• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Forums Suggestions Thread 2013 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Serebii Forums Suggestions Thread™

Got a suggestion that you think will make the forums a better place?
Now with 100% less false Mayan predictions!

Things not to ask about
Seriously read this, it's changed a bit since last year.

Name Changes
Name changes now happen twice a year. Turns out it really wasn't an April Fool... or was it?

Custom Avatars
Explanation from JoshYEAH & Serebii.
Still not going to happen.

Spam Forums
The Games forum may suit your desires.
Alternatively, open a word document and write what you want in that. No harm done to anyone, and you've vented your spam.

New Server / Upgrade to latest VBulletin
We got the server fixed at the start of 2011, and upgraded to the newest VBulletin in March 2012.

Changes to the Infraction Point System
Any queries about said system will most likely be answered here.
If you want to contest an infraction, then you should do so with the mod who issued it. If you still wish to go further, then post in the Staff Contact Forum.

Changes to the Mod Team
Any grievances you have with a moderator should be directed towards an admin (list near the bottom of this page), or posted in the Staff Contact Forum.

Changes to the Sig Rules
They were changed way back in December 2009, and made a lot more user friendly, check them out here.

Donations
Serebii doesn't want donations, and likely never will.

Anything related to the Website and not the Forums
Go to this thread if you have anything to suggest regarding Serebii.net.

Social Groups
Not happening, don't even bother.

Fan Game Forums

Last edited:

TheEliteEmpoleon

How about a new official claim a pokemon thread when Generation VI's pokemon are all revealed. I'd be willing to doit myself if I had to.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
What you posted before, it looks like that isn't possible without a forum add on, which as we all know, Serebii doesn't go for.

As for the other. Well when it happens on the forums it's because your cookies have messed up with the different styles being loaded, and deleting them resolves it. I imagine doing the same would work on your iphone too.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Also, changing your skin to something else and then back again to the skin you want should remedy the problem.

Anyway, this is a really minor thing but I figured I'd suggest it anyway. There are a few sub-forum names/descriptions that have "Pokemon" in them, instead of "Pokémon" like most of them have. Could those sub-forum names be tweaked so there's uniformity and consistency? As I said, it's nothing urgent or important but figured it could be nice.

For reference, the sections that need updating are:
- Pokemon Black 2 & White 2 Discussion
- Competitive Pokemon (the parent forum)
-- Competitive Discussion's description
-- POTW Collaboration's description
- Pokemon Ranger Discussion and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Discussion (subforums of Other Pokemon Games)
- Challenge Forum's description

I'm pretty sure that's all of them.

hevver

Heart of Darkness
Who screenshots and uploads the avatars? I know I'm not the only one that some (most) of the avatars are distasteful... never get used and are just a wasteful of space... Maybe find better avatars so people would complain less about having to upload their own...

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Also, changing your skin to something else and then back again to the skin you want should remedy the problem.

Anyway, this is a really minor thing but I figured I'd suggest it anyway. There are a few sub-forum names/descriptions that have "Pokemon" in them, instead of "Pokémon" like most of them have. Could those sub-forum names be tweaked so there's uniformity and consistency? As I said, it's nothing urgent or important but figured it could be nice.

For reference, the sections that need updating are:
- Pokemon Black 2 & White 2 Discussion
- Competitive Pokemon (the parent forum)
-- Competitive Discussion's description
-- POTW Collaboration's description
- Pokemon Ranger Discussion and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Discussion (subforums of Other Pokemon Games)
- Challenge Forum's description

I'm pretty sure that's all of them.

I'll see what I can do to fix those. If you find any other spelling or grammar mistakes in the forum descriptions, I can get them fixed too.

inb4SomeoneSuggestsThatTheActivityPageShouldBeRemoved.

I remember posting a suggestion about adding something similar like the Nintendo Network ID where you could put your friend codes there but that would require an add on would it?

More than likely an add on, but I'll re-mention it.

Who screenshots and uploads the avatars? I know I'm not the only one that some (most) of the avatars are distasteful... never get used and are just a wasteful of space... Maybe find better avatars so people would complain less about having to upload their own...

