• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Forums Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

007pikachu

ohhhhhhh yeah
MBlack475,

Well, let's just start with the newest 10000, shall we? ;)

Wouldn't it be smarter for the oldest non bosses to go because they have had time on the site

:)

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Okay i know that RaZoR LeAf said that there are no custom avatars but take this into consideration. How about just once a year for only a certain amount of time members can upload their own custom avatar if they have a high enough *level* (the little thing that says sppf staff or one of the ingame character) or has posted a high number of posts. during that time, almost no one does anything on serebii except uploading avatars of course to try and keep bandwidth low as possible. just a thought

Members of a high enough level do have custom avatars. They're staff. Other than that: no custom avatars = no custom avatars. Simple as. Besides, post count is not a valid way to determine things.

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
Wouldn't it be smarter for the oldest non bosses to go because they have had time on the site
Yes, but they are generally, on average, OVER 9000% MOAR SMARTUR than the newer 10000. And plus, I'd bet a fair share that that number would include me. D: Regardless, I digress.
RL, why isn't the FAQ in the Help Section locked? And perhaps a more comprehensive glossary of general terms and emoticons? The way of text is changing all around us constantly. :(
And at the first post, what is the difference between "Not Happening" and "Shot Down - Official Response"?

MBlack475

Falcon PUNCH!!!
Yes I know staff are high

Members of a high enough level do have custom avatars. They're staff. Other than that: no custom avatars = no custom avatars. Simple as. Besides, post count is not a valid way to determine things.
I mean non-staff that are still high up there

and if you still say no to custom avatars for non-staff can whoever is in charge of the avatars add some 3d pokemon pics both shiny and non-shiny

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
I mean non-staff that are still high up there

and if you still say no to custom avatars for non-staff can whoever is in charge of the avatars add some 3d pokemon pics both shiny and non-shiny
RL kindly declined your offer of "non-staff", he obviously got the hint that you dropped.
No, there'd be too much ruckus and buckus about who got the avatars and who didn't. And plus it'd be a pain in the *** to manage.

Stormplayer27

pokemon is boring
RL kindly declined your offer of "non-staff", he obviously got the hint that you dropped.
No, there'd be too much ruckus and buckus about who got the avatars and who didn't. And plus it'd be a pain in the *** to manage.
i think it would also make more lag

Azure Wolf

Post count should be enabled in the digital media section, if members can have +1 postcount in the fan-comics section then I can't see why the digital media section can't have it activated. Graphics are anyway very poorly encouraged here and enabling post count would make more people post to give C&C and comments as now the section is turning virtually dead.

And then again, members who post graphics made from hard work need some more posts, while each and every comic in the comic section, whether its good or not get loads of posts in moments.

Seriously :(

I think I said "seriously" with a :(

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
http://i8.*******.com/6u9choh.png​

Read my first post. There are lists here at the start that I will keep updated at the end of every month that list ideas that have been taken into consideration or shot down. Things are not going to get done instantly.

PS> Feel free to put your medal in your sig. After that massive achivement you deserve it.

Last edited:

Sird

Johto native
Most importantly you need a better server cuz this tremendous lag gets annoying

For goodness sake, stop complaining, do you know how much Joe pays for the server a month? It totals to over a hundred dollars. And ... the server we are on are already the best money can buy. The lag is lessing day by day anyway.

[Have the D/P craze die? D:]

007pikachu

ohhhhhhh yeah
Most importantly you need a better server cuz this tremendous lag gets annoying
yah it's annoying but live with it! I found out it worked best in the morning so now I wake up early to go on this site

blueparukia

The Sexy Nerd
Umm...I pay over $100 for my server,that's peanuts - Joe pays over $900 for his. If I tried hosting Serebii on my cheap server, it would fail almost instantaneosly, and I'd use all my bandwith in a fortnight.

The site isn't getting a new server (Serebii needs either an incredibly high spec server that makes this one look cheap, or spread the site across multiple servers). So we have to live with it - and besides their are other places to go...

Unfortunately dedicated servers on a 1Gbits line cost a lot of money :( And it is considerably too much for a hobby site.

blueparukia

The Sexy Nerd
Actually HTML itself is not a security error, that would be use of <script> tags, which can be easily ratified with a vBulletin hack....but reall, I don't see the point of HTML in sigs...you can already do all the formatting you could do with HTML, and using things like divs with background colours would wreck the layout...

Status
Not open for further replies.