• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Forums Suggestions Thread

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?
A suggestion I would like to make is to categorize the avatars and either have a specific search function for them or keep a "Previously Viewed" list because there are a lot of them and they get lost, after a point. Also, could they all be shown on one page so you don't have to keep clicking next page, next page? I don't know if this is feasible or not, with the servers and vBulletin, so its just a suggestion.

I posted this a while ago and never got a response. Don't mean to be a pest, but does that mean that this isn't feasible with the system, or did it just get skipped with all the suggestions?

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
I posted this a while ago and never got a response. Don't mean to be a pest, but does that mean that this isn't feasible with the system, or did it just get skipped with all the suggestions?

It's not feasible, and it's been asked many times before which is why your post was probably skipped. The avatars are uploaded in correct order, but the forum randomises them. This is evident by the fact that they are a different order for different people. There's nothing that can be done about that, and a search function is equally unavailable (as it requires a forum hack).

Yeah I agree with not letting people post links under 15 posts, but not images (******* link images), because I wanna start a sprite shop but I can't!

[EDIT] Oh also, how do I get a custom avatar?

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
That could be a problem though, because the reason for the link rule is to keep ads and inappropriate stuff off the forum, and I could see a troll posting some pretty bad images if that was allowed. Just go make a few posts in the general pokemon threads and you'll have enough to open your sprite shop in no time.

You can pick one of the standard avatars in your settings (there's a huge selection), but only mods and admins get custom ones.

Canada

Banned
(******* link images)

i'm going to assume you were trying to say tinypic here. you have to use a different image sharing site because that one is censored

Lightning Dragon

LIGHTNING FLIGHT!!!!
Hey, what about kinda organizing the FS' by type? That way, people can find the Friend safari they want!

alakazam^

I'd like for the emoticon of Gen 5 pokemon to move and for Gen 6 to be added. Also, increasing the limit of signature characters.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
One thing that'd be useful in the avatars section is that for Pokémon sprites, artwork, etc, should be organized by number in the National Pokédex. It's really annoying to sift through pages to find a good one.

Really? I gave the same answer to this question barely 10 posts ago:

It's not feasible, and it's been asked many times before which is why your post was probably skipped. The avatars are uploaded in correct order, but the forum randomises them. This is evident by the fact that they are a different order for different people. There's nothing that can be done about that, and a search function is equally unavailable (as it requires a forum hack).

Also, increasing the limit of signature characters.

Signatures have more than enough of a character limit for you to get everything in them. Any more and it borders on excessive.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
I've got another suggestion, is it possible for subscriptions with instant email notification, also give you a notification? Like if I subscribe to the thread with instant email notification when there's a new post, why can't there be a notification here as well? And no, I don't mean in the user control panel, I mean in the way that a VM or FR notification works.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
That is the way CP notifications work. The show up on the same dropdown list as new VMs, PMs, and FRs.

But they're easily missable that way. A notification outside of the standard email thing and the user control panel would be better IMO.

Also, is having a new tab on user accounts called "Username Changes" possible? Like through that tab, you can see every username a user has went through. So if I for example, changed my name to "ADV Nexus", "DarkLucarioADV" would show up as an older username.