We could have billions of avatars available and people would still want their own. But which ones are 'distasteful'?

Zazie

So 1991
I suggest Alternate Anime and Alternate Manga be merged. Alternate Manga has very little activity, certainly not enough to warrant it's own section. Plus a lot of Manga have anime adaptations and vice versa so there is some interesting cross discussion that could happen. And it could mean that less mods are needed. (Though I am not sure if either section is being actively modded at the moment.)

I haven't been active in a really long time. My old count was deleted nearly 5 years ago, and despite making this new one, I have only very recently become active again.

I actually have a question in addition to a suggestion:
I am aware that Face-Offs are, in fact, a game, so was the primary reasoning behind relocating them to the Games forum? Were there other motives?

My suggestion: Re-relocate the Face-Offs to their original place (I honestly can't recall if it was in the Pokemon or the Misc. Discussion forum). The Face-Offs sub-forum has essentially died and become a shell of what it once was. It used to flourish as many members would see it near the top of the forums and participate. It's no longer any fun due to the fact that only a handful of people are involved.

I'm sure this is not the first time this has been brought up, and I apologize if my questions sound like a broken record or something. It was just a disappointment to come back and see the way that some parts of the forums haven't kept up with change.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Oh okay then :/

Wb the spoilers? I've been to other forums and they have these on and off buttons for spoilers, like ye can close it back in when ye open it, rather than refreshing the page for the spoilers to be closed again, nya~

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
The posts should update automatically. Like when someone posts something on a thread, it should appear immediately so, that you don't need to refresh to see what others have posted. I'm pretty sure in just takes some synchronous javascript coding with the server.

Also, you should receive notifications when someone replies to your posts. When I post something in a fast moving forum, then I come back later, there will be some 10 extra pages, and I can't read through all of them to see if someone replied to it.

Aegon

Oh, this. We already have the Basic rank with Lenora, but it would be nice to have Toxic and Wave ranks with Roxie and Marlon.
Indeed it would. Give me the credit, plz.

This is almost definitely a bit too greedy, but updated user ranks to match the Gen V style would also be superb. The Gen III sprites are looking somewhat worse for wear compared to the ones released through BW2's PWT. Don't kill me.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
The posts should update automatically. Like when someone posts something on a thread, it should appear immediately so, that you don't need to refresh to see what others have posted. I'm pretty sure in just takes some synchronous javascript coding with the server.

Also, you should receive notifications when someone replies to your posts. When I post something in a fast moving forum, then I come back later, there will be some 10 extra pages, and I can't read through all of them to see if someone replied to it.
The first one would make the forums as slow as they used to be in like 2009, if it's even possible to do. I don't think anyone wants to ho back to that after having our nice lag free forum.

The second one isnt possible without a hack, which joe wouldn't do

pacack825

A meowing duck.
I must ask, are we planning on adding any more avatars for Pokemon XD or Colosseum? The only reason I ask is because several of the models show different colors in shiny form, and it would be interesting to see those and the normal models added. The Pokemon's face that shows in the boxes would be coolest, since it shows some personality to the pokemon, but is still consistent as opposed to the moving models used in battles.
It could take a lot of work, but, thankfully, there is a German wiki that shows the shiny and normal models and close-ups for all Pokemon that were released up to that point. If you guys need that as a reference and are willing to, then maybe you could ask if you could use the ones that are on their site. One of their founding members/administrator (click on link to get to his page) speaks advanced English if you're willing to talk with him. He tends to get most of the screenshots for the wiki.

Last edited:

Flame Mistress

I suggest Alternate Anime and Alternate Manga be merged. Alternate Manga has very little activity, certainly not enough to warrant it's own section. Plus a lot of Manga have anime adaptations and vice versa so there is some interesting cross discussion that could happen. And it could mean that less mods are needed. (Though I am not sure if either section is being actively modded at the moment.)

Related to this, Alternate Shipping is in some serious need of proper management and cleaning up. It also has very little activity, so I doubt that it even needs its own sub-forum; I think PKMN and non-PKMN shipping threads should just be in the same section. They're not that hard to tell apart, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.