• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Forums Suggestions Thread 2013 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
i really dont think we would have one that is forum-wide. we have so many different subforums and subgroups it's nearly impossible to get everyone united for something like that. it's like pulling teeth to make people even read the general announcements that affect the entire forum.

Grey Wind

Is there any way for you to fix the annoying name placement in VM conversations?

[img139]http://puu.sh/4qxLE[/img139]

I don't think it appears on other styles but it's kind of irritating to have certain avatars pushing the username below them.

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
Is there any way for you to fix the annoying name placement in VM conversations?

[img139]http://puu.sh/4qxLE[/img139]

I don't think it appears on other styles but it's kind of irritating to have certain avatars pushing the username below them.

Yeah, that happened for me on the Grass Style also.

cagedWINGS

The Poké-theorist.
Idea: make each club a seperate subforum. Inspired or complete nonsense?

Hello everyone. I am close to starting a club of my own on the Serebii forum. I plan to launch it within the next few days and hopefully it will get approval from the moderators.

This is not why I'm speaking to you all today. I have a little question to ask and would love to hear peoples' opinions.

Obviously, by reading the thread title, my question is this; would it be a good idea to make each club a subforum?

Now, I understand that it would make Serebii a little bit on the disorganized side, with subforums of subforums, but it would be worth it I feel. Let me explain where my head is at.

The advantage of having each club it's own separate subforum would be that it would allow different threads with different topics (all with the same general subject) to be posted within each club.

At the minute each club is nothing but a single thread. This means that many different topics, and even things like club application forms are mixed together in a single, absolutely gigantic thread. As a result, things get really confusing and these club threads end up becoming absolutely huge, consisting of many pages. Wading through over eight pages of dialogue can be really disorientating, especially when you want to check if your application has been processed, or the club owner has started a new topic, etc.

Please note that is in no way a criticism of the Serebii Forum staff, and I'm not trying to tell them how to do their jobs. It is just a feature that I would love to see on the forum.

Does anybody else share my opinion? Does anybody think I'm a nutter and completely disagree with this thread? Comments are welcome.

Regards,

James.

cagedWINGS

The Poké-theorist.
You misunderstand. I mean that having them as subforums people could post different topics.

For example, I'm planning on starting a club dedicated to Pokemon theories and other stuff. At the moment I'd have to lump each theory in one thread. That same thread would include comments from all the different subjects and also club applications. It gets really unorganized and confusing.

If we could have multiple threads in a club, i.e, make the clubs subforums, it'd help to make things less confusing.

Another example, say there's a club dedicated to Fire type Pokemon. If the club was a subforum then that club could have threads dedicated to "which Fire type is the coolest" or whatever.

Get what I mean?

LonelyLittleCubone

Content Breeder
You misunderstand. I mean that having them as subforums people could post different topics.

For example, I'm planning on starting a club dedicated to Pokemon theories and other stuff. At the moment I'd have to lump each theory in one thread. That same thread would include comments from all the different subjects and also club applications. It gets really unorganized and confusing.

If we could have multiple threads in a club, i.e, make the clubs subforums, it'd help to make things less confusing.

Another example, say there's a club dedicated to Fire type Pokemon. If the club was a subforum then that club could have threads dedicated to "which Fire type is the coolest" or whatever.

Get what I mean?

Personally I like this idea, it'd make it a whole lot easier to keep track of things. I recently applied for a club or two and it was somewhat confusing figuring out how much the topic had changed, or even when/where it changed in the thread.

cagedWINGS

The Poké-theorist.
Personally I like this idea, it'd make it a whole lot easier to keep track of things. I recently applied for a club or two and it was somewhat confusing figuring out how much the topic had changed, or even when/where it changed in the thread.

I've had the same trouble, I'm exactly in the same boat. It sucks!

Maybe if we got enough people behind the idea we could propose it to the Serebii forum staff and make it happen.

Myrrh

You can make your suggestion here. It doesn't really take too much effort to go through a thread in order to find something one wants to specifically reply to, does it?

cagedWINGS

The Poké-theorist.
It doesn't really take too much effort to go through a thread in order to find something one wants to specifically reply to, does it?

I guess that's all subject to opinion.

It'd also help those who are a little bit OCD and want things organized properly, and not have one big chaotic thread.

Myrrh

I guess that's all subject to opinion.

It'd also help those who are a little bit OCD and want things organized properly, and not have one big chaotic thread.

Isn't it better to have one big thread to search things for, than a lot of threads about similar but different things to go through? It takes effort to run a thing like a club, maybe with your potential club you can make it so that you link to specific topics or whatever in the first post.

