• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Forums Suggestions Thread

ArceusAlpha493

Benevolent Creator
I have a few suggestions:

First I would like to suggest a public ban list of banned members and the reasons why they were banned but only viewable by members. Another suggestion is that we add more background skins maybe of other legendary pokemon.

And I suggest adding the limit of PMs that can be stored in the inbox. And I also suggest some more regulations on the misc. subforums and disallow hateful remarks to religious members and other groups already included.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I have a few suggestions:

First I would like to suggest a public ban list of banned members and the reasons why they were banned but only viewable by members. Another suggestion is that we add more background skins maybe of other legendary pokemon.

And I suggest adding the limit of PMs that can be stored in the inbox. And I also suggest some more regulations on the misc. subforums and disallow hateful remarks to religious members and other groups already included.

I'm not sure that this is possible with the current Forum system, and keep everyone safe. As former staff, a large amount of "Ban Reasons" made in the past only make sense if you had access to deleted posts, or see stuff that we removed before the ban, or be a person involved in the banning. I can say for certain that at one point there was at least 10 bans per day, but a large amount of those were spam bots. Currently, the only way I know also posts the offending content with the reason for the ban, I should point out that Serebii nor I want to do that. If it did happen, I'd think it would bring out some very nasty elements of certain members, and staff will be forced to take action, which most likeystart a nasty spiral of destruction.

Skins are made by Razor leaf, I'm not 100% on what can go where, so what you ask may be impossible.

There is a PM Limit already, set at 200 PMs per user. Staff have a higher limit, but then they use alot more PMs. As for Misc subforums, I've spend years trying to ignoring it, plus there have been alot more issues in the past.

EDIT:
Okay, a few suggestions:

A. Can the word Nazi be banned, or censored? Especially within the context of a "grammar Nazi" it still is really offensive. For people with certain heritages, it is just as offensive as the N-word for Afro-American people, or the F-word for homosexual people. Especially the usage of 'grammar Nazi' excludes the fact that many people of Jewish, Gypsy and other European descent were treated horribly and that the Nazi's were guilty of genocide. You can be picky at faulty grammar, but please leave any mention that explicitly relates to genocide out of it.

B. Is there any way for the reputation system to include the name of the one who gave the reputation point? Often times when people give a positive or a negative reputation, the discussion is best conducted in PM-form afterwards. Instead, we now have people stating "to whom gave me that negative rep." etc. I personally find that it breathes a form of hostility into the forum.

C. Does vBulletin allow for the possibility for a 'Like This'-system?

Cheers,

Loc.

A. I'm going to leave this one to the staff, I personally think Hydrohs would have to comment on it..

B. This is an option that Rep system allow user to see who gave them rep. According to who those been there when it was here last time, It used to be a nightmare to manage.

C. Yes it can, but it may just be plug in which Serebii doesn't like, plus we already have one.. The Rep system.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
A. I'm going to leave this one to the staff, I personally think Hydrohs would have to comment on it..

B. There is an option that Rep system allow users to see who gave them rep. According to who those been there when it was here last time, It used to be a nightmare to manage.

C. Yes it can, but it may just be plug in which Serebii doesn't like, plus we already have one.. The Rep system.

A. He's the worst offender -.-
B+C. Then why not do away with the rep-system in favor of the like-feature? The rep-system obviously fosters annoyance, while a like-feature would foster positivity.

I go to different forums, and barely do I see any other forum that harbors so much animosity then this place, sad but true in my opinion. Last night, I got a neg-rep stating: "So much hatred man" when I did not have any hate inducing remark in my posts at all..

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Hydrohs' signature came up a total of one time before in a complaint to mods in the years he's had it as a signature, and it was decided that as Grammar Nazi is a frankly common internet term which isn't intentionally offensive then it's fine. I don't see that decision changing as nothing has changed about the signature, nor have I seen any use of the term that's rude or offensive. (Having a Polish heritage I'm not at all offended or am reminded of genocide and etc from the term alone).
B+C. Then why not do away with the rep-system in favor of the like-feature? The rep-system obviously fosters annoyance, while a like-feature would foster positivity.
Another rep system or like system would require an external plugin to the vB system, and we hardly add any. That's due to Joe's preference and previous difficulties adding others. The current rep system however is built into the base vB system, I believe.

If you have a rep you feel is unwarranted, report it to a mod via PM and they'll look into it. A bad rep doesn't mean that it can't also 'foster positivity', or only fosters annoyance. A liek system however only allows you to be positive, which in a sense is more restrictive.

Also - we're not displaying ban reasons of members to other members. Infractions and bans are private, and vast majority of the time it's nobody else's business why so-and-so got banned or for how long. No need to glorify that info, so to speak.
And I also suggest some more regulations on the misc. subforums and disallow hateful remarks to religious members and other groups already included.
If you see a rule breaking post like people being rude to others/other groups, report it. Not sure what more regulations are needed that wouldn't cover insults or the like for that section, care to give specific examples?

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
I've gotten into the spriting community lately, and they work really hard on these X and Y region sprites. They already have some finalized, for example, Dedenne, the Goomy line, and Froakie. I thought that after they complete some more, it would be cool if they could become avatars! They make the backsprite and shiny sprite, too.
Here's the link for all of the finished ones.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
we dont make fan art into avatars because then everyone and their mom would want their fan art as one

SBaby

Dungeon Master
A liek system however only allows you to be positive, which in a sense is more restrictive.

The thing is, the reputation system is also restrictive, in that there is no way to respond to comments made, even when the person would have a legitimate response. It just seems like an easy way for people to dodge a discussion. They can post essentially whatever they want there (and they do), and there's no way to reply.

