• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Forums Suggestions Thread

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Could you please expand the number of poll options from 10 to at least 20? A lot of topics based around polls and those poll options keep on increasing. For example, Gym Leaders. There are actually 12 gym leaders in SwSh and it looks like it might go up to 14 because of the new rivals desire to become Gym Leaders in the expansion. In the case of legendaries, the number of new legendaries have gone up from 3 to 9 thanks to the expansions and that's only what they've shown in the marketing. If they are hiding any secret legendaries, that 9 could easily go past the 10 poll limit.

Last edited:

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I have a few ideas

This one is very unlikely but any chance they could make serebii a app?Imagine being able to view everything on serebii on just a simple app?It could be a lot more convenient if you ask me.

More emojis?

Rank system?

More styles other than default and happy?

Can you make it so other people can't see your warnings? Its kinda embarrassing when others can see them

Some threads should maybe get more than 60 days to post on.Like the club section and other sections that aren't as popular.

Thanks you for taking my ideas into consideration

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Can you make it so other people can't see your warnings? Its kinda embarrassing when others can see them
The easiest solution would be to not break the rules in the 1st place so that you don't get warnings. Problem solved. :)
If I remember rightly, Only staff and the recipient can see the warning. I have a few warnings and actual infractions on my own account.. I don't see them on my Profile page when I am not logged in.
(Mind you these warnings were when it was under VBulletin, not Xenforo.)

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
If I remember rightly, Only staff and the recipient can see the warning. I have a few warnings and actual infractions on my own account.. I don't see them on my Profile page when I am not logged in.
(Mind you these warnings were when it was under VBulletin, not Xenforo.)
There are some infractions you can see if a post went out of line. I've seen a couple of those.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Can we remove the anime style battling section?It seems every thread on there has been dead for a few years.Same with the Competitive Pokemon discussion thread and alternate TCG discussion thread

Last edited:

Monozu

この日、森の中・・・
Hey, after spending some time on here, it's irritating to find a lot of otherwise interesting threads to be locked because they're over a month old. This forum doesn't get much activity, so it seems like an unnecessarily restrictive rule.

Either the amount of time before a thread is automatically locked for inactivity is increased, or the feature should be removed entirely.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Hey, after spending some time on here, it's irritating to find a lot of otherwise interesting threads to be locked because they're over a month old. This forum doesn't get much activity, so it seems like an unnecessarily restrictive rule.

Either the amount of time before a thread is automatically locked for inactivity is increased, or the feature should be removed entirely.

I second that!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I third it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Monozu said:

I agree with this suggestion since places like the Pokemon Games section get very little activity compared to other parts of the forum, so having threads expire in sections like that seems unnecessary given the low levels of activity.

michael147

With best wishes
I am from the shipping section - to be exact - from the Pearlshipping thread.

First of all, despite pairings do not to seem to be actual, there are always things that yet were not said and discussed. As you may have noticed, I do the analysis of the pairing. I assure you - a detailed analysis may not come every month, because 1) it must be rather serious and interesting to be posted here, and new ideas, facts and references may come out of the blue while watching or reviewing the series; 2) being an adult means the lack of free time, sadly, this alone diminishes the focus on time limits here, not to mention the time to watch. (currently it is BW) Besides, I know different non-Pokemon forums where staff rather suggested using an existing opened thread than creating a new one with the same name. It prevents the growth of the database, that is quite an issue for SPPF.

If you decide to leave the limit or not permit the recreation of the locked thread, may I inform fellow pearlshippers that I write a book about it covering everything that could have been there. Else I would be happy to contribute serious analytical posts to any new/existing pearlshipping thread.

Thank you.

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Do you have a wi-fi center dedicated to Pokken Tournament? Unlike many other spinoffs, Pokken Tournament is still going strong online, perhaps going too strong online that tournaments are still popular for the fighting game. Considering that you seem to prioritize trends, I think a Pokken Tournament wi-fi center makes too much sense for your forums.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I've been seeing quite a few dummy accounts that are posting advertising threads in the last few days and helping reporting them. So i've got an minor idea, how about adding a mandatory ammount of posts (at least 15 or 20) needed in threads before being able to create a thread.

That way serebii staff can monitor the flow of new accounts and determine if accounts are spambots?

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Just merged your thread into the suggestion thread.

I think it's a decent idea for what it's worth. But not the most practical one.

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I don't think it would help, they'd just move from spamming in new threads to spamming in existing threads. Possibly even more of a nuisance as they'd trigger alerts for people watching said threads

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I don't think it would help, they'd just move from spamming in new threads to spamming in existing threads. Possibly even more of a nuisance as they'd trigger alerts for people watching said threads
Probably. It's best it stays as it is. Just so they're caught.

NeganTheSavior

I used to be a moderator on a non-Pokemon forum that closed its doors last year, though it also used the XenForo template. We had a policy where the first few posts or threads a new user made were put in moderation so that way if they joined simply to troll or break the rules (or if it's a banned user trying to circumvent their ban/duplicate account since the IP address would match), it could be handled at the mod's discretion. I'm not sure if something like that could be put in place for spam threads, but I figured I'd throw that out there.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Only things i've noticed is that the bots join around midnight and they wait for a few hours before post threads early in the mornings 7 AM (UTC 00) I use internet a lot before going to work including here so i spot them often. I have been spotting and report at least 7 separate spambots recently. But i don't have the necessary freetime or patience to be a moderator in any capacity.

Most disturbingly one of the most disturbing threads was
adult body enhancement pills for men :mad:.
Something that clearly doesn't belong on a website where a both kids and adult fans visit for discussing.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yea noticed the pattern as well. Try to swat what I can too. Noticed that a lot of them are from India, some from Russia.

The ones you mentioned under the tag, sadly show up a lot.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Yea noticed the pattern as well. Try to swat what I can too. Noticed that a lot of them are from India, some from Russia.

The ones you mentioned under the tag, sadly show up a lot.
And there really isn’t much anyone can do as these bots tend to find ways around measures trying to prevent them from being on the site. It’s probably better to just ignore them