• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Forums Suggestions Thread

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I've been very active in the anime section of this forum, especially during the third year of SM and entirety of JN, seen it go to crap and seen it degrade, and have seen the majority of interactions there. I feel like I have a pretty good knowledge of the forum members, so if possible, I'd love to nominate some people the upper staff could consider for mods as well for the anime section (I'd volunteer myself but I don't think I'll be considered coz I've clashed at times with other fans, even if I do promise to be fair and unbiased if I'm selected):

@Leonhart I feel fits the bill perfectly for someone who's unbiased, well liked and understanding. Only issue might be I'm not sure whether he'll be too invested in wanting to be a mod

@masdog Has been a pretty great user throughout his time, always insightful, encouraging users to do better and never stooping low. He's active and would make a great mod

@LazySpy is another good choice, while he doesn't post as much except for funny memes, he does keep an eye on stuff and is in general someone who would be very unbiased, fair and someone who would want to mod.

@Ignition is someone else I'd also recommend, but just like Leonhart not sure about their willingness to be a mod
I think Rune Knight and KirliaToon50 might be good candidates as well. Although ofc that depends on if they would bother.

I'd certainly volunteer myself but I'll probably not be considered as much or at all due to some certain factors, which one of the biggest reasons might be my "ideology" that I've stated on how to handle the current issue with the PAD lmao.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I think Rune Knight and KirliaToon50 might be good candidates as well. Although ofc that depends on if they would bother.

I'd certainly volunteer myself but I'll probably not be considered as much or at all due to some certain factors, which one of the biggest reasons might be my "ideology" that I've stated on how to handle the current issue with the PAD lmao.
I like you a lot Psycho as a mod but I feel you might be a bit controversial due to how 'blunt' you can sometimes be :p
I appreciate that part of you though, esp today
Also Rune Knight and Kirlia are great users for sure, but I feel the other 4 might be able to handle mod duties better

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I would think that temporary suspensions or posting restrictions should be a last resort, but there are always exceptions for egregious conduct like, as an example, posting explicit and/or NSFW content.
Well obvi but I'm talking about non extremes. The goal should be rehibailiation and not just readily being willing to throw the hammer down at people. That does nothing for nobody in the end and is a temp fix.

I agree with you about the honey and vinegar part. Try to see what's going on, situation wise, get the other person's side of things. De escalation comes in handy now and then tho, depending on the situation.
Esp because a lot of things get lost in context while typing since you can't see people's faces. Context can get lost and things can be taken how they weren't intended

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I like you a lot Psycho as a mod but I feel you might be a bit controversial due to how 'blunt' you can sometimes be :p
Blunt isn’t necessarily bad.

Well obvi but I'm talking about non extremes. The goal should be rehibailiation and not just readily being willing to throw the hammer down at people. That does nothing for nobody in the end and is a temp fix
I agree. You can’t walk in acting like “the new sheriff in town” and make an example of people. Especially in an online community where it’s easy to pick up and move somewhere else.

It requires acting with a delicate touch most of the time.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I've been very active in the anime section of this forum, especially during the third year of SM and entirety of JN, seen it go to crap and seen it degrade, and have seen the majority of interactions there. I feel like I have a pretty good knowledge of the forum members, so if possible, I'd love to nominate some people the upper staff could consider for mods as well for the anime section (I'd volunteer myself but I don't think I'll be considered coz I've clashed at times with other fans, even if I do promise to be fair and unbiased if I'm selected):

@Leonhart I feel fits the bill perfectly for someone who's unbiased, well liked and understanding. Only issue might be I'm not sure whether he'll be too invested in wanting to be a mod

@masdog Has been a pretty great user throughout his time, always insightful, encouraging users to do better and never stooping low. He's active and would make a great mod

@LazySpy is another good choice, while he doesn't post as much except for funny memes, he does keep an eye on stuff and is in general someone who would be very unbiased, fair and someone who would want to mod.

@Ignition is someone else I'd also recommend, but just like Leonhart not sure about their willingness to be a mod
I wouldn't be against it. I don't have anything against anyone in the fourms even trolls and people I tend to disagree with often. Above else I do want people to have somewhere to discuss the show. Even at our collective worst, this place has been my favorite place to discuss Pokémon on the internet. Appreciate that you think I'm a viable candidate regardless <3

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Since we're throwing names around a very good one would be @Mr. Reloaded

He's a seasoned veteran in PAD. He has what it takes. He's non bias and he's active.

On the topic of forum upgrades and such, I wonder if there would be an easier way to take care of username changes? Users have been waiting for years now on their username changes. The waiting list has to be in the hundreds by now. Only admin and Joe can perform them. There's too many to take care of and not enough time.