Yeah okay, I was rather blunt in my last post, sorry.

cagedWINGS

The Poké-theorist.
Isn't it better to have one big thread to search things for, than a lot of threads about similar but different things to go through? It takes effort to run a thing like a club, maybe with your potential club you can make it so that you link to specific topics or whatever in the first post.

Well that was my idea if I were to start my own club. I was going to post threads on General Pokemon Discussion and then post announcements on the club thread. I'd prefer it to be all contained within the club though to be honest.

I think by separating the threads it'd make searching for topics a lot quicker and easier.

I can imagine it's quite difficult to own a club, but it's each to their own if people would prefer seperate threads for different aspects of the club including applications and topics, etc.

I would prefer it to all be seperate, but another club owner might prefer it how it is now. But I think it should be an option to be able to have both really.

Yeah okay, I was rather blunt in my last post, sorry.

S'okay.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I merged your thread with the SPPF suggestion thread, given GPD is a section for discussion Pokemon in general, not how the forums are run.

A few points to consider:
- subforums for each club, e.g. fire type club, etc, could just take away from other sections such as PGD/Pokepolls. If you're having poll threads which could go in either section, which is the right place?
- The amount of work involved behind that. It's maybe nice enough in theory, but that means that every time a club is created, a new subforum needs to be created. This is something only admins can make to begin with, so a club mod can't actually do anything in that regard beyond passing it on. If a club goes inactive, that's a section that needs removing too. And so forth. Forum-system wise it'll get darn messy and admins have stuff to do as it is in managing the forums.
- it's a proposal based on preference too, and no clear advantage beyond that that I can see. Some people find it easier if topics are in different threads. Other people find it easier to navigate within the one thread, rather than need to go out of the thread into the forum section to find another topic of their liking. It's not a everyone-wins deal, if that makes sense.

cagedWINGS

The Poké-theorist.
I merged your thread with the SPPF suggestion thread, given GPD is a section for discussion Pokemon in general, not how the forums are run.

A few points to consider:
- subforums for each club, e.g. fire type club, etc, could just take away from other sections such as PGD/Pokepolls. If you're having poll threads which could go in either section, which is the right place?
- The amount of work involved behind that. It's maybe nice enough in theory, but that means that every time a club is created, a new subforum needs to be created. This is something only admins can make to begin with, so a club mod can't actually do anything in that regard beyond passing it on. If a club goes inactive, that's a section that needs removing too. And so forth. Forum-system wise it'll get darn messy and admins have stuff to do as it is in managing the forums.
- it's a proposal based on preference too, and no clear advantage beyond that that I can see. Some people find it easier if topics are in different threads. Other people find it easier to navigate within the one thread, rather than need to go out of the thread into the forum section to find another topic of their liking. It's not a everyone-wins deal, if that makes sense.

Yeah, that's fair enough. It was just a thought really and I get that it might not benefit everyone, therefore it cant be considered.

Thanks anyway,

James.

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
An idea I'd like to see implemented for ease of use is organizing the avatars. Specifically the Sugimori category. Would it be possible to create separate categories to organize all of the avatars in there by the generation they come from (for example)? When new avatars come out in that category I have a hard time finding it/them among all 700 other avatars. If you organize them by generation (for example) it would at least minimize the amount of search time it takes, especially considering the way it is now it's kind of random.

I'm sure others also have this issue, and I apologize if this has already been suggested.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
[I've posted this on the wrong place, but now it's in the right area...]

I know this is quite unnecessary, considering all the avatars we already have. But we could have the standard warriors and warlords (without any background) on the Nobunaga's Section, really. I would love it, to be sincere and I guess other people here would, too.

Hilda

The reputation comment thing is stupid. People just give minus points for not having the same opinion.

geophoenix

Not-so-hardcore
umm, im not sure whether if this applicable, but why isnt there any WhiteKyurem sprite under Smilie List?? i want it so that i can edit my signature hehehe... :p

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
[I've posted this on the wrong place, but now it's in the right area...]

I know this is quite unnecessary, considering all the avatars we already have. But we could have the standard warriors and warlords (without any background) on the Nobunaga's Section, really. I would love it, to be sincere and I guess other people here would, too.

I would absolutely love this to happen, too.

Although, if so then the multiple Emotions and Perfec Inks with the Warlords should IMO get added too which may be too much work :p

Mew The Gato

Although, if so then the multiple Emotions and Perfec Inks with the Warlords should IMO get added too which may be too much work :p

And the Conquest Pokemon sprites alone! That would be awesome. If we do not already have them, that is. I have not seen them.

Also, if SPAM Threads are a problem, then why not make it so we need a certain amount of posts to make new threads, just like we need a certain amount of posts to post links? Most people would be more knowledgeable about the Forum Rules, by then.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.