Last edited:

EQWashu

Master Pokéwitch
I apologize to sort of re-posting this; I don't know if it was overlooked, but I think this is a really good idea. I think we would benefit from a thread devoted to HG/SS(Apricorn), Dream Ball and Safari Ball pokemon trading in the 6th Gen Forums. I have spoken to several of people who, like me, have a bunch of pokemon in Apricorn/Safari/non-HA Dream ball females (I have about 3 boxes worth of just Apricorn ball pokes, another 4 for dream ball), and it is a massive pain to go into each individual pokemon's thread to post, especially if I have to update the posts to reflect what I'll trade them for. Just updating the Totodile, Chikorita and Cyndaquil posts is taxing after I whittle down my requests. Rather, a simple list post of females in their respective pokeball would be much simpler for both people that have, and, people looking for these pokemon! The reddit trading board is filled with people trading/requesting "Bank ball" females; and I think a dedicated thread for legitimately obtained Apricorn/Sport/Safari/Non-HA Dream ball females would be a good idea.

Sorry, and thank you for your time once again :)

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Is there a SPPF idea thread?

I couldn't find one, so I'll just post it here instead.

I think it would be nice to have that green light (to see whether the person is online), when you are sending them a VM via the 'View Conversation' link. I would like to know if the person will reply quickly, or whether I should just goo offline and come back later.

Just an idea though!

TheEliteEmpoleon

The green light turns off like ten minutes after the person has gone offline, so it wouldn't be too accurate; you'd be waiting ten minutes for your quick reply.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
this is for the FORUMS not the website

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
I apologize to sort of re-posting this; I don't know if it was overlooked, but I think this is a really good idea. I think we would benefit from a thread devoted to HG/SS(Apricorn), Dream Ball and Safari Ball pokemon trading in the 6th Gen Forums. I have spoken to several of people who, like me, have a bunch of pokemon in Apricorn/Safari/non-HA Dream ball females (I have about 3 boxes worth of just Apricorn ball pokes, another 4 for dream ball), and it is a massive pain to go into each individual pokemon's thread to post, especially if I have to update the posts to reflect what I'll trade them for. Just updating the Totodile, Chikorita and Cyndaquil posts is taxing after I whittle down my requests. Rather, a simple list post of females in their respective pokeball would be much simpler for both people that have, and, people looking for these pokemon! The reddit trading board is filled with people trading/requesting "Bank ball" females; and I think a dedicated thread for legitimately obtained Apricorn/Sport/Safari/Non-HA Dream ball females would be a good idea.

Sorry, and thank you for your time once again :)
i actually didn't see this but i think it's a good idea and i'll make the thread

Its too server intensive to do that.
it's not just server intensive, it's not possible with the current software. it may be possible with a large hack/plugin but 1. joe doesn't like doing those in the first place 2. it would be much more intense than the few addons we have had in the past and might be too much for our servers to handle

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?
The thing is, the reputation system is also restrictive, in that there is no way to respond to comments made, even when the person would have a legitimate response. It just seems like an easy way for people to dodge a discussion. They can post essentially whatever they want there (and they do), and there's no way to reply.

In my mind, it can be a way to dodge having a conversation with the person. In the Debate Forum, I have gotten neg rep (which I really don't care about, I'm not whining) that said "There is so much wrong with this." Well, I would rather that person post in the thread so I can defend my point of view and we can openly discuss our ideas.

A suggestion I would like to make is to categorize the avatars and either have a specific search function for them or keep a "Previously Viewed" list because there are a lot of them and they get lost, after a point. Also, could they all be shown on one page so you don't have to keep clicking next page, next page? I don't know if this is feasible or not, with the servers, just a suggestion.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
In my mind, it can be a way to dodge having a conversation with the person. In the Debate Forum, I have gotten neg rep (which I really don't care about, I'm not whining) that said "There is so much wrong with this." Well, I would rather that person post in the thread so I can defend my point of view and we can openly discuss our ideas.

Exactly. It's essentially a way to get around a discussion, where the person might actually have a response to your question or comment, especially in a debate section. Not only is this bad for discussions, but it's bad for the individual members, who may be less inclined to be honest about the topic at hand.

Last edited:

ShachonianX

Spheal Lord
A suggestion I have for Serebii.net is to update the IV Calculator. It would be a good idea to update it to include the new Kalos Pokemon. Currently, you can only get Pokemon up to Gen 5, which isn't helpful if you want to calculate the IVs of a Kalos Pokemon, such as Goomy.

Myrrh

A suggestion I have for Serebii.net is to update the IV Calculator. It would be a good idea to update it to include the new Kalos Pokemon. Currently, you can only get Pokemon up to Gen 5, which isn't helpful if you want to calculate the IVs of a Kalos Pokemon, such as Goomy.

There already is one. Notice on the right side of the page it lists "IV Calculator XY" right under "IV Calculator". If you get to the IV Calculator through clicking the "Game Mechanics" link on the left side from the main site, instead of clicking the link in one of the paragraphs look for it on the right hand side under "Mechanics".

I know this is actually the forums suggestion thread, but maybe the Game Mechanics page could be updated to make the IV Calculator link take one to the XY calculator from now on.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

Due to the Base stats being altered in Gen 6, Arty2 chose to create a new IV Calculator, instead of having two Entries for several Pokémon. It's here: http://serebii.net/games/iv-calcxy.shtml But I do agree, Serebii should to update them both for bug fixes.

Arty2 is the Webmaster of another Pokémon Website, so you may need to visit his site if you want him up update his IV Calc.

One final thing. This is thread is intended for Suggestions for the forums.