• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Forums Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
^actually jess is added there as a listed mod, but obviously being an admin she has a lot of other things to do.

anyways, staffing issues are taken care of by the current staff members. don't suggest more/less mods or certain people for mod because it won't be listened to. we're dealing with crmt as we see fit.

I absolutely knew that idea was going to be shot down!

I have a feeling this one is too:

More mods for the CRMT.
That place has gone from a beutiful sunny patch of sunflowers to a burning fiery hell.
Oh, and mods that know how to rate and competitively battle pokemon.

The only reason I added myself to this forum is that it would have a moderator listed in case anyone needed to contact a mod about something in here. Thats it. As an admin, I mod all forums, so without that reason adding myself would be pointless because I could just mod in here anyway. I never claimed to be the main mod of this forum, or the one to "take care" of it. Basically, there is NO mod assigned to this forum and their wont be until the staff agrees on someone.

10characters

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
Here's an idea, a quiz people have to complete before they can post on the forums, with questions to make sure that people know where topics go, how to delete double posts ect.

Sure people could get round it, but it could help a little.

randomspot555

Here's an idea, a quiz people have to complete before they can post on the forums, with questions to make sure that people know where topics go, how to delete double posts ect.

Sure people could get round it, but it could help a little.

Rather than force a quiz on everyone, infraction system acts as Darwinism.

Scrible

Am I the only one who thinks a thread for trading EV'd pokemon should exist? I think it would help a lot since a lot of people ask for those in return for something else.

I dunno, there are threads for items/pokerus, events, shiny pokemon; why not EV'd pokes?

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
I think we should have the power to block certain people from posting on our profile. Ya know, instead of blocking all the people that arn't your friends, you just block one person.

I think we should have the power to block certain people from posting on our profile. Ya know, instead of blocking all the people that arn't your friends, you just block one person.

I'm almost certain that you can edit your profile so that anyone on your ignore list can't post on your profile. I think. Not entirely sure, you ought to check that out.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Sadly, you cannot. And I do not like reporting people. I guess I'm outta luck.

Yeah, you can. Just edit the Profile Privacy. Anyone on your ignore list can't see the posts on the profile and thus, can't reply to anything.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
You can if you set it to "registered users." I've never tried it myself but multiple people have said that setting it to registered users only blocks Guests and people on your Ignore list.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Alright.

I have a suggestion that isn't quite dumb (i hopes)

How about a button on the forums to report a whole thread?
Like with multiple spam threads, or people spamming a single thread, all you have to do is click "report thread"!

(probably will get shot down)

randomspot555

Alright.

I have a suggestion that isn't quite dumb (i hopes)

How about a button on the forums to report a whole thread?
Like with multiple spam threads, or people spamming a single thread, all you have to do is click "report thread"!

(probably will get shot down)

If the report system works like other vbulletin boards I'm on, the report has a link to the offending post, so it isn't too hard to see the thread.

I personally just make a note in the report. Something like "this entire page (link) has a lot of rule breaking posts from (users)."

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Yeah, just say in the report message "this whole thread is full of spam" or something. If the mod is reading his/her reports, he/she will read the message you put :p

I have a suggestion.

You know how there's a lot of spam threads about? Well, I've tried, and you can still find them with the search function after they've been closed and fallen off the last page. I'm guessing that they still add to forum lag. If they don't add to forum lag after falling off the last page, it's bound to slow down the search function (not sure about all that, could someone correct me if I'm wrong?).

So, how about deleting spam threads after they fall onto the last page?

That's only if spam threads actually add to forum lag or slow down the search function. If they don't, then I don't mind spam threads being left to die.

If that confuses you, I'll be glad to explain.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Deleting threads has been suggested many times but it's not going to happen for a few reasons:
1) People don't know what they did wrong if their thread just gets deleted, and they might just remake it again. I know you said after it falls beyond the first page, but in an active section people still might not see it before it gets deleted.
2) Closed threads show people what not to do and can still have good information in them. For example, questions that are posted outside the Help Threads in various game forums get closed, but someone searching for an answer might still be able to find it in the closed thread.
3) It probably wouldn't help lag anyway because when threads get "deleted" they really aren't gone; they're soft-deleted so that mods can see them but members can't. Smods and up can permanently remove posts and threads, but it's usually not used because we need to have the thread records to see why someone was punished and stuff.

So yeah. There you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.