• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Forums Suggestions Thread

succeeddamnyou

I have two suggestions to make.

First: There should be a page for newbies that have instructions on how to edit profile and the various ways the forum worked, as one of said newbies i never found anything like that, so if it dosen't exist, it'd be nice if it did, and if it does exist, it needs to be a bit more obvious, all i found was the rules page.

Second: the Avatar system is annoying if your looking for a particular pokemon, there needs to be a search box. There is also no obvious way to get a custom avatar, although i've seen a few around i see no way to get one from the account settings page.

So yeah, both of these are newbie support.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I have two suggestions to make.

First: There should be a page for newbies that have instructions on how to edit profile and the various ways the forum worked, as one of said newbies i never found anything like that, so if it dosen't exist, it'd be nice if it did, and if it does exist, it needs to be a bit more obvious, all i found was the rules page.

Second: the Avatar system is annoying if your looking for a particular pokemon, there needs to be a search box. There is also no obvious way to get a custom avatar, although i've seen a few around i see no way to get one from the account settings page.

So yeah, both of these are newbie support.

There is a link called FAQ right next to Private Messages.

Custom avatars I believe are only allowed for staff.

Zoe Trent

Boyfriend free :(
I knew somebody probably bought this up before but closing Fake Card Discussion would be a good idea since it hasn't been posted in since late February.

Murder Doll

Button Presser
Maybe add in a feature that allows users to submit avatars for approval?

Not a per use basis but like they submit, it gets put into a section, everyone can use it after it's submitted.

Zoe Trent

Boyfriend free :(
I think space limits is the reason why custom avatars aren't allowed but your idea could work Zelphon. They would likely need to be pokemon based though and SFW.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
This is more of a bug than a suggestion.

Whenever I log in if I return later to the forum I am logged out. If I put my username and password in, I will get the Thank You for logging in message, but then I don't get logged in. The only way I actually get logged in is by refreshing the page or clicking a link. I use Google Chrome as my browser. Other sites that use cookies work fine so I know it isn't my browser. I'm guessing some output is probably being sent before the setcookie function executes.

Create a preset list of reasons to downvote someone for the reputation system. (trolling, flaming, harassment, off-topic, spam, etc.) A perfect example of how the reputation system is broken is evident in the Elite 4/Gym Leader discussion where downvotes are spread on this basis of i don't like your opinion, i think i'll downvote you for no reason other than a difference of opinion.

TheEliteEmpoleon

How about new user title bars for the new gym leaders in BW2 and XY?

You could ask EmeraldGoblin to make them I'm sure they could; the badges are beautiful. It's not my place to ask them.

And making the Pokédex link that's under the forums banner link to the xy pokédex instead of the bw one.

That link is very helpful, and the bw pokédex has been rather irrelevant since October.

Is it possible to make spoilers that can close after you open them? A few other forums I go to (including one powered by V Bulletin), have this set in place. It would make scrolling down a page much easier since most spoilers are pretty lengthy.

Canada

Banned
[img139]http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a594/TheHangout7710/happystylefighting_zpsd95a3103.png[/img139]

It would be nice if that was fixed so happy style had the same links as the other skins.

Also the "pokedex" link takes me to the BW pokedex. It should take me to the XY pokedex.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Is it possible to make spoilers that can close after you open them? A few other forums I go to (including one powered by V Bulletin), have this set in place. It would make scrolling down a page much easier since most spoilers are pretty lengthy.

it's apparently a hack, which joe doesnt like adding if not necessary. it's stupid and the staff wishes we could do that as well, but youd be better off asking vb to make it a permanent change.

it's apparently a hack, which joe doesnt like adding if not necessary. it's stupid and the staff wishes we could do that as well, but youd be better off asking vb to make it a permanent change.

Couldnt you make a case for it to be "necessary"? It seems like this particular instance has a strong following, and it doesnt leave much, if any, room for a slippery slope argument for future cases.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Couldnt you make a case for it to be "necessary"? It seems like this particular instance has a strong following, and it doesnt leave much, if any, room for a slippery slope argument for future cases.

Personally, I think the only Plugins are really only added if the forum could become Near impossible to Moderate without it - That is my personal opinion, based on what I've seen in the past.

I'd see more chance with a Spam Bot remover: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248042 Mind you there may be a spam bot plugin installed, but the Admin CP has never been open to me, so I can't confirm it.

Peter Quill

star-lord

Nah, it's not that necessary in the long run. When we mean "necessary" it's like Nutter said, it's about accessibility for us being able to moderate the forums or not.

Mind you there may be a spam bot plugin installed

There is.

Well that's unfortunate. Granted, when I said necessary, I put it in quotation marks to imply that it would be 'necessary' in regards to it not being totally needed, but a feature that most people would agree that would be helpful to the forum as a whole.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
what moogles said. and tbh it probably is a good thing because we don't have anyone on staff who programs and could update the plugins regularly, so if they were incompatible with a version update, we could be stuck. because of that we only add things we truly need. spoiler tag closing is something that might be nice but is not needed right now, and there are plenty of other plugins that fit that definition that other people have suggested.

eiger

Shiny Hunter
Someone else asked it before, but he didn"t get an answer.

Are there any minisprites in the making (or planned) for gen VI?

Last edited: