• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Forums Suggestions Thread

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
eh, many of the people here have biases, if some people get a mod y"all won't be able to see a critic for Iris or SM (to give some examples). These people are constantly in silly discussions and can't control themselves. They claim to be objective, but they are not uhh
Maybe it's time for some people to not post the same thing 600 times then

Anyway most of y'all trying to throw your names under the hat will probably just get overwhelmed with all the reports. That's why I'll throw MY name under the hat, for I fully plan to simply ignore them and just infract anyone I find annoying, automatically improving the forum for I am objectively correct 1000% of the time. It'll be the greatest PAD of all time, with blackjack and hookers

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

Anyway most of y'all trying to throw your names under the hat will probably just get overwhelmed with all the reports. That's why I'll throw MY name under the hat, for I fully plan to simply ignore them and just infract anyone I find annoying, automatically improving the forum for I am objectively correct 1000% of the time. It'll be the greatest PAD of all time, with blackjack and hookers
I nominate this guy

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer

You have my support XD

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
eh, many of the people here have biases, if some people get a mod y"all won't be able to see a critic for Iris or SM (to give some examples). These people are constantly in silly discussions and can't control themselves. They claim to be objective, but they are not uhh

Some people also constantly call others idiots here, so i wouldn't trust almost anyone who commented, except pokegirlfan, leonhart or mr reloaded

Some reliable people are rune knight, masdog, spiderphoenix, evee903
"y'all won't be able to see a critic for Iris or SM"
Do people love to victimise themselves here?
If anything the playing field will be even, with critics for ALL series being able to exist in a proper cordial way where no particular characters are given certain bias and the character bashing rule and moderation is equal for all, unlike the skewed version it is right now favouring one group majorly

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

But what’s your five year plan? And do you have a second one?

keepitsimple

site of lies
this. there's context to why people get annoyed at "critics" in pad, a lot of people feel the need to post the same opinion again and again and even making new pointless threads for that purpose which comes off really weird and baity, or they phrase it in a really inflammatory way.
you can just say you don't like iris or serena or whatever in a couple threads and drop it, it's not that deep

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
My issue with PAD is how it tends to go off the rails with nobody actually dropping in and saying “get back on topic and stop talking about shipping/Twitter drama/bigoted takes.”

Sham

The Guardian of War
"y'all won't be able to see a critic for Iris or SM"
Do people love to victimise themselves here?
If anything the playing field will be even, with critics for ALL series being able to exist in a proper cordial way where no particular characters are given certain bias and the character bashing rule and moderation is equal for all, unlike the skewed version it is right now favouring one group majorly
“No bad mouthing Iris”. Doesn’t seem like a bad idea. And yeah considering there once a rule once saying we couldn’t say “Japanese VA” and had to Google each characters voice actor and name them, I doubt that should be their main priority

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
It's silly to say some people have biases when, by nature, we all do. Not pretending any of us are unbiased or even close to perfect but like I'm not going to be hunting down people who disagree with me lol. For instance, DP is my favorite series and there's a certain user here who is very critical of it yet I have nothing against them and even agree with them on some things.I've also had people I do agree with express their opinions in a rude manner and would still call them out. The bigger concern should be the trolls who only post the same tired inflammatory bait to get people riled up and just stopping all the chaos that is going on right now.

U.N. Owen

All of us have bias. It’s only when biases end up creating double standards where I take issue. If a thread gets derailed because people started talking about Pokeshipping or Advancedshipping, but it’s okay to talk about Pearlshipping or Amourshipping, fan art and Twitter drama and all, that’s when I take issue.

Sham

The Guardian of War
The bigger concern should be the trolls who only post the same tired inflammatory bait to get people riled up and just stopping all the chaos that is going on right now.
We’ve spoken about this in private before. Like discussed trolls the annoying the absolute heck out of us. Not gonna say their name but how would you deal with that person in particular? Ban? Or?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
It's silly to say some people have biases when, by nature, we all do. Not pretending any of us are unbiased or even close to perfect but like I'm not going to be hunting down people who disagree with me lol. For instance, DP is my favorite series and there's a certain user here who is very critical of it yet I have nothing against them and even agree with them on some things.I've also had people I do agree with express their opinions in a rude manner and would still call them out. The bigger concern should be the trolls who only post the same tired inflammatory bait to get people riled up and just stopping all the chaos that is going on right now.
This. I was pretty active during the Sun and Moon days, SM is still my favourite so far, but I know perfectly where the line is. In 16 years on this forum I've never even received a warning from mods. It's really not that difficult to know what's acceptable and what isn't. I mostly just stop interacting with the trolls or folks who can't actually form a coherent argument. If calling them out on it as a regular user would actually help anything I might have done that, but usually they just end up on my ignore list.

U.N. Owen

We’ve spoken about this in private before. Like discussed trolls the annoying the absolute heck out of us. Not gonna say their name but how would you deal with that person in particular? Ban? Or?
I say just give a 10 point infraction and call it a day. If it happens again, another 10 point infraction.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
If they continue to troll, rile up fans and break the character bashing and flammatory rules, even after the mods have a discussion with them, it's time to ban them for the sake of the peace of the forum and it's members, and to avoid drama and have productive discussions

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Give them a warning or 2 then at least consider a ban or temporary suspension would be the fairest thing imo. I don't know how the existing mods handle that but I'd at least give them a chance to fix themselves even if it seems impossible.

U.N. Owen

Off the mod train, can we please update the rules and infraction point system?

For starters, the links at the bottom of the rules thread are dead and need to be googled. Both documents refer to the old forum host rather than the new one. It’s a bit bad for new users and even returning users to put more effort into finding out how things work around here.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Give them a warning or 2 then at least consider a ban or temporary suspension would be the fairest thing imo. I don't know how the existing mods handle that but I'd at least give them a chance to fix themselves even if it seems impossible.
As per my discussion with the current mod:
Everyone sees them as a joke so it's best to just ignore and let them continue as it ain't that serious. They just joking

Also, calling Goh a pyschopath is 'just a joke' and doesn't come under character bashing and is a legitimate source of discussion.