of the many articles located on Serebii? They kind of just clog up the boards and are really annoying as is. Besides, post counts don't mean anything anyways.

I don't know... maybe this is easier said than done, but I think it could limit stupidity and spam on the boards.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
maybe a mod could make a "secret santa" thread where the mod PM's everyone that wants to be involved & they pick numbers & one person must trade a special pokemon to the other person or something?

obviously i've put little-to-no thought into the actual logistics but they often do it on a transformers forum i post at (but with real TF's) & it's great fun

And how many members does this forum have? Mods don't have time to PM the hundreds, possibly into the thousands of members that would want to take part. We opened a name change thread and it got 4000 replies in less than a month, if we opened a thread offering free pokemon for trade then it would be swamped, and nobody wants to waste their time sending out thousands of PMs. Not to mention that if said pokemon didn't have perfect IVs, or wasn't shiny, then the member would no doubt cry about it forever.

i don't know if it has been said before, and i know it sounds pretty dumb, but i wish there was some place we could speculate games yet to come(5th gen). it would be very controlled, of course, to keep it from getting filled with spam, but i think it would be a very popular topic. also, it could be divided into several different topics, each one about something very specific. bulbagarden and pokecommunity both have speculation things like that, and i think serebii should get one as well.

We had one. It turned into a "I want a Posison/Electric type legendary and the moves it should have are..." "that would be great, i want days of the week" "oh cool so the 5th gen will have days of the week" "omg I heard it will be in Kanto again and you can get an Arceus egg". So did all the others. We've learnt from experience. Bulbagarden is a community where people aren't incapable of staying on topic, here people start rambling off on any old crap instead of speculating.

And besides, what's to speculate on? There is NOTHING known about the 5th gen. You may as well speculate on the 20th gen, we know the same amount about both. 5th Gen topics are banned. Make a Social Group.

Okay. So here's an idea. Why can't you just delete threads that (new) members post with a stupid question that could easily be answered in either a question thread or by reading one of the many articles located on Serebii? They kind of just clog up the boards and are really annoying as is. Besides, post counts don't mean anything anyways.

I don't know... maybe this is easier said than done, but I think it could limit stupidity and spam on the boards.

If they don't read the thread in the first place, then deleting the threads isn't going to change anything, they'll post again AND post asking where their topic went/why was it closed. And no, post counts don't mean anything, unless you are OBSESSED with the shitty little banner under your name, which 80% of the forum are.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I have a suggestion that probably will be rejected:

we could have a Trou-de-cru type of section like smogon has.
where you put the ridiculous and outright hilarious spam threads into one section (locked of course)

feel free to blow these suggestions off, if you want.

EDIT:

for a dumb idea.

Last edited:

aclover

VICTORiOUS
can we have this as and avvietar please?
id like this and i think others will too.

reposting because no one answered me...
also; why cant we have more card avvies like the prof rowan card?

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
I have a suggestion that probably will be rejected:

we could have a Trou-de-cru type of section like smogon has.
where you put the ridiculous and outright hilarious spam threads into one section (locked of course)

feel free to blow these suggestions off, if you want.

EDIT:

for a dumb idea.

SPAM forums are as requested as Custom Avatars. They have the same response. No chance in hell.

reposting because no one answered me...
also; why cant we have more card avvies like the prof rowan card?

This is a forum suggestion thread, not an avatar request thread.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I absolutely knew that idea was going to be shot down!

I have a feeling this one is too:

More mods for the CRMT.
That place has gone from a beutiful sunny patch of sunflowers to a burning fiery hell.
Oh, and mods that know how to rate and competitively battle pokemon.

randomspot555

More mods for the CRMT.

To my knowledge, CRMT doesn't have any specific mods at the moment. It's just Smods and up managing it. Iggly stepped down in Novemeber.

I'd just as soon get rid of the forum since it is one of the lesser active forums, no one reads the stickies so most of the posts there REALLY belong in In-Game RMT, and it can't seem to hold onto a mod for long (probably due to all the SPAM rather than the quality of former mods). For one of the lesser traffic forums, it seems to require a lot of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.