1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Serebii Forums Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Serebii.net Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Hey I know that there's a way to turn them off already, but how about having alerts for likes off by default? I can't imagine why anyone would want an alert for a like.

Not really a big issue or anything, just a thought

Scammel likes this.
  2. I-am-the-peel

I-am-the-peel Justice Forever

I'm not sure whether this is the best place to post some of my criticisms and suggestions to the new forums, so if its shouldn't be posted here then I apologise in advance to the moderators, but I just wanted to air some of my thoughts on the new forums and offer constructive criticism;

1.) I'm not a fan of the new green and black format of the forums. The black just feels really grim whenever I scroll through the forums and detracts from some of the warmth and welcoming that the old forum's bright green and dark green had. I think a more brighter colouring format would look more appealing.

2.) I really miss the old visitor messages on a user's profiles. This was a really good way for users to talk to each other really quickly with one another without having to do it in private messages or having to delete old private messages to fill up room in their inboxes. I think bringing this back would make users more active and involved in these forums.

3.) I haven't seen a way to be able to post Pokemon sprites on these forums anymore. On the old forums, loads of users including myself posted Pokemon sprites as part of my posts in the 'If you were in charge of the Anime thread' but I haven't seen a way to be able to do that on the new forums.

4.) Having more subforums like the Debate Forum and subforums for Anime, Games etc. presented on the main menu would also make things neater and easier to navigate.

These are just a few suggestions and thoughts I've had since returning to the forums. I don't visit as much as I used to because these were the features I used the most on the old forums but can't anymore now that they're gone. I'd appreciate any response from the moderator team.

3. Psynergy

Psynergy Strong Winds Staff Member Super Mod

Just want to point out that the #1 and #4 have been brought up to Joe before, and they are things that most of the staff wants fixed as well. Part of the issue with the forum style is that there's no longer a graphic artist around to help with these (which you may have noticed when the old styles never got updated), but otherwise I know I want these addressed as well. If it's of any help, there are software extensions you can use to use a custom style if you'd prefer, or otherwise switch to the default "Happy Style" if the green and black style are too straining on the eyes. No real excuse for the silly subforum drop-down menu other than "Joe hasn't gotten to it."

As for #2, the old style visitor messages are a forum software thing and as far as I know there isn't a way to change that unless some weird extension exists for that, so if you're not a fan of XenForo's style you'll probably just have to get used to it. If #3 is referring to the smilies that used to be in place to post Pokemon sprites, those are gone but you can still post sprites using the image URL using the dex page for the Pokemon (see the button next to the smiley when making your post).

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Both the old and new ones if you have either preference. I know this isn't a satisfying answer for everything you mentioned but you're definitely not alone on these issues.

4. I-am-the-peel

I-am-the-peel Justice Forever

Thank you for the swift response, I'm glad points #1 and #4 have been brought up before and that the moderator team are working on sorting them out, I hope its not too much trouble and that its sorted soon.

That's a real shame about not being able to support having visitor messages or posting smilies anymore but like you said its just something users like me will have to get used to.

I'm glad to know that the moderator team are acknowledging some of the issues and suggestions users like me have and are working on addressing them. I hope everything works out well and I'll try to be more active on these forums because I've been a member for over seven years now and really enjoy being here.

5. I was wondering if there are any plans to extend the width of the post bit (or whatever that space with the avatar/username/usertitle is called)? As it is now, anyone with a username over 15 characters has their username cut and continued on the next line, which imo looks aesthetically terrible. this is an example of what I mean
    [​IMG]

Also it's difficult to tell when people are banned now, which makes some things difficult like voting in awards threads that don't allow you to vote for banned members, or knowing when not to waste time replying to someone who won't see your post.

6. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Princess of Mars

For a while ads stopped showing up near the top and bottom of this forum while using the mobile site option, but for the past week or so the ads have returned and it's sort of slowing down the site for me. Can you please get rid of them again if possible?

7. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

I've been away from the Let's Go section since the games came out to avoid spoilers. Now that I'm back, I see that it's been completely overrun by trade request threads. It makes it a little hard to search for actual conversation-based threads. Could we get a separate sub-section for trading like the other games have? It would make things a lot easier on everyone, I'm sure.