• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Forums Suggestions Thread

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The smilies are way out of date; we don't have anything for Gen 6 or 7, and the Gen 5 ones lack animation. Can someone please fix that?

genwinner

HM 06: Blast
The site skins seem to overwrite my browser's default settings for links. For example, on the "Black and White" skin, links are a pale gray with no underline, rather than the blue with underline that is my browser's default. This makes it nearly impossible to see links, since the gray of the links is very similar to the white text. Could links please either match my browser default, or else be sufficiently distinct from the normal text in each skin?

Edit: Also, [.table][/.table]s are disallowed. Why is that?

Last edited:

DiaRubyTandem

The Fastest Comeback
I suggest adding avatars of Pokemon Chronicles (where Gold(Jimmy) and Crystal(Marina) stars.)

And I know it might be impossible, but I suggest adding game characters in userbars ^^

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
I may be misinterpreting the Trade Center forums- but should the 7th Gen section be updated in the region subforums with threads for all species now? Or are only native pokemon intended to have threads?

demnz

I hate breeding
I may be misinterpreting the Trade Center forums- but should the 7th Gen section be updated in the region subforums with threads for all species now? Or are only native pokemon intended to have threads?

I literally came to this thread to ask this same question. I think it's pretty annoying how all pokemon are basically obtainable and we have no way of trading them with other members on the forum. It's been almost a month since you've asked this too, still no update.

keepitsimple

site of lies
Somebody approving/declining the pending Games and Face-Offs would be great js. Last time a mod did that was 4 months ago and I know for a fact that new games and Face-Offs were submitted for approval since then

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
Is there any possibility of upgrading the forum for compatibility with smart phones? I prefer to do internet stuff on my phone now and I have to say the experience is pretty painful here. I didn't see this on the list so sorry if it's a bad request but this is like the only site I visit that is like this on my smart phone. I have to zoom way in every time I click a link and then zoom way out to actually see the page. Just a thought. Anyway other wise great site long time member. Cheers!

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Somebody approving/declining the pending Games and Face-Offs would be great js. Last time a mod did that was 4 months ago and I know for a fact that new games and Face-Offs were submitted for approval since then

I've avoided the Game and face off section for the last 10 years. But I know that it is hard to bring on staff on in areas they aren't regular visitors. I have experience with this, sadly.

I've had a look at the staff members who are responsible for that section. As they marked themselves as invisible, the best I can see is their last Public post, which really means nothing for the ability to Moderate, As it's possible to do 90% of your work without making a Public Post.

Is there any possibility of upgrading the forum for compatibility with smart phones? I prefer to do internet stuff on my phone now and I have to say the experience is pretty painful here. I didn't see this on the list so sorry if it's a bad request but this is like the only site I visit that is like this on my smart phone. I have to zoom way in every time I click a link and then zoom way out to actually see the page. Just a thought. Anyway other wise great site long time member. Cheers!

Some "Good" news, when the staff changed the back end of the forum a few years ago we added a mobile skin. To Access it, scroll down and open up the Pop-up menu at the bottom of any Serebii forum page and select the Mobile skin from that menu.

Just to show you what it looks like: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AhJAZbyYUCpXoH65zfZ36ziU9kKa

Most of the time I don't visit the forum on my Phone, I usually have a Windows PC or a Tablet.

cinichecuk

Hi!

I'm surprised we don't have a trading forum. It would be really useful to people like me who are trying to create a Living Dex.

I'm new to the forums, so maybe there is one and I'm just dumb and can't find it. I suspect that is the case, but if not, that would be handy.

EDIT: Of course as soon as I comment this, I found it. Whoops.

Last edited:

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
Griping again about the inbox limit.

If you are not going to give us a higher cap or unlimited:

Email us when it is full instead of waiting till it's too late and we miss a message. This can delay trades by 24 hours sometimes more.

Also: if we have opted into email notifications for private messages at least give us the courtesy of sending the original message via email instead of just deleting it if inbox is full.

I prefer not to delete any messages but if that's not an option these would improve the current situation.

An updated mobile skin would be spiffy as well.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Griping again about the inbox limit.

If you are not going to give us a higher cap or unlimited:

Email us when it is full instead of waiting till it's too late and we miss a message. This can delay trades by 24 hours sometimes more.

Also: if we have opted into email notifications for private messages at least give us the courtesy of sending the original message via email instead of just deleting it if inbox is full.

I prefer not to delete any messages but if that's not an option these would improve the current situation.

An updated mobile skin would be spiffy as well.

Saldy, most of these are things only Admins can sort out. However I doubt that any of these suggestions about the PM can work under VBulletin without mods that Serebii is hesitant to add. I will say that at the bottom of the Inbox page is your current usage of messages. Remember you do have a Inbox and an Outbox. I was a regular PMer during my Staff days, but then it was part of the Job, and Yes I can see your issues. EDIT: I think the best you can do is to be smart with your PM management. Do you really need every Message of a reply chain?

As for Skins, I'm not sure who is making them, if there is anyone at all.

Last edited:

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
Saldy, most of these are things only Admins can sort out. However I doubt that any of these suggestions about the PM can work under VBulletin without mods that Serebii is hesitant to add. I will say that at the bottom of the Inbox page is your current usage of messages. Remember you do have a Inbox and an Outbox. I was a regular PMer during my Staff days, but then it was part of the Job, and Yes I can see your issues. EDIT: I think the best you can do is to be smart with your PM management. Do you really need every Message of a reply chain?

As for Skins, I'm not sure who is making them, if there is anyone at all.

well the mobile skin doesn't show that bar. it shows message count for your inbox but not on your sent box unless you tilt your phone sideways which is super frusttrating. as well about 25% of my screen goes unused due to a weird glitch or something with the icons. whoever designed it obviously designed it only for sideways usage on a phone which is super annoying. it should be smoothe both ways. but at least there is some kind of a mobile skin although I've switched back to the green mode even on my phone due to other issues. also it doesn't use my sig when i post in mobile skin mode and there is no option to PM a person when I click on their user name unless I haven't found those options yet.