• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Forums Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeyre

Banned
Is it possible that you could get the original sprites in there? I mean, it stops at Ruby/Sapphire and I was looking for an original Abra sprite to be my avatar.

So, if you can't get what im saying. I suggest putting the original R/B/Y and G/S/C sprites in there

I'd like to see some pokemon personality surveys. I've done some of those kinds of things on other websites, but those are just ones I come across when googling random pokemon stuff.
For example:
What pokemon type are you?
What Kanto gym leader are you? Johto? Hoenn? Sinnoh?
What starter/evo are you from gen 1? 2? 3? 4?
What legendary pokemon are you?

Just use questions like they have at the start of the MD games and work from there. It probably wouldn't be hard.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
I'd like to see some pokemon personality surveys. I've done some of those kinds of things on other websites, but those are just ones I come across when googling random pokemon stuff.
For example:
What pokemon type are you?
What Kanto gym leader are you? Johto? Hoenn? Sinnoh?
What starter/evo are you from gen 1? 2? 3? 4?
What legendary pokemon are you?

Just use questions like they have at the start of the MD games and work from there. It probably wouldn't be hard.

You are quite welcome to do that yourself, but considering how many times in the past the mods have had to tell people the images from those quizzes have broken the (then) sig rules, I doubt any of them will want to waste their time making them. There is also nothing stopping you putting the results form other sites in your sig.

Personally I think the quizzes are ridiculous and never a representation of anything remotely similar to what a person is or thinks.

~:Shadow:~

Okay, I don't know if this has been said before, but the signature rules have to be a bit more lenient, as I have noticed they are way too specific. Yes, I don't know how exactly this could be done, but I still hope that those rules become less strict, in a way or another.

(Hopes he doesn't get flamed)

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Uh, we JUST completely changed the signature rules that have been up since 2006 or so, and every single person who has commented on them has said they are much more lenient than the former signature rules. I really don't see them changing again anytime soon.

Got another spam thread related suggestion:

Why not make it so that threads have to be approved by a mod?
Places like misc. and general pokemon discussion could do with it. I've seen threads in misc saying:
"how do I use custum avatar plz help"
"how do I get image for my sig"
"how to get to sleep"
"serebii is ****"
and many advertising threads and trolling attempts. Many good threads have been pushed right back by pointless spam threads. This has happened in many forums, but it seems to be quite bad in misc. and general pokemon discussion.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
If people are going to post asking stupid questions, or to troll and they find their post isn't appearing, they'll find somewhere else to post it. We can't put every forum on mod approval, or the mods will get so fed up of approving everything that nobody will want to mod here, nothing will get approved and it'll go back to being non-approval. Etc.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
If people are going to post asking stupid questions, or to troll and they find their post isn't appearing, they'll find somewhere else to post it. We can't put every forum on mod approval, or the mods will get so fed up of approving everything that nobody will want to mod here, nothing will get approved and it'll go back to being non-approval. Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.