1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Serebii Forums Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Serebii.net Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jan 6, 2014.

1. SBaby

SBaby Dungeon Master

I think if there are good constructive points that are made about the characters, it's fine. But normally the staff is pretty good about not allowing character bashing here anyway.

Leonhart likes this.
  2. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

To be fair, the anime mods tend to close those kinds of threads quickly whenever they devolve into character bashing, which does happen often. But I don't think there should be a blanket ban on character discussion threads overall since some of them allow for interesting conversations.

MusicFan22 likes this.
  3. Alola Adventurer

Alola Adventurer Well-Known Member

Any plans to update the forums again to a later version of XenForo that allows BB coding in profile messages
    so users can use the spoiler tag and etc.?

4. Succulent

Succulent New Member

Can we bring back social groups? Why aren't they on this forum?

5. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Sceptile Leaf Blade Nighttime Guardian

Can we make it against the rules to post spoilers in profile posts? The messages appear right there on the main page in full. Like, rules already state you can't post spoilers outside of the spoilers forum, so why are profile posts exempt?

wolf jani likes this.
  6. Dragon Pulse

Dragon Pulse Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, but I've noticed that none of the Gen 7 Pokémon are listed under the "Favorite Pokémon" list when you go to select one in your user settings. Is it possible if it could be updated? :)

Dragalge likes this.
  7. keepitsimple

keepitsimple anybody want cake?

I'm against this. the last thing this forum needs is more rules. a better idea would be to stop displaying profile posts on the main page

8. Sceptile Leaf Blade

It's not like we have that many rules here. All I'm really asking for is enforcement of the rules we already have. I shouldn't be forced to completely stay away from the entire forum or add a fifth of the active members here to my ignore list while we have a dedicated spoiler section for it so I can avoid spoilers, just because some people are too stupid or selfish to read or care about the rules, discuss over pm instead of profile posts, or just go to the spoilers section. And as long as there is no enforcement for spoiler rules why should people care about others not wanting to get spoiled?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019 at 2:10 PM
    wolf jani likes this.
  9. keepitsimple

keepitsimple anybody want cake?

this isn't even the rule, the rule is no untagged spoilers. maybe the admins should have made it possible to use spoiler tags in profile posts. or like i said, take them off the main page. both are viable solutions so i have no idea why you and @wolf jani think a mod crackdown that's just going to piss people off is the way to go.

lol it's not stupid or asinine to want to talk with your friends instead of a bunch of randos in the spoiler section but go off

Monster Guy likes this.
  10. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Still miss you, Lorne. Staff Member

Just saw the front page profile posts. Maybe making them have a collapse option could help. Or maybe add in an option on the happy theme to have them not show.

11. Sceptile Leaf Blade

There is a pm option that you can use just as well for talking for your friends without spoiling stuff for the rest of us who didn't ask for it. Click on someone's avatar, then "Start a Conversation". If you spoil stuff through profile posts knowing that you're spoiling things for everybody else while a perfectly fine alternative is there without spoiling stuff for the rest of us, then yes, I'm calling that asinine or at least inconsiderate.
    Just because I didn't mention the adjective untagged doesn't mean I was wrong. It's out in the open there spoiling stuff, the obvious and clear intent of the rule is to prevent people from being spoiled when they don't want to and clearly the profile posts undermine that intent, and besides they're still untagged. As long as you can't spoiler tag stuff at all in profile posts spoilers simply shouldn't be there at all because untagged is all there is, so by definition it should already be against the rules. Mods enforcing no untagged spoilers is simply a far faster solution than waiting until who knows how long for a forum upgrade that may never even arrive. Profile posts are part of the forum and at least in my opinion therefore should be subject to the same forum rules.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019 at 3:09 PM
    wolf jani likes this.