• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Forums Suggestions Thread

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I honestly agree. The bumping rule needs updated. Obviously don't resurrect a thread from 2005, but for recent threads their should be more leniency for bumping. With how low traffic is in here it won't hurt anything.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I feel it's time we've amended the Bumping Rules, particularly for forums in the General section.

These forums do not see very much traffic, compared to other sections, and what little traffic they do see is often shut down by moderators due to the rule that prohibits the bumping of threads that have went inactive for over 60 days. Given how often it occurs, this is clearly something worth reviewing.

If users, especially new users, are finding interest in older threads, then perhaps the revival of those threads should be considered. At the very least, I suggest amending the limit from 60 Days to Six Months. This allows a reasonable amount of time for threads that were once quite active to be revisited by both new and current users.

EDIT: I recently discovered that due to the current bumping limit, the entire BDSP forum is now dead. Even if users wanted to return to the forum, they couldn't. They'd have to recreate all of the threads that expired, even though those threads are still there. I think an amendment is needed now more than ever.
That would be great and would save half of the threads from getting locked. It's annoying how so many potential conversation topics get killed around here just because they're revived threads for a few years ago.

I think old threads should only be closed if the thread creator was asking a question that was time-sensitive or belonged in a different topic. But if it's a thread that can engage people in conversation, it should remain open even if it's old. There's so little activity on this forum that the rules really should be a lot more lax. But this is assuming that our suggestions and complaints will even reach Joe. :p