• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Forums Suggestions Thread

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Can we have multiple subscribtion tabs for every subscription folder we have? I'd like to have multiple followed threads organized rather than a huge clutter of activity, will make things so much easier.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
i don't think that's possible with the vbulletin software

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
The Pokédex-Tab at the top of the forum directs to the GenV-pokédex. Perhaps it's time to change the url it links to?

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Unfortunately that's not possible with vbulletin, not even mods can edit polls easily.

Speaking of vBulletin, are there any plans to change to a better software package, like XenForo or something? It might make the forum look more aesthetically pleasing. I'm aware that the newest version of vBulletin is bad, which I'm assuming is why we're still using VB4?

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
There are no plans to change

Xena

Warrior Princess
Apologies if I've missed a better thread for this, as it's not a suggestion. Just putting it out there that when you are not logged on to the forums, this announcement:

We had some downtime recently that caused us to have to revert to a backup from last week. We apologise for any inconvenience. Details here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?636691-Downtime-Our-Sincerest-Apologies

Appears at the top of the page. It seems irrelevant now as it happened 10 months ago.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Can soneone make a compilation of Simple Questions threads in the help and newbie lounge so people stop making new thrrads out of every question?

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Xena: Since you posted that in August, is it still doing it? I think someone was working on it at the time.

xDIRCIOx: That is what the FAQ thread is for, doesn't mean they always use it:
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...te-that-this-FAQ-will-be-out-of-date-with-vB4

It's still going on, try opening serebii in an incognito tab or whatever other browsers call it

Lol literally 4 years inactive. Does the 30 day innactive rule not apply to stickied threads?

idk i read that forum's rules and it doesnt really make it clear that there is a general faq. having specific questions threads where new users will see them (assuming they all head to this forum first) will reduce the spam from new question threads while allowing new users to actually get help. I remember asking a dumb question about competitive battling when i was new and it was closed instantly. I wouldve appreciated better help back then and would feel bad for someone in my situation now since that section is pretty much dead :(

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I guess not. I'll bring it up with the rest of staff.

The FAQ is in the newbie sub-forum. If they can't find it, they won't find any additional FAQ threads. But maybe we can work on making it more visible.

kill and run

ShinyHunting Veteran
I'm an old member, whom just got busy with his personal life, but still enjoys the casual Pokemon playing, I came on here just to look a few things up today and I noticed a lot of pink Celebi's on the outer Threads. Maybe getting rid of the Threads that have Pink more than a certain amount of time...just a suggestion. :]

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
the default settings make threads dissapear after 30 days, and it would be too much work for mods to close these imo

just follow the rules and dont post theyll be forgotten eventually :/

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
@ kill and run - no

@ vanillite1 - I don't think so, but I could be wrong. Right now, mods/staff do all the thread locking.

@ xDIRCIOx - We do come around and close threads (at least in some sub-forums), but it may not be exactly 60 days (as per the rule change).

Charley

That's ridiculous that you get a warning for posting in the wrong place.

What if it was an accident? Do these mods not care at all? Feels like it.

They make it seem like we purposely did this or something. How silly.

Like just move my comment to the appropriate section or ask nicely for me to delete it. It's not hard to do.

I certainly dont need a warning for that. It's called an accident. How about instead of giving the person a warning, you give them a link and help direct them.

I'm not very happy about this, and I hope they fix the way they do this.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
No it's not. You only got a warning. Warnings are to help keep you from getting infractions. As a member of this forum you are expected to have read the rules.

These quotes are directly from the rules thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?397567-Serebii-Forums-Rules
• Being new does not give you a temporary immunity to the rules.
• If you wish to contest an infraction or complain about a member or moderator, contact a SuperModerator or an Admin. Don't make threads to whine about it, that doesn't help or solve anything.
• Remember that receiving infractions or warnings does not equal the end of the world or that you're going to be banned. You need 15 pts to get a week ban, which is a lot. The infractions also mostly expire after 45 days.

17. Don't ask about or discuss banned users or their bans.
This applies to infractions as well. Punishments are between the user in question and the staff. Don't talk about bans, don't ask about bans, and don't be the middleman for a banned user. Banned people can post in the staff contact forum if they have any questions.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
If you're going to delete someone's thread and move its contents, please tell them.

Don't leave them in the dark, thinking they never posted it, or that an error occurred. An inbox message would be nice.

Don't be turds, guys. Be cool. Thanks. ☺

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
If you're going to delete someone's thread and move its contents, please tell them.

Don't leave them in the dark, thinking they never posted it, or that an error occurred. An inbox message would be nice.

Don't be turds, guys. Be cool. Thanks. ☺

Ok, As Ex staff here, If we were to move the thread, you will still get replies from that thread, Normally. Most Links will still work. Also, We often have a option to create a link to where it's moved within the old forum. This can set to Auto-delete after a time set by the Mod who set it.

If a staff member chooses to delete a thread, We usually have a very good reason to remove it. This is usually spam, or a post/thread that is breaking the rules and you're technically replying to spam and you can get an infraction for. The Original Poster usually has the ability to delete their thread, and there is very little staff can do about it. When I was staff, I only really deleted Spam.

Last edited: