1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Serebii Forums Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Serebii.net Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Pathfinder

Pathfinder Well-Known Member

I'm surprised there wasn't already a Gen 8 competitive discussion section live before launch... I def 2nd this

Scorbunnie likes this.
  2. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

Could you please expand the number of poll options from 10 to at least 20? A lot of topics based around polls and those poll options keep on increasing. For example, Gym Leaders. There are actually 12 gym leaders in SwSh and it looks like it might go up to 14 because of the new rivals desire to become Gym Leaders in the expansion. In the case of legendaries, the number of new legendaries have gone up from 3 to 9 thanks to the expansions and that's only what they've shown in the marketing. If they are hiding any secret legendaries, that 9 could easily go past the 10 poll limit.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  3. Emboar_Rulez

Emboar_Rulez Pokémon Master (Kinda)

I have a few ideas

This one is very unlikely but any chance they could make serebii a app?Imagine being able to view everything on serebii on just a simple app?It could be a lot more convenient if you ask me.

More emojis?

Rank system?

More styles other than default and happy?

Can you make it so other people can't see your warnings? Its kinda embarrassing when others can see them

Some threads should maybe get more than 60 days to post on.Like the club section and other sections that aren't as popular.

Thanks you for taking my ideas into consideration

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  4. RiverNathan

RiverNathan Member

The easiest solution would be to not break the rules in the 1st place so that you don't get warnings. Problem solved. :)

wolf jani likes this.
  5. Nutter t.KK

Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

If I remember rightly, Only staff and the recipient can see the warning. I have a few warnings and actual infractions on my own account.. I don't see them on my Profile page when I am not logged in.
    (Mind you these warnings were when it was under VBulletin, not Xenforo.)

6. Auraninja

Auraninja Gre-nin-ja!

There are some infractions you can see if a post went out of line. I've seen a couple of those.

Leonhart likes this.
  7. Emboar_Rulez

Can we remove the anime style battling section?It seems every thread on there has been dead for a few years.Same with the Competitive Pokemon discussion thread and alternate TCG discussion thread

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  8. Monozu

Monozu この日、森の中・・・

Hey, after spending some time on here, it's irritating to find a lot of otherwise interesting threads to be locked because they're over a month old. This forum doesn't get much activity, so it seems like an unnecessarily restrictive rule.

Either the amount of time before a thread is automatically locked for inactivity is increased, or the feature should be removed entirely.

9. Emboar_Rulez

I second that!

wolf jani likes this.
  10. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Don't mess with the bull. You'll get the horns. Staff Member Moderator

I third it.

Monozu, wolf jani and Leonhart like this.
  11. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I agree with this suggestion since places like the Pokemon Games section get very little activity compared to other parts of the forum, so having threads expire in sections like that seems unnecessary given the low levels of activity.

wolf jani likes this.