• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Forums Suggestions Thread

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

Retr0Capez

Data Miner
Might want to change the banner ever so slightly, because whenever I see it I think its a cannabis leaf.

Retr0Capez

Data Miner
They're maple leaves, the only thing they have in common with cannabis leaves is that they're lobed.
I see that, its just when I first see it when scrolling up I have a milisecond thought that I am on a cannabis forum :p. No need to change, just thought that should be put out there.

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
There needs to be a user forum message at least as soon as you reach your inbox limit, maybe on your wall or something from a bot admin or something. Right now it looks like you don't get any message until you've already missed out on at least one private message and it's through e-mail and it can be sort of inconvenient.

Is there some kind of premium membership available where we can have a larger inbox capacity? I think that would be really great and I would happily pay some kind of premium for unlimited inbox storage. I don't like deleting messages because it helps me keep track of where all my traded pokemon came from. The inbox capacity is really small and I think an option to upgrade it (and maybe some other fun features as well) would be great.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
There needs to be a user forum message at least as soon as you reach your inbox limit, maybe on your wall or something from a bot admin or something. Right now it looks like you don't get any message until you've already missed out on at least one private message and it's through e-mail and it can be sort of inconvenient.

Is there some kind of premium membership available where we can have a larger inbox capacity? I think that would be really great and I would happily pay some kind of premium for unlimited inbox storage. I don't like deleting messages because it helps me keep track of where all my traded pokemon came from. The inbox capacity is really small and I think an option to upgrade it (and maybe some other fun features as well) would be great.

Well, I think you have the ability to store up to 200 PMs, although I could wrong due to the fact I'm former staff and may have a larger inbox. If you're hitting the limit often, remember you have both Inbox and a "Sent Items" Mailbox. There is a Bar at the bottom on the page showing how full your inbox is.

Also, The PM inbox full alerts may not be possible due to the way vBulletin works. Serebii isn't the person to add to many Plug-ins to the forums.

As for Premium Membership? I don't think Serebii would be inclined to do this.

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
Well, I think you have the ability to store up to 200 PMs, although I could wrong due to the fact I'm former staff and may have a larger inbox. If you're hitting the limit often, remember you have both Inbox and a "Sent Items" Mailbox. There is a Bar at the bottom on the page showing how full your inbox is.

Also, The PM inbox full alerts may not be possible due to the way vBulletin works. Serebii isn't the person to add to many Plug-ins to the forums.

As for Premium Membership? I don't think Serebii would be inclined to do this.

yea the thing is I like to keep my pms for records of trades and some kind of option for those of us who want it would be nice. it is nice though that it e-mails you when you are full, it just seems to be a bit late as it doesn't email you until you've already missed out on a PM so if a plug in isn't an option maybe they could change the setting where it e-mails you once you are full rather than after you have already missed one (or in my case several) PM's.

I do realize that there is a sent section as well. I'm constantly deleting posts from both sections.

If premium membership turned out to be popular then maybe serebii could upgrade the servers which was actually my next suggestion :p

I don't see how premium membership would really hurt anything, I don't recall running into limited inbox storage on other forums before and it can be really frustrating so some kind of option would be really great.

I think the layout is really great though and overall serebii.net is a great resource so I really appreciate everything that is here, just some kind of option for a MUCH bigger inbox would be great.

I do a lot of trading and there is usually about 10 messages per trade, and I probably would reach limit every two weeks or even less if I was doing a full purge every time but I have to keep some in storage to see what we have previously discussed so I'm purging less but much more frequently.

Seems like such a small limit is kind of discouraging to being more active on the forums which doesn't seem all that great to be honest. There needs to be some kind of option for a bigger inbox.

TheJLeeTeam

JLeeTeam
I would suggest making the Favorite Pokémon of certain regions threads pinned because there are other favorites threads on the site that have been pinned. So I would like threads such as Favorite Kanto Pokémon, Favorite Hoenn Pokémon to be pinned.

KillerDraco

I would suggest making the Favorite Pokémon of certain regions threads pinned because there are other favorites threads on the site that have been pinned. So I would like threads such as Favorite Kanto Pokémon, Favorite Hoenn Pokémon to be pinned.

I would reference the first post in the Favorite Pokemon thread.

Rather than cluttering up the forum with three dozen "What's your favorite ____?" threads, we've set up these Favorites Stickies to contain all possible topics in a compact, easy-to-use format!

(If you can think of a choice or special group of Pokemon not included in this list [like "Favorite Regional Normal/Flying Bird Pokemon" or "Favorite Regional Normal Rodent Pokemon" or "Favorite Pseudo-Legendary Pokemon" or "Favorite Baby Pokemon" or anything else at all], post it here anyway! Don't make your own thread for it.)

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
The Pokédex banner right under the forums logo still links to the Gen V Pokédex, not the Gen VI Pokédex.

Not sure if this should be here or on Site Errors, but eh

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
It would be great to have a few more Nintendo threads, as many people here like Nintendo as well.

In the Nintendo forum, could we have stickied threads such as Nintendo Questions Thread (similar to Pokemon Questions Thread).

I might have a few more ideas I would like to share, but the one I stated was a big one for me.

Lunala

Banned
How about blogs for the site? Bulbaforms has a blog section.

I'm not staff but I think that would cost extra money, and if so then it's probably not worth the risk because we don't know if the blogs will even be active.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
yes, it does cost extra money. it was discussed quite awhile ago and responses were mixed. i don't think serebii would be willing to spend the extra money unless there was significant interest. i'm sure a lot can change in 8 years but it still isn't really something highly requested.

Lunala

Banned
Noticed the default thread age cut off for most of the subforums here is still one month. I know members can change it to two months via General Settings, but I think two months should also be the default setting, to correspond with the recent rule change allowing members to bump threads up to two months old.

Mega Typhlosion

I'm sure you are already aware of it, but I would like to see the ranks and the forum skins updated. Especially now with Sun/Moon, there are a lot of nice themes to make forum skins, in the same way you have the site banners (yes I know it is a lot harder to make a skin than a banner).

Thank you for your consideration.