• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Forums Suggestions Thread

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Username changes are better though

It's painfully obvious that we're not getting that though.
That’s probably a good thing in a way. I feel like if we had the freedom to change usernames without any help from the Mods, the system would be abused by users who keep changing their name every other week or so.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
An eyeroll emoji and the anime section will be ten times more bearable :p
Seriously tho the reactions feature needs to be done properly, there really isn't a proper reaction to convey disagreement with in a non hyperactive manner. An eyeroll emoji would be perfect but I'd even take a thumbs down emoji at this point

OwensJB

That’s probably a good thing in a way. I feel like if we had the freedom to change usernames without any help from the Mods, the system would be abused by users who keep changing their name every other week or so.
That's a sorry excuse because they could just place a limit to how often usernames can be changed. I know that Bulbagarden which also runs on XenForo makes people wait a month between username changes and I'm sure there's a way to extend that waiting time too if needed.

Besides we technically do have the ability to change our usernames with mod approval by going to the account details panel but for some reason they never get approved.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Hey, the spoiler tag isn't quite working. Here, I'll demonstrate. A mod can see the message after I do this because it's just been vanishing entirely from view.

Spiteful Murkrow

Early Game Encounter
Would there be any interest by chance for enabling either Hovertext support or something with the HTML Ruby tag for the forums? Admittedly, I have some... -ahem- personally biased reasons for wanting such a feature enabled, but it'd be handy to slip little notes in the margins in general for explaining stuff like foreign language localizations or little notes that would otherwise be beneficial for in-context explanations without forcing readers to drop what they're doing to see things.

As an example hovertext format, this is what I use for BBCode on another forum that currently supports hovertexting:

For example:

[hovertext='Japanese: "Charmander"']Hitokage[/hovertext]

Yields a box when mouseovered that reads:

Japanese: "Charmander"

Where the quotes after the equals sign makes everything inside plaintext as long as they match each other, so for example:

[hovertext="Japanese: "Charmander""]Hitokage[/hovertext]

Would have the exact same output as the first example when mouseovered.

Just some food for thought, since I'm not fully sure what the technical level of involvement would be to get such a system working would be.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Could we get some anti-spambot measures here? They've been seriously numerous lately, and it's disruptive. Groups of bots filling multiple pages with spam threads before a mod shows up to ban them seem to be far from incidental now, and ignore list doesn't move the not-ignored threads back up, you just have to go through several empty forum pages before reaching the non-spam threads if you're ignoring the spam accounts. I was thinking you could put all posts made by new accounts in some kind of holding space before actually posting them on the forums awaiting moderator approval. And they only get standard posting privileges after at least three of their posts were approved by a moderator. And if their posts are obviously spam then the moderator simply bans the account and deletes the posts from the holding space before they ever make it to the actual forum. It might increase the workload to moderators slightly, but not by much since the vast majority of new accounts here are just spambot accounts whose posts have to get through moderators anyway when they have to ban them now.
Hopefully if their posts don't even appear on the forums at all at least some of the folks behind these spambots would give up as they can't get any exposure any more. I know there are some other forums that use this kind of system and it seems to work.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Could we get some anti-spambot measures here? They've been seriously numerous lately, and it's disruptive. Groups of bots filling multiple pages with spam threads before a mod shows up to ban them seem to be far from incidental now, and ignore list doesn't move the not-ignored threads back up, you just have to go through several empty forum pages before reaching the non-spam threads if you're ignoring the spam accounts. I was thinking you could put all posts made by new accounts in some kind of holding space before actually posting them on the forums awaiting moderator approval. And they only get standard posting privileges after at least three of their posts were approved by a moderator. And if their posts are obviously spam then the moderator simply bans the account and deletes the posts from the holding space before they ever make it to the actual forum. It might increase the workload to moderators slightly, but not by much since the vast majority of new accounts here are just spambot accounts whose posts have to get through moderators anyway when they have to ban them now.
Hopefully if their posts don't even appear on the forums at all at least some of the folks behind these spambots would give up as they can't get any exposure any more. I know there are some other forums that use this kind of system and it seems to work.
I agree with this. Something seriously needs to get done. I'm just tired of waking up to 20+ reports every morning pertaining to spambots. At this point it's growing tiresome...

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I agree with this. Something seriously needs to get done. I'm just tired of waking up to 20+ reports every morning pertaining to spambots. At this point it's growing tiresome...

I agree with it as well. Been running into nests of bots along side the morning ones and any night ones.

Even seen ones that try to contact staff.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I try to keep my reports for spambots at a minimum.
I think I made just two reports recently, and one of them was because it was clogging up the General Pokemon Discussion forum.
Otherwise, I kind of assume mods will see the dubious thread titles and begin deleting them when they are around.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I try to keep my reports for spambots at a minimum.
I think I made just two reports recently, and one of them was because it was clogging up the General Pokemon Discussion forum.
Otherwise, I kind of assume mods will see the dubious thread titles and begin deleting them when they are around.

I mean, there's no sense on the user end from reporting every single thread either. Do you really want to spend 20 minutes sending a report for every single thread clogging up the thread? It's pretty easy to tell which ones are spam, and they're usually all coming from 1 user at a time. Just seems like a waste of time for both sides to report them all.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Sometimes, I try to post spoilers in threads, but after I try to initiate a spoiler tag, the page resets. On one page, I try to post a spoiler, but the page keeps resetting over and over again. I don't know if this is a "me" problem, but if it's fixable, I would like there to be a glitch fix.

Edit: This can be somewhat mitigated if I type something, then spoil caption it, but it would still be good if it goes away if it does affect other people.

Last edited: