• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Forums Suggestions Thread 2013 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I suggested this a while ago, but seeing as that was pretty much ignored I guess I'll try again.

I was thinking, how about we add an egg trading page to the trade froum. I mean it would make doing eggscrambles/egglockes easier for people and it's always fun to get an egg without knowing what's inside. And on the plus side it would be impossible for someone to scam it else because you'd have to trade an egg for an egg so that's a plus.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
When I send PMs and I want them saved in my outbox, I need to tick an option, right? Would it be possible to make it 'save in outbox' by default, rather than 'don't save in outbox'? I send a couple of PMs I'd like to keep saved and occasionally forget to tick the box ...

EDIT: Also, I'd like to suggest darkening or changing the colour of the URLS in the Black & White skin.

~Deadly
Idk what the default is for new members, but I do know you can change the setting of default via the my settings panel (Go to private messages, look on the left and select 'General Options' under the My Account table.)Or maybe the link would work.
OK I suggested this a while ago, but seeing as that was pretty much ignored I guess I'll try again.

I was thinking, how about we add an egg trading page to the trade froum. I mean it would make doing eggscrambles/egglockes easier for people and it's always fun to get an egg without knowing what's inside. And on the plus side it would be impossible for someone to scam it else because you'd have to trade an egg for an egg so that's a plus.
Better to ask the Trade Shop mods about it via PM (they are listed at the bottom of the section). I don't see much reason for not having one though... if by page you mean thread at any rate. (A new section for it wouldn't really work).

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
reording the smilies

That's out of our control. Avatars and Smilies are re-ordered for some inexplicable reason by the forum system. We can't control it

Deadly.Braviary

Idk what the default is for new members, but I do know you can change the setting of default via the my settings panel (Go to private messages, look on the left and select 'General Options' under the My Account table.)Or maybe the link would work.

Whoops, completely overlooked this. Thanks :)
And btw, I'm not a new member if that's what you meant. I've been around for close to three and a half years now :p

~Deadly

1) Shipping posts count towards post count, yet discussion about Pokemon Snap, a real Pokemon game, doesn't. This needs to change.
2) Oftentimes, I post in a thread expecting no further discussion on my part, but someone comes up with a valid point and replies, asking a discussion-provoking question. I'd never know and the thread could possibly die. There are many threads on this forum, and it's too much a hassle to check every one, when there are just as many forums. If, like on deviantArt or Twitter, when someone replies to you (with a "Reply with Quote"), you were to receive a notification, that'd be great. It doesn't have to pop up on your phone or anything, it can just wait there when you log back on.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
you can subscribe to threads and get an email about it if you want, but because of the way quoting works here we can't do notifications for that. the system physically won't let us and joe doesn't do hacks.

GalactaRay

I don't know where to post it so I'm going to post it here.
I found something new in Join Avenue. Cheren came to my avenue and he said:" Now. I'm curious about places to help Pokemon grow"
image.jpg
I still have a photo for "Now" But I can't upload it.
Thanks.
EDIT: He likes the Dojo.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
I don't know where to post it so I'm going to post it here.
I found something new in Join Avenue. Cheren came to my avenue and he said:" Now. I'm curious about places to help Pokemon grow"
View attachment 8671
I still have a photo for "Now" But I can't upload it.
Thanks.
EDIT: He likes the Dojo.

The B2W2 Forum would have been a better place to discuss a feature in B2W2 as oppose to the 'Forums Suggestions Thread', given that your post is 1) Not a suggestion and 2) Has nothing to do with the forums.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Say, I think I remember that this forum is for like English speaking right? Like we can't use the Japanese names of the characters, yet the avatars are sometimes confusing coz some has the Japanese names. Just saying, nya~

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Say, I think I remember that this forum is for like English speaking right? Like we can't use the Japanese names of the characters, yet the avatars are sometimes confusing coz some has the Japanese names. Just saying, nya~

It's a lot of work going through each of the avatars and renaming them, probably more work than it's worth imo. That and the difference between avatars using Japanese names and using Japanese names in posts is the fact that with avatars, you have a picture of the character or Pokemon above the name so even if you don't recognise the name 'Hikari' or whatever, by looking at the avatar you can see that it's Dawn. There's not really any need to rename the avatars since people typically browse and select avatars based on the image rather than the text below it.

Ditto B1tch

I wanted to suggest that newbie members were unable of creating threads on the first week. There is a lot of people that create an account just to post non-Pokemon news in the GPD.

Twentington

Outta here!
Could we start a new "Claim a Pokemon" thread? Sounds a bit ridiculous, but keep in mind the current thread closed "temporarily" over a year ago. I think at this point it would make more sense to start a new thread than to try to revive the current thread (and I use the term "current" very loosely here.)

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
I wanted to suggest that newbie members were unable of creating threads on the first week. There is a lot of people that create an account just to post non-Pokemon news in the GPD.

Could we start a new "Claim a Pokemon" thread? Sounds a bit ridiculous, but keep in mind the current thread closed "temporarily" over a year ago. I think at this point it would make more sense to start a new thread than to try to revive the current thread (and I use the term "current" very loosely here.)

These two are very necessary IMO.
Also, one more suggestion. There should be a way in which we can vote up and down posts. There could be + and a - button on the side, next to the reply button.

RzK

Meow
Oh of course the newbies should have a limit on threads as suggested above. That, if implemented could potentially eradicate all trolls, adbots, spambots and anything in between! It will clear up a lot of clutter on the forum imho.

Benny4893

Pokemon Trader
I don't know if this has been suggested already, but I'd personally love an iPhone app so I can get push notifications on my phone of when I get a PM on here.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
I don't know if this has been suggested already, but I'd personally love an iPhone app so I can get push notifications on my phone of when I get a PM on here.

Yes, it's been suggested before and apparently, serebii doesn't like iOS -_-. So, he's not making an app.
Well, the real reason he's not making an app is coz there is not enough traffic from iOS users to warrant an app.

RzK

Meow
Yes, it's been suggested before and apparently, serebii doesn't like iOS -_-. So, he's not making an app.
Well, the real reason he's not making an app is coz there is not enough traffic from iOS users to warrant an app.
And also, Serebii has considered it before but he said that there is a high chance Game Freak and Nintendo will blow up and send cease and desist notices everywhere and call for bans.

Twentington

Outta here!

That's a bad idea, and I'll tell you why. We'll get newbs spamming threads with pointless posts, who'll end up PMing Serebii saying "y can't I post new threads? :confused::confused::confused::confused:", and eventually we'll end up in a sea of confused, spamming newbies.

Also, how are they going to be able to introduce themselves in the Newbie Lounge if they can't post new threads?

It's also why I'm against the idea of x-number of posts to access other parts of the board - a user with 7 or 8 quality posts contributes much more to the site than a user with 2,000 posts that are all worthless.

Last edited:

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror

Serebii has said before that he wont limit the posting ability of new members because he doesn't want to put people off when they join. Just because a member is new, doesn't mean that they can't instantly join in with a debate, or have joined specifically to get a team rated. And you are mixing up 'an account just to post non-Pokemon news in the GPD' with adbots.

Status
Not open for further replies.