If us normal mods had some kind of access to work on username changes I wouldn't have an issue knocking them out as I have a little more time on my hands.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Since we're throwing names around a very good one would be @Mr. Reloaded

He's a seasoned veteran in PAD. He has what it takes. He's non bias and he's active.

On the topic of forum upgrades and such, I wonder if there would be an easier way to take care of username changes? Users have been waiting for years now on their username changes. The waiting list has to be in the hundreds by now. Only admin and Joe can perform them. There's too many to take care of and not enough time.

If us normal mods had some kind of access to work on username changes I wouldn't have an issue knocking them out as I have a little more time on my hands.
I think regular mods have access to the username change request list on bulba which runs on the same platform so its doable.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I think regular mods have access to the username change request list on bulba which runs on the same platform so its doable.
Us normal mods have a "username" tab in the moderation tools. Sadly, the tab doesn't work though, but it's implemented. I'm assuming it's a plugin issue.

@Serebii hopefully I'm not stressing you out with all of this. Thanks for coming in here and reading suggestions. We're all in this together.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Well obvi but I'm talking about non extremes. The goal should be rehibailiation and not just readily being willing to throw the hammer down at people. That does nothing for nobody in the end and is a temp fix.

Esp because a lot of things get lost in context while typing since you can't see people's faces. Context can get lost and things can be taken how they weren't intended

Exactly. We're only human, so it's always good to try to keep an open mind and if need be find out the context of something in case there's a misunderstanding.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to this.

Sham

Also went I mean my democracy thing I meant like nominations..which was probably the better word which is what happening now and Hunter threw out a really great option. I'm staning Mr. Reloaded as an option
Exactly. We're only human, so it's always good to try to keep an open mind and if need be find out the context of something in case there's a misunderstanding.
And just a closing point all harsh punishment is gonna do is have people low-key resent you especially if you are just throwing out punishments.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Also went I mean my democracy thing I meant like nominations..which was probably the better word which is what happening now and Hunter threw out a really great option. I'm staning Mr. Reloaded as an option

And just a closing point all harsh punishment is gonna do is have people low-key resent you especially if you are just throwing out punishments.

I agree with you on that. It can be case by case tho, depending on the situation. If someone is just here to blatantly troll and not contribute, then the punishment usually would be harsher than a garden variety troll. A lot of times, just keeping an eye on them is a start and seeing where their behavior goes.

Usually via a warning, if they continue, then it goes to an infraction and so on.

Sham

I agree with you on that. It can be case by case tho, depending on the situation. If someone is just here to blatantly troll and not contribute, then the punishment usually would be harsher than a garden variety troll. A lot of times, just keeping an eye on them is a start and seeing where their behavior goes.

Usually via a warning, if they continue, then it goes to an infraction and so on.
Mhm, ideally even when giving the message it wouldn't hurt saying "Yo...you're getting this message and this is why..." or like a quick explanation. I have no experience in that but I assume and realise doing mod activities can be a lot of work but that could do wonders instead of leaving the user upset and frustrated wondering what they did wrong and then prone to repeat it in a few days. Like you said tho it's case by case basis too

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Mhm, ideally even when giving the message it wouldn't hurt saying "Yo...you're getting this message and this is why..." or like a quick explanation. I have no experience in that but I assume and realise doing mod activities can be a lot of work but that could do wonders instead of leaving the user upset and frustrated wondering what they did wrong and then prone to repeat it in a few days. Like you said tho it's case by case basis too

That's what I do when warnings and infractions are handed out. I try to make it as clear as I can, as to why they're receiving said warning or infraction.

Troo33

eh, many of the people here have biases, if some people get a mod y"all won't be able to see a critic for Iris or SM (to give some examples). These people are constantly in silly discussions and can't control themselves. They claim to be objective, but they are not uhh

Some people also constantly call others idiots here, so i wouldn't trust almost anyone who commented, except pokegirlfan, leonhart or mr reloaded

Some reliable people are rune knight, masdog, spiderphoenix, evee903

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
eh, many of the people here have biases, if some people get a mod y"all won't be able to see a critic for Iris or SM (to give some examples). These people are constantly in silly discussions and can't control themselves. They claim to be objective, but they are not uhh

Some people also constantly call others idiots here, so i wouldn't trust almost anyone who commented, except pokegirlfan, leonhart or mr reloaded

Some reliable people are rune knight, masdog, spiderphoenix, evee903
hate to say it but Spider and Eevee are probably a pass. Even if they’re cool.